The Lockdown, Up-skill, Tear-down, Catch-up and Refurb Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    Sounds awesome! I had the re-release of the Rough Rider, the Buggy Champ, and I also had the Super Champ version with the bottle of shock oil on the back.
    It was, oddly I became fascinated with the Tamiya cars after a lad at school knew someone who got one of the higher end ones with the oil filled shock absorbers.

Had to wait until I'd left school and working though before I could get one, the Sand Rover cost me £39.99 and the Acoms controller was the same price.
    The higher spec ones with the oil shocks were £79.99.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      Managed to roll and remove the 5m X 3.5m AstroTurf from the back garden and replace with 30+ rolls of actual turf. Feels nice to walk on proper grass.
      Arrghh! Don't walk on it right away! Unless you're trimming it. It needs a few weeks to take root.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
        It was, oddly I became fascinated with the Tamiya cars after a lad at school knew someone who got one of the higher end ones with the oil filled shock absorbers.

Had to wait until I'd left school and working though before I could get one, the Sand Rover cost me £39.99 and the Acoms controller was the same price.
        The higher spec ones with the oil shocks were £79.99.
        I bet that was the proper square box acoms too!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          I bet that was the proper square box acoms too!
          Yep certainly was, you know your stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
            Yep certainly was, you know your stuff!
            You sure did blaze a trail for us old timer

Comment

I joined Noom. I've been watching what I eat over the past few weeks. Coupled with loads of walking, DIY, gardening and the heat I have lost just over a stone!!

I'm super happy. Still a ways to go and I've no doubt that it is going to get harder but I'm determined this time what with baby number 3 due imminently.

Comment

I'm still doing Ring Fit most days.

Comment

Finally got my ass back to the gym last week. I feel so much better already.
                  Got a stack of wood effect floor tiles to do throughout the kitchen and hallway. I'm not looking forward to it really. I don't like tiling and these are really big tiles.

Comment

Well then, this is the end of my furlough journey.

Back at work tomorrow with no PPE provided by the business yet but the expectation that I go out and do site visits so need to go and buy some more masks today.

I've accomplished a fair bit despite at times the whole thing feeling like a dry run for retirement!

The house is in better shape than when we moved in a little over a year ago and I feel it's at a good place to welcome the arrival of "teddy". All rooms except bathroom, kitchen and rear extension have been decorated. The fourth bedroom still needs to be carpeted and the hall / kitchen need new vinyl but that's due to happen in the next fortnight.

There's a longer term plan to move the boiler downstairs or into the airing cupboard but at the moment we can't afford that.

Double glazing has been replaced as they were 20+ years old and not energy rated at all. The old frames practically fell out before the new ones are put in!!

Garden is in good shape - the framework of a nice space is there - just a few panels and the decking to paint as well as the raised beds to plant. The fresh turf has really taken thanks to the rain over the past few days!

I've always been a big guy but I now weigh less than I have done since I got married back in 2013. Weigh in this morning was 108KGs which is still massively overweight but considering when I started I was tipping almost 116KGs I'm filled with positive energy that I can keep going and get down to my target of 92KGs (14.5 stone). This would still make me overweight but if I can get there then I can push to get into the "healthy weight" bracket.

So yeah, filled with pride at what I've accomplished and apprehension at what's to come. The worry of another lockdown if things get really bad and the fact there won't be another furlough scheme to protect workers is going to play on my mind over the coming weeks for sure.

Comment

Trying my hand at whittling. First thing I want to carve is a small wooden spoon. I've got the outline and I'm slowly making my way around it.

Comment

So, not truly lockdown related but it's when I started - I've lost 2 stone in the last 2 1/2 months.

Eating less junk, walking loads and all that decorating / gardening too.

Feeling pretty good physically - certainly my back has been giving me less problems.

Comment

Update: 3 1/4 stone off now.

At the stage where I had to put another hole in my belt buckle as without it my jeans and trousers fall down.

Half a stone to go to reach my target weight and then I can start working on toning up a few areas.

Comment

That's excellent, mate! I've shifted a bit, but much more to do with my diet.

I've not lost very much weight (about 3 kilos), but I have dropped about 12% bodyfat and got a pretty good exercise habit.

Comment

So far this year I've managed to.....

Decimate my relationship with my now ex partner and my daughter.
                              Become alcohol dependent.
                              Lose nearly 20kg.
                              Lose my job.
                              Get massively in debt due to drunken credit card spending.
                              Unsuccessfully attempt suicide twice.
                              Narrowly avoid a jail sentence.

I just wish 2020 would do one.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                                So far this year I've managed to.....

Decimate my relationship with my now ex partner and my daughter.
                                Become alcohol dependent.
                                Lose nearly 20kg.
                                Lose my job.
                                Get massively in debt due to drunken credit card spending.
                                Unsuccessfully attempt suicide twice.
                                Narrowly avoid a jail sentence.

I just wish 2020 would do one.
                                Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. Are you getting any help? That's too much for one person to deal with alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X