BPX044: That's How I Roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPX044: That's How I Roll

Friday fun as self-isolation sets in and the media acts like we'll all be dead or lying in our own filth by Monday.

Very simple - So far, how many toilet rolls have you got in your home right now as stockpiling really kicks in?
    0-5: Up Schidt Creek
    0%
    6-10: Almost Wiped Out
    0%
    11-15: Turning the Other Cheek
    0%
    16-20: No Crack
    0%
    21-25: Wiping Up in Brown Town
    0%
    26-30: Flushed with Supply
    0%
    31-35: Assessing My Log
    0%
    36-39: The Great Mighty Poo
    0%
    41-45: Winner of Kerplunk
    0%
    46-50: High Roller
    0%
    50+: A Dabber Hand
    0%
    100+: King of the Throne
    0%

I've got one and a half. I'm alone in the house so don't need that much. I would buy another 2 or 4 pack were they available at a reasonable price, but sadly the only pack I found is a local newsagent selling 9 packs of cheapo off brand stuff for £15 each. Yep. £15. **** them.

It really annoys me that people stockpiled in the first place. It's the only reason we have a shortage on the shelves.

Comment

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toilet-Roll...1&rps=1&sr=8-3 14 in stock delivery by Wednesday.

I've actually no idea if 71p a roll is expensive or not, I've never really looked at the price of an individual loo roll given it's something you just need to buy.

Comment

Thanks Marty - that's overkill for me as I live alone, I think it would be about a year's supply! I'll keep my eyes peeled on Amazon though.

Comment

I've taken the approach of not pursuing any of it but if I'm in a store and it's there for a normal price picking one pack up. As such we're now stocked up with - by my count - 37 rolls. I'll keep an eye on usage for the next week but broadly likely won't get more unless it looks like it's going down. Food is really the bigger concern atm at the rate things are going

Comment

I've taken to wiping my arse with pages torn out of the instruction manuals of rare Super Famicom games.

(I bought plenty of spare TP and hand soap a few weeks back, totally unrelated to COVID-19. Phew!)

Comment

We usually have loads in the house because my kids seem to go through it at a stupid rate but we've probably got somewhere between 12-15 rolls at the moment. Not really concerned as our smaller local shops don't seem to have any supply issues - it's just the huge supermarkets that are getting cleared out. Anything mid-size or smaller has a good supply of everything we need.

Comment

Working...
              X