• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is "healing item" sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
      I think it is "healing item" sorry!
      That’s me liking, the fact that you replied... not what you was actually telling me...

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
        Is the achievement for not using a health spray in this game? As I remember that being a criterion in a previous game. I have stopped briefly on finishing this as I did not want the magic to end so soon. But I have not used a health spray in my current first run through the game.

i am just after the part where Tyrell (I think that is his name) meets his demise

so I think I am close...

Yup theres an achievent for that Theres one for not going in the item box too, my nemesis lol as i struggle to figure out what order to do stuff in to maximise the inventory. However when the shop unlocks theres stuff in there that will make it a lot easier to do, i love this shop its gonna add a lot of replay fun.
        Last edited by importaku; 06-04-2020, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Yup theres an achievent for that Theres one for not going in the item box too, my nemesis lol as i struggle to figure out what order to do stuff in to maximise the inventory. However when the shop unlocks theres stuff in there that will make it a lot easier to do, i love this shop its gonna add a lot of replay fun.
          Agree with that, the shop makes different runs possible but I will say that my first Hardcore run no

infinite weapons

was great, for me I think it should be the standard difficulty because it was still a thrill ride but it was TENSE as Hell.

Comment

Platinum Get.

Turns out I did love it enough but it is a wholly different experience to RE2, covering that point for the last time, that was a slow burn with a few flabby parts in the run time but overall, an amazing horror experience.

RE3 is not a horror game, it is an action game in horror game clothing with a streamlined run time and no flab (no meat depending on your perspective if you were going to be negative) but because of that I replayed it 5 times back to back and loved every minute of it.

I think if you wanted to challenge yourself you could be reserved with the

item shop

for any runs on the harder difficulties but you would simply not be able to get the Platinum trophy without the

infinite rocket launcher

Capcom have been, for me, the absolute masters of this generation. RE7 is the definitive VR game. RE2 and RE3 are the definitive demonstrations of how to do a remake. DMC5 is the definitive resurrection of an old franchise and I just downloaded Monster Hunter World for the price of 2 pints (when you were allowed out to buy pints).

Comment

Currently on mt 2nd run and going through on hardcore i did manage to get the inf ammo weapons unlocked but that took the majority of my points as i maxed out all the kill something with a certain weapon so many times to get the most points but now i have to mop up the lesser ones to get the remaining points to buy the rest i hope that theres enough points given to buy everything or i'm gonna be peeved.

Without this post game unlockable stuff it wouldn't have gone down so well with me but with it the game can be played in different ways still have to try out a couple of the new weapons i'm saving those for a further playthrough. Using the inf rocket launcher to rob that nemesis of his cases as i need the weapon parts for a trophy. Before when i saw him i used to freak but now it's like bitch you gonna get robbed

Comment

You get points for completing the achievement / trophy lists which did the trick for me!

Comment

Just started a nightmare run oh my god this is hillarious LOL it took 7 attempts just to get past the first zombie they almost flying tackle you and one bite is pretty much death i'm gonna have to learn to dodge like a ninja. Shooting them with the regular gun does **** soon as i got to the first item box that inf rocket launcher came out but even something as powerful as that isn't going to totally protect me as the dogs move FAST and apparently in this mode nemesis moves even faster so it's going to be erm interesting. I love how all the items and zombies are now in different positions i'm totally on edge going around every corner.

The most horrifying part is according to the trophies theres another mode called
                  , i can only imagine what delights that one makes you suffer. On the plus side there is plenty of replayability here for the people who havent just one and done and then bitched about nothing to do.
                  Last edited by importaku; 09-04-2020, 22:09.

Comment

I thought Nightmare started out fantastic, the first few areas have like 5x the amount of zombies and items were mostly in different locations, but it seems later on in the run they stopped trying to change things so much? apart from a few pale zombies and hunters a little earlier than when they appear in hardcore, not much else really changed. I liked that you could unlock cool items and actually use them to get other challenges done, or get better ranks. After the first proper run I like to replay these games for funsies and infinite ammo weapons are great for that. Did notice they have put in some 'anti cheat weapon' boss tech though like

the final boss spitting loads of acid at you if you pop the orange growths all at once with the rocket launcher

Comment

Cool to read people’s impressions.

I’m about halfway through my first run and really enjoying it. It’s definitely a more lightweight game than Resi 2, with much more linearity. I don’t love it as much, and its origins as a side story that was pushed to market fairly quickly definitely show through. My biggest criticism would be that Nemesis, for me, is not as good as Mr X. Even though he’s supposedly the star of the show, because he’s scripted rather than AI driven, I feel he’s less of an intimidating presence.

