Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Nice, not long to wait. Need a physical copy of this one.
    Ditto! All over this.

Comment

It's a little weird hearing young Nier in English, but I am sure I will deal with it, particularly as it looks and sounds so great! The combat looks like it's been changed a lot more than I was expecting.

Square-Enix have also posted some new arrangements of old tracks on their YouTube channel alongside the trailer. I think these are just for a supplementary soundtrack rather than being in-game.

Comment

I still don't know if I prefer old or young Nier. One fits better with Iona, the other with Kaine.

Comment

I'll be playing in Japanese anyway. The American voices just throw me out of the fantasy.
          Just placed my order for the Xbox version. This should be extra sweet running on the series X.
          Last edited by Yakumo; 13-02-2021, 09:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...latest-trailer
            9 minutes of gameplay and a release date confirmed of 23 April 2021
            Looks nice. However, the PS3 version on the RPCS3 emulator looks the same to be honest. Have they done any work to the assets or are they just upscaling the original stuff?

Comment

I looked at some comparison shots and all the character models look like they've been redone. They have different faces so they've at least redone the heads. Not sure about the environment art or anything else though. They have described it as somewhere between a remaster and a remake with some extra content.

Comment

Comment

It's out this week, folks!

My request: could anyone picking up the Japanese version confirm if it's got English options in it?

Comment

Has their been any word on if they have been looking at the more shonky elements of the original, game? i seem to remember it suffered form some very shonky gameplay and poor signposting at times. I remember having to watch a vid on the fishing as it didn't work at all like you would have thought it would have and it forced you to do this to progress the story at one point.

Comment

Oh the bloody fishing!!!!!! To be fair, that was the only issue I had but it was ridiculous I remember.

Comment

It's not going to be quite as slick as Automata with Platinum having done the business on it, but Toylogic definitely seem to have taken some cues from it when putting this one together.

I played Gestalt only a few years ago and do not remember the fishing at all? Maybe I've blocked it out entirely

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          It's out this week, folks!

My request: could anyone picking up the Japanese version confirm if it's got English options in it?
                          Mines on the way From amazon. I'll let you know once it arrives if no one gets it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            Has their been any word on if they have been looking at the more shonky elements of the original, game? i seem to remember it suffered form some very shonky gameplay and poor signposting at times. I remember having to watch a vid on the fishing as it didn't work at all like you would have thought it would have and it forced you to do this to progress the story at one point.
                            To me the combat looks a bit snappier but I really loved the original's combat so if it is unchanged that's fine by me. They have said that the fishing has been tweaked but I don't know if they said how. I don't remember having an issue with it which seems weird since so many other people did. They also said item drop rates are the same so there'll still be grinding in the junk dungeon for the weapon upgrades.

Comment

This explains the issue i and lots of others had, firstly the control description is wrong if you press B again when you get a bite he stops fishing, i was thinking "oh im not dong it fast enough." so spent ages messing about, what you actually need to do is pull back on the analog stick to start fishing.

it didn't end their your given a quest to go to the beach and catch a certain fish if you go to the beach next to where your given the quest you will never catch the fish the old man wants, instead you have to go back up through the town and to a different beach to catch that fish. It really peed me off and made me think was this game even playtested.
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 23-04-2021, 09:52.

Comment

Double post Eurogamer review is in

the final paragraph is spot on to me

Nier: Automata was a clear effort to implement feedback from the first game and enhance Nier's strengths and eradicate its weaknesses, according to its developers. I consider Nier: Automata to be essential, as such I think if you're a mildly curious Automata fan, you'll come away from Nier disappointed. You have played the better Nier game already.

Comment

Working...
                                X