• Show
Clear All

Retro|Spective 128: Jet Moto

History in Games:
    1996 - Jet Moto
    1997 - Jet Moto 2
    1999 - Jet Moto 3

Overview:
    One of the earliest racing series on Sony's PlayStation platform was Jet Moto, racing with hoverbikes over a series of courses using a magnetic hook to take sharp corners in a slingshot maneuver. The series enjoyed three installments and had two further failed attempts to progress the series that never made it to market. Despite not making it beyond the first generation of console, the games have seen rerelease as part of the PS1 classics range on PSN.

Did you play the series and do you miss it?

I never played the third game as far as memory serves me, I remember the first and second though and for some reason I remember the second game didn't stick with me that great. I have fairly fond memories of the first game though. I can see why Sony walked away from it as with Wipeout they really didn't need Jet Moto but generally speaking the concept of the series was fun enough.

Comment

I had no idea it got more than one game.

Comment

For some reason, I don't remember this series at all.

Comment

This is one of those series I always here about but never actually played or even knew about back in the day. I do like my racers though and will be giving it a go.

Comment

I'm another who never played this. It's kinda like Jumping Flash for me, something I never actually heard about till years later. It looks pretty fun though - I think it's definitely a game I would've enjoyed.

Comment

I still remember Rich Henderson off Games World saying this was best game ever . I did enjoy it and it was a nice game, but no Wave Rave 64

Comment

Working...
              X