Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Thats a tough one as so far none of us have seen everything this game has to offer it trickles in the new stuff gradually like the other games, nobody fully knows what stuff didn't make it into this edition and Nintendo can release updates that add in features. But it's stupidly charming that fuzzy texture look on the animals brings them to life it's a very appealing style. I keep saying it but just running around with the wind blowing through the trees is so relaxing that my stress just melts away when playing. The games have always had weather but never this nice to listen to.

Those DIY recipe cards i have a very funny feeling Nintendo will release a set of real amiibo cards that have the same features and when you scan it into the game it will give you the recipe to use. It's something that they would do my prediction sense is going off, i refuse that with a mainline AC game they don't have some form of amiibo merchandise tied with it cooking up in the back rooms at Nintendo hq. It's been a long time since we had a home console AC game.

Bumped into a hippy looking dog called Harvey he let me come to his island to use the photopia studio so i can now scan my amiibo cards and see which characters out of my faves can be called to the island and which are not in the game at all. Shoutout to Blathers museum my god that thing is amazing it's like a tardis in there and it's really pretty, i mean the museum in the previous games were nice but this one i want to try and max out with exhibits.
    What exactly do Amiibo cards unlock? I assume the previous series cards will work with New Horizons.

I've never used the cards, but might pick a pack up for novelty value.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
      What exactly do Amiibo cards unlock? I assume the previous series cards will work with New Horizons.

I've never used the cards, but might pick a pack up for novelty value.
      The amiibo figures and also the cards used in happy home designer are used to summon characters into the photo studio but if the character isn't in the game they can't be summoned. If the villager happens to be one that's in the game then when they are summoned you can ask them to come live in your village. However for villagers that are not in the game you can buy a poster of them to put in your house and thats all i have learnt about it so far from various places online.

Edit] Just thinking there were also that other set of amiibo cards that were released for animal crossing new leaf on 3ds to go along with the update i wonder if those work too?
      Last edited by importaku; 23-03-2020, 10:31.

Comment

Thanks for that. Think I'll grab a pack.

Comment

Loving this game. Comes in handy when your waiting for your misses to get of the tv .
          On the verge of the museum opening and just a few more iron nuggets for the Nook shop to be built. Great move to travel to a mystery island but I’m like a kid in a candy store

Comment

Busy day on the island! Apparently 3 people want to move in, so I had to place their new houses and furnish them inside and out. That was work. The Museum is awesome, the shop adds some cool features too. Caught 91 fishes in a row with no escapes and I messed one up. 9 away from that Nook goal, made me so mad, but I'll be fishing for a long time still lol.

Tip of the day: Once you got the Axe (not the flimsy or stone one, those are for not destroying trees) you can chop trees down with 3 swings. Leave a bunch of stumps around afterwards, don't dig them up, as they attract new bugs!

Comment

Got bamboo from a mystery island!
              You can hit it with your weak ax to get bamboo pieces, then dig it up (after eating fruit) to take it home! Bamboo shoots are buried nearby too.

Comment

So, not only can you send postcards and attach items, but you can send items DIRECTLY from Nook Shopping to your friends/best friends!
                I sent you guys a little something!

Comment

Warning for anyone buying this to share in the house like i did for my other half and i.

Before the influx of Animal Crossing defenders yell at me or trivialize why I'm so upset, please know this: I love this game and this franchise. I have purchased every Animal Crossing mainline game since the GameCube era and was so excited to purchase this game for my girlfriend and I to share...

Whoever creates an island first on the switch is a primary player, all other players basically get shafted.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    So, not only can you send postcards and attach items, but you can send items DIRECTLY from Nook Shopping to your friends/best friends!
                    I sent you guys a little something!
                    Have you got to be invited to your island first or vice versa to receive gifts Kryss?

Comment

Yes, one needs to visit the other. That makes you friends.

Comment

Naturally, I've made a "BD crew" pattern. Now I have to figure out how to send it to you all.

Comment

I'm liking my tent, still in it. After I upgrade, is it gone forever?

Comment

'fraid so.

Unlocked customisations today! And Sahara was on the island so I got a mysterious wallpaper and a mysterious flooring. AND Harvey was there too, so I can fly to Fotopia any time I like. Which is funny, because I have a copy of Fotopia for the N64 behind me as I type this.

Comment

Must have easily put 30 hours into this so far i have been playing it a hell of a lot now on huge blocks of the day and im into a daily game cycle of starting the day harvesting a crapload of non native fruit trees and selling them off as i go around i pick up any litter branches and dig up fossils i then goto musem and turn fossils in and if not needed i then head to the shop and finally sell a full inventory off then go back and do the remaining fruit trees on the other half of the island. In about 20 mins work i net about 160,000 bells which has helped me pay off all my loans i'm now on the final loan from the last house expansion once i'm done it's time to temp dig up all the trees so i have room for building relocation and then plan the layout of my town properly before i plant everything back in a much more pleasing configuration as at the moment it's pretty messy as there's fruit trees everywhere to help raise the funds. Jump ahead a few days so the trees respawn then repeat then go back a few days then save and then repeat again. Really looking forward to having the town take shape i'm still working on that as nook wants me to install another feature so i'm not fully unlocked yet.

About 8 fossils away from completing that wing of the museum but fish & bugs i have a lot to go as i have only managed to get the ones in season i'm still missing a few of the rare fish. Oh for anyone who has a villager who says there itchy, hit them with a net hehe. The ability to decorate outside like in happy home designer is a game changer but as i get into decorating i realised that it's a lot more limited than happy home designer too as i haven't been able to find anything to hang from the ceilings of my house. It's still a step in the correct direction in customisation though.

Interesting nintendo released an interview i read it on gaf about this been the first time you can wear whatever sex of clothing you like but they also acknowledged that people time travelled and thats why they removed the penaltys this time so they could still do so but also the reson why the holidays are now download events that you will only be able to access when they make them go live so everyone gets to experince them at the same time no matter how much you jump around which i think is fair as the items from holidays end up been unique and moreso than in any of the other versions as if you miss the holiday you are either going to have to be given those items by another player or you are going to have to wait a year for the holiday to come around. So far it's been a blast, not quite upto the greatness of the game cube e+ version as that had playable famicom games but out of the more modern gen ones it's the best.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#42f3f7113d8f

Naturally, I've made a "BD crew" pattern. Now I have to figure out how to send it to you all.
                                Think he only way to share designs is via the Nintendo online app, which lets you scan QR codes to import into the game

Comment

Working...
                                X