Resident Evil 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil 3

It is very intense. Different to the original. Focus on action more than anything else but the engine from REMake 2 is still a joy to behold.

Tiny first impressions but wanted to get the thread going. Nemesis is a beast as expected. At this stage it is hard to tell whether I'l love it enough to platinum like RE2 but it's a great experience.

More to come when I get a bit futher!
    10 - Six Flags
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Chessington
    0%

Yeah I agree, it’s more action orientated, this one. I’m not convinced with the dodging, as I find it a bit hit and miss, when dodging zombies.

I don’t know if I’m playing it correctly, or have the wrong settings on, but I find everything very dark and hard to see. There is no sign of an actual torch and when you do use a torch in the game, it’s just comes out, from the centre of jill’s body.

It is very much RE2, just at a faster pace.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
      I don’t know if I’m playing it correctly, or have the wrong settings on, but I find everything very dark and hard to see.
      Have you tried following the brightness guide? Most games you can just leave it as default but this one you actually need to do what it says. I tried putting my settings to default after and it all went super dark.

Comment

Playing on the one X. As said its a lot more action based but still a great atmosphere.
        Taking my time searching everywhere hoping I can finish it in the 8 to 9 hours mark

Comment

Keep your volume not too loud!

Comment

Yeah I agree, it’s more action orientated, this one. I’m not convinced with the dodging, as I find it a bit hit and miss, when dodging zombies.

I don’t know if I’m playing it correctly, or have the wrong settings on, but I find everything very dark and hard to see. There is no sign of an actual torch and when you do use a torch in the game, it’s just comes out, from the centre of jill’s body.

Sounds like an incorrect hdmi setting?

Comment

Pretty enjoyable so far man the beginning is intense it's just like jills bad day: the game lol. I have noticed the sound seems a bit iffy i have noticed a few breaks in the sound during cutscenes like a fraction of a millisecond but enough to hear i'm on a regular ps4. Hopefully capcom will fix them as i tend to replay these games quite a lot i lost count how many playthroughs i did of the previous game. I'm hoping theres a inf ammo unlockable at some point as i do enjoy blazing through ammo be dammned after completing it.

Comment

It’s a rollercoaster that never goes up. A shorter scripted experience that is 100 percent made for re runs and speed runs.

A lot of changes to the game as against the original.

Very different to RE2 but I still kinda love it.

Comment

As it's a shorter game i'm taking it slow, exploring the scenery and admiring it all as well as looking for as many documents & items as i can find.

Comment

I had to tweak the HDR settings as it was dark on my Oled

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                      Have you tried following the brightness guide? Most games you can just leave it as default but this one you actually need to do what it says. I tried putting my settings to default after and it all went super dark.
                      I don’t know how to do multiple quotes on here, but thanks for the heads up by everyone here regarding the lighting. I started tweaking it and it made a hell of a difference, but I had to turn the brightness up quite a bit. Which also caused a bit of a problem when in areas where there were a lot of lighting glare on the surfaces of objects, as it started to look like a glitchy mess.

Like many have said, it feels like a shorter experience, which is probably why they threw in the resistance game to ‘extended’ the overall campaign. For some reason I feel that RE3 is very similar to RE5, as your tasks with Carlos is very similar to the swarms of zombies that attack you in certain situations - defending an area or have a lot of zombies to kill in a small confined space.

I feel like I am close to the end of the game, although I am searching everything within the scenery, there really isn’t that many places to search through really. Most of the key items for unlocking things and trying the figure puzzles feels less of a challenge, as the focus here is obviously more on action.

The sound here is still top notch as being close to different scenic locations gives you different audio sounds, the brustling of tree leaves and wind for example. Having said this, I do get some random cross overs of music when in save rooms, which I think is a glitch, as has been mentioned above.

Although I’m more of a slower paced guy, when it comes to games, I think that I’ve experienced this before from the original game and Last years RE2, meant my expectations were not a lofty as when RE2 remakes came out.

Comment

Not sure if it’s me but I found the demo on the one X brighter with the exact HDR setting I have for the full game.???

Comment

Reached as far as the hospital & really enjoying it the mix of jill & carlos different gameplay is a nice change up liking the fend off wave stuff, the back button attachment is a real plus as i can duck & dodge like a ninja with it as well as running with ease i'm finding the combat enjoyable & i'm pleased to see there is unlockables like the previous game so i have stuff to go for on multiple playthroughs like inf ammo as well as unlocking concept art and other stuff im about 5 hours on my playtime so it's about similar to my runs on re2 as i was getting those down pretty good to s rank.

[edit] well i finally got to the end with a time of 6:43 which isn't that short as games go there's a lot less backtracking in this one which probably contributes to it feeling like you are blazing through. Was pleased to see that there is a lot of items and perks to unlock with points after you finish this alone will keep me going for ages as i mop up the trophies & ingame achievements.

It was a blast from start to fininsh and nowhere near as bad as the net were making it out to be.
                          Last edited by importaku; 06-04-2020, 01:46.

Comment

So, for anyone who has finished it, some thoughts on the trophy list / replyability.

It is going to be a lot easier than RE2, but a bit more grindy.

The shop gives you a whole lot of options to help you with your runs. The recovery coins already allowed me to do the 1 healing item or less run. The problem is though that they are there to be abused.

I've always said that the first run through of a game is the best for tension and balancing. That applies equally here. It is possible to farm the Rocket Launcher quite easily as points are tied to specific in game activities. I've chosen not to do that for my first Hardcore run because it just makes it too easy. I am using the Recovery Coin and Iron Defence Coin but nothing else. So far it has been difficult but I would argue much more rewarding than blasting all the enemies with the Rocket Launcher.

You do need to do that in the end though, the last trophies for Inferno S Rank require you to use the Rocket Launcher. There is just no other way I can conceive it would be possible.

So, all that said, I will Platinum this game. I'm already on my third playthrough on Hardcore minimal assistance and loving it. Next will be the no item box run I think!

Comment

Is the achievement for not using a health spray in this game? As I remember that being a criterion in a previous game. I have stopped briefly on finishing this as I did not want the magic to end so soon. But I have not used a health spray in my current first run through the game.

i am just after the part where Tyrell (I think that is his name) meets his demise

so I think I am close...

Comment

Working...
                              X