Critics Club III: The Greatest Film of 1994

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critics Club III: The Greatest Film of 1994

With both rounds now complete we decide what film truly was the greatest of...

Vote for your King of 1994
    Clerks
    0%
    Interview with a Vampire
    0%
    The Crow
    0%
    Drunken Master II
    0%
    Ed Wood
    0%
    Leon: The Professional
    0%
    Pulp Fiction
    0%
    True Lies
    0%
    Shallow Grave
    0%
    Speed
    0%

Pulp Fiction was a monumental trip to the cinema. I remember coming out wondering how anything could ever top it for sheer entertainment. And even though I'm not overly bothered these days about ever watching it again it has to be in the mix as something great.

Shallow Grave was a memorable trip to the cinema too for the squirming girl sat in front of us who keep asking her boyfriend if they could leave. This was the best British film I'd seen in a long time. Not seen it for ages but need to watch it again. This and Trainspotting were massive highlights of the 90s. Danny Boyle and his crew were a dream team. Shame the powers that be thought he was getting Bond wrong.

Comment

Clerks wins the top vote for '94

Heartbreaking

Comment

Pulp Fiction is obviously the best film but you must admit that everyone likes Clerks when they are 18.

Comment

I enjoyed Clerks but it's very much one of those films for me that it's good on the basis of circumstances under which it was made. Outside of that kind of ringfence I wouldn't think of it that strongly.

Comment

Working...
          X