That said, it’s still a ton of fun, and a great companion piece to RE 2. They did such a fantastic job with that game in terms of how it feels to play, and all of that fine work carries over here. It’s one that’s ‘for the fans’ - but I am a fan, so that’s cool with me ��

Definitely looking to running it through again at a faster pace and trying out some of the new modes etc which unlock!

Comment

Yeah nemesis isn't messing with you as much as X did although i'm wondering just how frustrating it would have made it if nemesis had been on your ass all the way through the game like he is at the beginning? In the open streets he is just about manageable but in tight corridoors it would be pretty unfair especially at how fast he is and that tentacle of his grabbing youall the time.

Considering i paid full whack for this i personally haven't come away feeling ripped off or disappointed it's been very enjoyable but people really need to start playing their games more as this "one & done culture" is toxic. The masses see gaming as some disposable thing where you consume & move onto the next thing which is why a lot of the net have crapped on this game yes it's short but even through your first attempt it's gonna take a while only once you know the route and have unlocked some fun items does the playtime come right down but then again i'm not super good at these games so i rarely blaze through them, it was designed to be replayed to refine your playthrough and enjoy the atmosphere as you go for the achievements to unlock art and other stuff. I never understood this must rush & then get rid mentallity, when i buy a game it's like with films & books i enjoy going back to them many times to enjoy the story again & again but now the mass market has been conditioned to play once then sell and move on they all seem to be in a rush for some reason. Capcom could have easily not added anything to unlock and made it a disposable experience and it would have been a lot worse for it, they want you to replay & enjoy yourself which is why they included all these extra things for you to unlock.

And saying that my progress has ground to a halt as that last boss is destroying me hard lol, i am still tryiing to learn it's attack pattern as in nightmare if you get hit you can pretty much forget getting up. The dodging seems to be my flaw as there's so many tentacles flailing about that i keep missing which is about to pound me till it's too late, i'll get there eventually (i hope)

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Yeah nemesis isn't messing with you as much as X did although i'm wondering just how frustrating it would have made it if nemesis had been on your ass all the way through the game like he is at the beginning? In the open streets he is just about manageable but in tight corridoors it would be pretty unfair especially at how fast he is and that tentacle of his grabbing youall the time.
                          Yeah, it definitely wouldn't have worked to have Nemesis work in this game like X does in RE2. This game takes a different, more linear approach, and Nemesis is designed accordingly, which makes sense.

I think the response to this game has been pretty positive overall. Where there are complaints about length, I would say that I think Capcom set the bar extremely high last year, and that they also had a better base game to work from. I think that to hit those heights with this, the game would have needed more content adding to it. They kinda did the reverse instead, taking away the decisions that existed in the original. It would have been nice to have seen those preserved and perhaps the complexity of the game increased slightly - perhaps even a separate scenario to play through, as with RE2.

Still really like the game though, don't get me wrong. But I reckon with another year's development this could've gone from an eight out of ten (for me) to a ten.

EDIT: Just noticed the poll choices!

Comment

@importaku if you miss the first dodge of a three strike you are a GONER. On your Inferno run you'll want to save your last save for just before that boss if you are doing the S-Rank!

EDIT: Poll may be my best effort yet.
                            Last edited by ItsThere; 14-04-2020, 08:56.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                              @importaku if you miss the first dodge of a three strike you are a GONER. On your Inferno run you'll want to save your last save for just before that boss if you are doing the S-Rank!

EDIT: Poll may be my best effort yet.
                              Yeah thats so true, makes it a bit of a pain as you have to restart in the save room and go through all the motions & cutscene again, run down the side to trigger the cutscene then grab the rail gun & wait then instantly screw up and have to try again as i dodged a bit early too and the timing means i get smushed into jill pate. Doesn't help that the sneaky bugger does side swipes too, furthest i have gotten is 2 out of the 3 power cells plugged back in but that one on the far right thats right next to him i never want to go near as it's way too close.

Comment

I always enjoyed RE3 more than the reception it often recieved and remember it being a more action heavy version of RE2 but despite it also using a single location heavily this remake really exposes how small scale a project the game is. It feels like most of the game takes place wihtin three streets of Raccoon City before switching to fairly simple small, less interesting locale's and even then wrapping up quickly. I enjoyed going through it but it's more like an RE2 chaser to wash down. Good but not in the same class.

Comment

Working...
                                X