The Ones That Got Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ones That Got Away

Another Friday Fun simple little thread.

Collectively we all play a lot of games from the great pantheon of titles that are released each year, some of us here are even quite focused on catching up with games from past years that they never played when they first came out.

What are the key games from past years that you still haven't played through and can't quite believe that's the case?

Shadow of the colossus.
    Portal & Portal 2
    all the Yakuza games

Comment

Heavenly Sword is the one that immediately pops to my mind

Comment

Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Last of Us is installed and ready to play and has been for years.

Comment

Shadow of the Colossus
          Heavy Rain
          The Last of Us
          GTA V
          Pretty much every COD after MW2
          Borderlands 1 and 2 (though I do have these on the pile of shame)
          Any Far Cry
          Any Assassin's Creed

Loads of stuff, really. I'm getting less and less arsed about trying to play absolutely everything as I get older and tend to stick to what I like.

Comment

Super Metroid.

I know, I have no excuse.

Comment

I missed it at the time and only just played through it for the first time recently on the Switch. Amazing game.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                Shadow of the colossus.
                Portal & Portal 2
                all the Yakuza games

Portal Wtf. Get on it.

Comment

Same with the Yakuza's, only ever played a demo on PS3, now some are on xbox free pass or whatever I may get involved.

Last of us 0_o. Actually own that as well.

Never played on a PS4 and prob never will

Comment

Monster Hunter World. My son has been nagging me for a year now. I bought it 9 months ago but haven't played it.

Comment

I'm another one that hasn't played Portal despite buying The Orange Box years ago.
                      I didn't like Mario 64 so have never played any other 3d Mario games.
                      Wasn't into Ico so haven't played Shadow of the Colossus either.
                      Can't see the appeal in the stuff like Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn or Last of Us.
                      And I know it's probably the biggest selling game of all time but I have no interest in GTA V either.

Comment

I must be the only one in the world that's never played any of the Sims games or any of the Mindcraft ones.

Comment

I've never played a Destiny or Titanfall game, and probably never will. They don't appeal at all.

I've never played the original Elite, but hope to one day.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Portal Wtf. Get on it.
                            I really have no excuse , PS3 and The Orange Box are sitting here.

The only thing is my PS3 is loaded with all the JPN PSN games, Little Ralph, Harmful Park and other gems, those buggers always entice me away from orange box.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              I'm another one that hasn't played Portal despite buying The Orange Box years ago.
                              I didn't like Mario 64 so have never played any other 3d Mario games.
                              Wasn't into Ico so haven't played Shadow of the Colossus either.
                              Can't see the appeal in the stuff like Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn or Last of Us.
                              And I know it's probably the biggest selling game of all time but I have no interest in GTA V either.
                              I was the same with GTA V until I actually gave it serious game time, easily one my favourite games now. it's a game you can play for 10 minutes or for hours.

Love Uncharted series. Last of us meh.

I always seen myself as an arcade/retro gamer (still do) but am loving the PS4 more than any other console I've had. I picked up Dead Cells last week .Amazeballs!!
                              Last edited by garrz32; 21-03-2020, 10:41. Reason: shocking spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X