No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed this back on the Gamecube but this thread isn't selling it to me as a 37 year old so sadly it looks like BalsDeep won't be rebuilt.

Comment

Let's see if we can have all 6 different fruit by the end of the weekend.

Comment

I feel like I have already done too much for one day. It’s moving too fast!

Comment

I got a letter from "Mom" on day 2 with cherries. I've already planted one, so will have more to distribute in 3 days.
          Also, watch out for a little bit of light poking out of the ground - the planted money bag from the GC version are back!

Comment

My town now contains pears coconuts and peaches but the pears and coconuts are still growing so no fruit yet i did plant a money bag in a glowing spot so i will hopefully have a money tree too if it takes hold, not bought online pass yet so i cant do multiplayer island hopping but i wonder if you can send letters to other villagers without needing online i shall test in a moment. Managed to Help Gulliver and he promised something cool in the mail in a few days i wonder what it will be, also helped Blathers do stage 1 of the museum. Used a lot of my miles to upgrade my pockets and get the tool wheel now don't have enough to get a ticket to do resource island hopping so i have called it a day till it gets dark then i'll see if anything interesting pops up in the trees.

Managed to find a gold nugget so i have a feeling that gold tools are something you are able to craft in the future i'm going to predict that if you manage to get a gold tool it will last forever. Today it's been raining on the island all day and it's been wonderful the sound of the rain when you are in your house or in a tent is super relaxing as is the thunderstorm that happened with the lighning making it look very cool i love all the little details like the ripples on the water as the rain hits it's just a really nice enviroment to hang out in i hope Nintendo add in a load more content as i do miss the Gyroids. Wonder if they are planning to add microtransactions into this game? i was surprised to see there haven't been any so far i was convinced there would be something dodgy in there. Hoping there isn't as i'd hate for stuff to be locked behind paywalls.
            Last edited by importaku; 21-03-2020, 16:15.

Comment

The Nook air tickets (2000pts) will take you to a randomly generated island, with all sorts of stuff on it free for the taking, including fruits. Managed to get me some coconuts and a whole bunch of fish/bugs that don't usually show up on my island.

Comment

Its a nice feature and i'm guessing nintendo added that in for people who are not able to go online so there's a way of getting stuff still even if it tales a bit longer which is why they like to keep throwing those damn addictive nookmiles tasks at you for everything.

Comment

Once you unlock Miles+ you get bonus tasks too, the first 5 have double miles, but then each task you complete gets you another task. Really there is no end to how many miles you can get. Which is nice.

Comment

Looks like im screwed, i tried adding a online account and i forgot i was playing on my Japanese profile so my save is linked to that. Can't buy a Japanese online plan as they wont take my credit card so the only way i'm gonna be able to do this is if i start the game all over again using my uk profile as i don't think if i buy a uk online pass and then play on my Japanese profile it will let me.
                    Last edited by importaku; 21-03-2020, 16:37.

Comment

You would have to make a new character but you could dump all your old character's items first.

Pro tip for new fruit: take the whole tree, not just the fruit. Eat a fruit first and then use a shovel to dig up the whole tree. When you replant it, the fruit are still there.

Comment

Been looking into it more it seems if i bought the family plan on my uk account i could then add my Japanese profile as a family member and it should let me share the onnline functionality.

£31 for a yearly family plan i just signed up as i won't get the most out of this without it, im now online capable i need friendcodes of everyone please.
                        Last edited by importaku; 21-03-2020, 17:46.

Comment

My gates open for anyone who wants peaches but there's not much in my town apart from that i have locked it with a Dodo code so you'll need to enter it at the airport to get in. 7VD1R

Comment

Not sure I can fly yet- isn't it after a day?
                            I started this at 11 last night.

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
                              Not sure I can fly yet- isn't it after a day?
                              I started this at 11 last night.
                              Ah yeah you need to be on the next day for the airport to open but never fear i'll be online on this over the weekend and most of next week as i'm off work sick so i don't have much to do lol. Need to get my moneys woth out of this damn onine stuff.

Comment

Cheers mate.
                                Just have cherries so far so keen to get my orchards going.

Comment

Working...
                                X