No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the catalogue seems really good. I haven’t got to do all that much yet but, this weekend, I want to get some visiting done, maybe pick up some fruit. I haven’t seen any other towns or villagers.

Comment

I'll have you over later.

Comment

Found a red floor light Kryss, check your post. Finally found the last 2 missing fossils for that wing of the museum so any i find now i'll be holding onto to donate to people as that wing of the museum is complete, at my stats i have had 300+ fossils appraised man it didn't seem as many as that but i have been putting in mammoth play sessions while i have been off.

Think i have enough funds saved up in the bank to start progressing the story a bit more as i have been holding off building the next area nook wanted me to.

Comment

Finally figured out the Amiibo process for using with the

campsite

Once you have gotten far enough into the story and built the certain facility an amiibo option becomes available from the nook shop booth in resident services allowing you to summon an amiibo character to the

campsite

Summoning a character will bring them to the tent and when you talk to them they will ask you to make them something if you have the craft recipe already you can go off and do it but if you haven't learnt it yet i was given a recipe for the item they wanted. When you go build the item and give it to them you usually get an item in return and you can ask them to stay.

Here's the thing, they rarely say yes to fully moving in on their first visit they say they will have to think it over you will have to repeat this process a couple more times they only stay for a day so you will have to try again once they have returned home. Kabuki didn't agree to fully stay till my 3rd invitation you then need to find a plot for him to move into. Not sure if certain characters are harder to convince in staying or all take 3 attempts to get to move in. Either way it's a good way of gettin free items & recipes as well as new villagers too.

Theres a villager limit so i'm going to have to choose carefully as theres a lot i like but i'm conflicted as the ones currently in my town i have grown to like, meanwhile i'm pleased i can finally use these badboys to tailor my village population to my liking. You can't invite anyone on a special card like the facility characters from the various events and shops resetti ect...

I like how their houses are not just standard but tailored to them Kabuki's is a Japanese styled house inside & out.

Last edited by importaku; 27-03-2020, 18:00.

Comment

Currently having a ball with this, managed to offload my turnips for a profit which helped pay off some house extensions. Now I can enjoy the rest of the week until I put myself through it all over again next week!

Comment

It’s Friday.

Comment

Good point

Comment

YES!! I managed to convince my most fave villager to come stay. Beardo you majestic bugger lol, didn't appreciate his request for a golden candlestick as i damn well knew what one of the crafting materials would be. After the obscene amount of hours i have been putting in i have come across the grand total of 4 golden nuggets they spawn rarely at all. Thankfully the candlestick only needed 2.

Comment

Nice work, I need to work on my generic villagers, I mean I have two Rhinos already and the village isn't even full yet...

Comment

My original villagers are Bunni, Deli, Carrie & Diva in the beginning i didn't think much of them but as the days have gone on i have become very fond of them all. Daily interactions & them sending me letters to see how im doing and running over to greet my with gifts has been charming.

Enjoying collecting the music in this one, i love how you can display the records on the wall like pictures or put them all into a music player to listen to them. Trying to see how many of the songs i can find, luckily nooks store has a different one every day in the shopping catalogue.

Comment

Beardo is hilarious. The pool of starting villagers seems pretty small. I have Billy and a lot of people have Billy. Got some rhino yesterday, Rhonda, and I don’t like her. I also have Canberra and Erik (he was in my New Leaf town). But I got Tutu, a bear, and she’s adorable. She is the first villager here I really like.

I wish I had Amiibo cards for Wart Jr and Chèvre.

Comment

Well in this version its a bit easier to turf out a villager you don't like you can speak to isabelle when you get to the point in the story where she comes and she will boot them off the island, i have yet to do it myself so i don't know quite how it goes down although some clown sheep moved in and i'm finding that one annoying so i may know sooner than later lol.

Im happy Nintendo allowed the cards to work with this game, as i was half expecting them to do what they usually do and make them only work for one game. This time around they are not as cheap as ereader cards were, these things were damn expensive so it's nice having a bit more uses for them between games. Still convinced there is going to be some form of new amiibo card related stuff released to go with this game it's too high profile to not get something i have subscribed to nintendos animal crossing twitter account to keep in the loop but i'll be checking nintendo japan frequently too. I'll be keeping my eye out for books as there have been design books released for past games that had patterns for you to copy the newer ones started having the qr codes in them as well.

Spotted that nintendo are selling merch for this game on their online store i got an email from the japanese side and it had pics of the dodo air tote bags, wonder if i could rig tenso to get this stuff shipped?
                          Last edited by importaku; 27-03-2020, 23:16.

Comment

I've been discussing the animals' characters with my kids. We all think they're much more rounded and interesting than previous Animal Crossing games. I used to hate all the jock animals, but I have a tiger who's sometimes funny, sometimes sweet, and always varied. It's a real positive about this game.

Still just about prefer New Leaf though. There are times in ACNH where I feel I'm just grinding for cash or Nook miles. And there's not enough to do yet. Where are the extra characters? Or the mini games? It's all feeling slightly sparse. That said, I'll still play it every day for the next year...

Comment

Yeah, it’s very early days but I was having similar thoughts earlier. And was wondering just how much is just built on the previous games. Writing letters still doesn’t seem to know how to shift things to the next line, The designs are all exactly the same res as New Leaf. So much is just carried over and feels like I’m continuing New Leaf with the lack of a town street making it feel like Wild World. I do suspect there will turn out to be much more to this game and they’ll add a lot but it doesn’t yet add much to the Animal Crossing mix.

Anyone know if there are still perfect fruits? And persimmons?

Comment

Or gold tools? I really want good tools.

Comment

Working...
                                X