No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having binged on TLOU2 for the past week it seems I haven't quite had my fill of 3rd person horror so I started this tonight. RE2 Remake was my fave game last year, but even so, I'm going into this with no expectations whatsoever. I've never actually played 3 before ... I was put off by the whole Nemesis thing when it came out, but I feel less bothered by his constant bullying this time round.

So only very early in (or maybe I'm halfway through if rumours of the duration are to be believed ) but already I LOVE Racoon City. The stores and streets were always my favourite location with the small details everywhere and neon signs, so atmospheric. Even the detail on the posters in the subway is brilliant. Tiny things everywhere. I love it. Love the world of Resident Evil

Comment

Really enjoying this. As much as RE2 so far. I like how it straight away feels different from 2, I like the action-y vibe ... the city feels alive (in a dead way). I love clearing the different areas and zones around the city streets ... and opening up shortcuts à la Dark Souls. Feels so satisfying managing the landscape. Another feel-good moment came from reading a note near a safe and nothing in the immediate vicinity gave any clues as to the code ... so I moved on and forgot about it ... then a fair bit later I was

mooching around a shop and there was an advert for something on the wall, and the product name was the same two words referred to in the note ... proper lightbulb moment, totally discovered by chance ... get in there

Safe cracking in games is cool

Comment

Is it worth fighting Nemesis whenever he turns up or is it a waste of ammo?

EDIT: Ignore, I had a quick sesh before work and lobbed a grenade at him
        Last edited by Atticus; 02-07-2020, 08:10.

Comment

If you fight nemesis and hurt him hard enough he will drop a container which will have something useful inside but i can't remember if it's every encounter or only certain ones.

Comment

I'm just here to applaud the rating scheme.

Comment

Been pushing on with this and absolutely love it. It's like the Aliens of the series, locked and loaded all the way ... I was even feeling like Ripley when playing last night, mowing down hunters and pale heads ... so satisfying. All killer no filler so far, though it feels like it's close to being finished (I've been playing for more than 6 hours ).

Comment

Finished this last night and the finale was even more like Aliens. Total playtime 10 hours, actual game clearing time just under 7. Yes it's relatively short but not that much shorted that 2 (around 8 or 9 hours clear time iirc) but it doesn't feel that short as it's packed with action and moments. I like how it unlocks a shop when you finish with items that'll make additional runs fun. I really enjoyed this. The PD in RE2 takes some beating as a gaming environment but the streets and stores/buildings in 3 are fab.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Finished this last night and the finale was even more like Aliens. Total playtime 10 hours, actual game clearing time just under 7. Yes it's relatively short but not that much shorted that 2 (around 8 or 9 hours clear time iirc) but it doesn't feel that short as it's packed with action and moments. I like how it unlocks a shop when you finish with items that'll make additional runs fun. I really enjoyed this. The PD in RE2 takes some beating as a gaming environment but the streets and stores/buildings in 3 are fab.
                  I going to have to pick this up now. Was never a fan of the PS original but this sound epic

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    I going to have to pick this up now. Was never a fan of the PS original but this sound epic
                    if you go in with realistic expectations it's a lot of fun. You'd be welcome to borrow my copy any time ... just drop me a line

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      if you go in with realistic expectations it's a lot of fun. You'd be welcome to borrow my copy any time ... just drop me a line
                      Just picked up a copy for £20 on the One X, but thanks very much for the offer .

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        Just picked up a copy for £20 on the One X, but thanks very much for the offer .
                        Did you get it 2nd-hand or is it on sale currently somewhere? (I want to get it for the PS4 at some point).

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                          Did you get it 2nd-hand or is it on sale currently somewhere? (I want to get it for the PS4 at some point).
                          I was lucky enough to get it from Amazon warehouse, but it was the last one

Comment

Wow this is like an Arnie action blockbuster so intense and so much actions and things blowing up and bodies flying everywhere, so intense. Looks stunning too

Comment

I've been enjoying a second play through. I bought the infinite pistol which is ace for smashing through the popcornbies, saving pistol ammo for the fully upgraded regular pistol. I'm not a speed-run kind of guy but it does feel good to plough through a second time.

Comment

Working...
                              X