Persona 5 Royal [PS4]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    Finally, the music. This was like being locked for a month in a freight container with Jamiroquai, and if I never hear another note of acid jazz for as long as I live that will be just fine.

Good job on finishing it. I also found it a slog towards the end. It's a good game but I'd definitely like to see a more compact approach to 6.

Comment

I'm hoping for double the length of 5 with even more people to make bonds with Spending time with all of them as i slowly got to know them & grew closer by doing the events it felt kind of bittersweet when i completed the game, as i wanted to see their story continue to see what eventually happened to all of them as i got really invested in their lives.
      Last edited by importaku; 04-10-2021, 13:54.

Comment

I know what you mean. It's a nice world to inhabit.

The problem I have with 5 is not its length in and of itself. As Golgo put it, I've played longer games, but rarely has a game felt quite so long. For me that was down to the pacing. In the latter half I felt the story was not nearly as well paced as the fourth game, which built smoothly to a crescendo.

5, by comparison, had numerous bits where I thought it was going to wrap up, then, oops, no, here's another dungeon. And so it became a bit of a slog, with the ending feeling like it should be just around the corner for about 30 odd hours.

Still one of my favourite RPGs ever though.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          I'm hoping for double the length of 5 with even more people to make bonds with Spending time with all of them as i slowly got to know them & grew closer by doing the events it felt kind of bittersweet when i completed the game, as i wanted to see their story continue to see what eventually happened to all of them as i got really invested in their lives.
          Now that's dedication - lol.

Comment

Started playing this on the Switch.

Technically it's a good port, the framerate is constant (or at least always on/around 30 with no major hicchups) at the cost of some textures and dynamic resolution, but the game is so visually busy (maybe a bit too much) that half of the time I don't really notice the game has scaled down resolution or few of the lower-res textures (like the exterior of the airsoft shop).

I'm at the second theft, and I'm having good fun but I wish there was less railroading and more chances to save the game before big events. The interface is a bit too baroque for my tastes, it could use more straight lines to improve readability. Also, after going through Kuro No Kiseki 2, getting back to the usual JRPG trope of ambush enemy -> battle -> result screen -> back to exploration feels obsolete, but at the very least it doesn't take much time and button inputs to go through the result screen.

Comment

Working...
            X