The Lockdown, Up-skill, Tear-down, Catch-up and Refurb Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
    Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. Are you getting any help? That's too much for one person to deal with alone.
    Probation are attempting to be somewhat useful, but other than that, I literally have no one. I'll find out this coming week if I can qualify for furlough through my last employer. I got made redundant when the company were making cuts due to the impact of Covid. My biggest issue is missing my daughter, as before this the longest I'd gone without seeing her was 2 weeks when her and my ex went on holiday, but I've not even seen a photo of her since June, which is absolutely killing me.

Comment

"What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach."

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
        Probation are attempting to be somewhat useful, but other than that, I literally have no one. I'll find out this coming week if I can qualify for furlough through my last employer. I got made redundant when the company were making cuts due to the impact of Covid. My biggest issue is missing my daughter, as before this the longest I'd gone without seeing her was 2 weeks when her and my ex went on holiday, but I've not even seen a photo of her since June, which is absolutely killing me.
        Sorry to hear that man, hope you can get things back on track and the furlough works out. You should really speak with you doctor about the booze and suicide if you haven't already.

Comment

Oh ****, sorry to hear that [MENTION=2206]MonkeyJuggleDX[/MENTION]. What caused the breakup? Lockdown? Or the use of alcohol to cope with lockdown?

Comment

Sorry to hear all of this.
            As others have said, seek help - both for yourself and your right to see your daughter.

Openly admitting you have problems is a big step in the right direction.
            Try keeping that momentum and we're all on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              Update: 3 1/4 stone off now.

At the stage where I had to put another hole in my belt buckle as without it my jeans and trousers fall down.

Half a stone to go to reach my target weight and then I can start working on toning up a few areas.
              Nice one! Keep with it. I lost 10kg (1.5 stone) but that was over the course of a year.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                That's so ****ty but man, get off the booze. I went there myself a year back. Really ****s things up. Yeah, the time of feeling drunk isn't so bad but after that....

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Update: 3 1/4 stone off now.

At the stage where I had to put another hole in my belt buckle as without it my jeans and trousers fall down.

Half a stone to go to reach my target weight and then I can start working on toning up a few areas.
                  That's a hell of an achievement. I've lost 9-10lbs since Sept, but I've just put it down to a third child being some sort of tipping point

Comment

I've lost about a stone with a combination of the Keto Diet and Couch to 5K.
                    Couch to 5K is brilliant, if anyone is contemplating trying it.

Comment

The pandemic has proven a blessing in disguise for me. That's not to overlook the lives it has taken or devastation it has wrought upon families, but, personally, putting the financial impact aside, actually, no, largely because of how it's affected me financially, I've adopted a simpler, more satisfying lifestyle and feel happier for it.

Not being able to go to work presented me with an abundance of that most precious thing - time - and I put it to good use. Spending more time in the company of friends and family, I learned to appreciate them more, especially my elderly mother who I see regularly because she requires a degree of care and assistance in her daily life. I've been exercising more, drinking less, stopped smoking dope, learned to play the harmonica, started meditating, read many books I wanted to for years but never made time for. I started going on daily long walks and paying attention and being appreciative to the sounds and sights around me. The food shortages in the supermarkets was a catalyst that got me learning how to make things from scratch. For the first time in my life I started brewing ginger beer, fermenting my own yogurt, making fudge, baking bread and cakes and biscuits, making soups. I even started a vegetable patch in the back garden - although sadly I'm not blessed with green fingers and growing stuff is a great deal more precarious than I imagined.

Perhaps the pandemic's greatest gift is it's led me to the understanding that I don't need to work as hard or as long as I was. I don't need to work all day to make a lot of money because I don't need many material things to be happy, indeed I've come to realise that buying so many things was a reaction to feeling unsatisfied in life, a way of compensating myself for all the boring time spent at work, a vain attempt to treat the symptoms rather than get to the root of the problem. It's been an eye-opener. A life changer. I'm very grateful for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X