No announcement yet.

New PC - now built!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found the packet: corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 (2x8GB)

Comment

Looks like a solid build to me, cute little 2060! That'll last you ages.

Comment

What's the normal benchmark willy waving software that everyone uses these days?

Comment

3DMark TimeSpy or UNIGINE Superposition!

Comment

Solid rig.

Give it some Ray Tracing love with Bright Memory on Steam. Maybe some Battlefield 5 RTX. After that, turn it off as it kills the frames

Comment

Got Xbox Game Pass 4 months for free. Installed Xbox Beta app. Can't install anything.... The install button is greyed out. There's no drive existing apparently. Please choose a drive - 0 drives available. ****ing PC gaming is so ****. Since the dawn of time. Why say the best way to play is with a Beta app? It's lunacy. I can install stuff from the MS store no problem though.
              Last edited by charlesr; 04-04-2020, 09:39.

Comment

My case has vents at the front, underneath (for the psu), back (where the case fan is) and top. Should I cover up the vents on the top? Bit confused.

Comment

You want air flow, not a chaotic tornado in there. I used to have air come in at the front and out that back. That way you have room temperature air flowing over your components

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    My case has vents at the front, underneath (for the psu), back (where the case fan is) and top. Should I cover up the vents on the top? Bit confused.
                    That really depends on your internal configuration and how much space you have around your computer. Having top/bottom fans with the case sandwiched between floor and desk will do no good, and you want to be sure that there are no pockets of warm air in any part of the case if you go for a push/pull configuration on all sides.
                    I have fans pulling in air from front and bottom, and pushing out from rear and top, but that's because I have enough space around to avoid creating a pocket of warm air just above the case and sucking in air just pushed out of the PC.
                    With your config a simple front pull/rear push is enough, if you want to be extra sure add a fan in the front to suck extra air in, aligned with the GPU.

Comment

So what do I do about the roof? It's just a mesh. Leave it so that hot air can be pushed out on it's own by cool air dropping in (convection)? There's no actual cover included though.

Comment

And as an aside, this is very exciting. I rendered a vid and it took 2 minutes. Unfortunately, the quality setting wasn't quite right, so I just rendered it again! 4 mins total. This would have been 45 minutes previously.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          So what do I do about the roof? It's just a mesh. Leave it so that hot air can be pushed out on it's own by cool air dropping in (convection)? There's no actual cover included though.
                          If there are no fans, I'll cover it: dust magnet. Strange there isn't any kind of dust filter.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                            Strange there isn't any kind of dust filter.
                            Unfortunately I think there are quite a few cases that don't. My Corsair Carbide Air 540 and a HP Gen8 Microserver had no dust filters (both old cases now).

For the Corsair case I ended up spending too much on a DEMCiflex kit which included 6 magnetic dust filters which were absolutely fantastic and I thoroughly would recommend. OC'ers do sell some bespoke and non-bespoke dust filters so there are aftermarket solutions available.

As someone that has mostly bought Lian-Li cases over the years it did come as a surprise to see cases without any dust filters.

Comment

For me instead is how many cases have dust filters but they can't be taken out without disassembling some parts, or why the bottom dust filter comes out from the back of the PC.

Comment

This is still making me in awe. Handbrake is doing 140fps. Under 2 minutes instead of 20. So worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X