No announcement yet.

The Lockdown, Up-skill, Tear-down, Catch-up and Refurb Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my brother & dad round this afternoon & managed my only bit of manly garden work since we moved in & replaced some fence panels

Old crap out

New panels in

Pleased with them
    Now to order all the crap for the decking

Neil

Comment

So after the new fence panels on Sunday the work on the decking began today
      Well when I say work started what I mean is my neighbour who's a Carpenter & one of his mates started on my decking
      Today was just starting the holes to set the bricks & clearing some shiz

More to come as they get it started

Neil

Comment

Oh [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] I've got loads of rotten old decking wood if you want it.
        Last edited by teddymeow; 24-06-2020, 18:04.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          Oh [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] I've got loads of rotten old decking wood if you want it.
          Ha ha I did see you mention that the other day & wondered if I should hit you up for some extra just in case

Neil

Comment

Replaced the sealant on my bath and it was... a learning experience. Removing the old sealant was a nightmare the first time round and I ****ed up adding the new sealant. Had another go today, taking off yesterdays botched attempt and adding a new layer corrrectly (I hope) today.

Home DIY and maintance has an almost romantic notion until I start putting in the work. Then I just want to pay someone to do it for me

Comment

I've just ordered an RC car to build with my son.
              Could be a costly dust-gatherer or an amazing bonding experience.
              Worth a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                Replaced the sealant on my bath and it was... a learning experience. Removing the old sealant was a nightmare the first time round and I ****ed up adding the new sealant. Had another go today, taking off yesterdays botched attempt and adding a new layer corrrectly (I hope) today.
                That's an utter slag of a job until you get the hang of it. Keep a spoon handy, helps scoop excess gunk to a nice curve!

Comment

You can actually get a sealant remover. It's like a plastic pointy thing. I've got one. Makes it easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                    That's an utter slag of a job until you get the hang of it. Keep a spoon handy, helps scoop excess gunk to a nice curve!
                    By the end of it I'd used a stanley knife, spoon and flathead screwdriver. I wasted so much sealant but I think I'd do a better job next time.

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    You can actually get a sealant remover. It's like a plastic pointy thing. I've got one. Makes it easier.
                    I'll be adding that to the shopping basket next time that case

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Worth a punt.

Comment

"Wild Willy"?! as opposed to, what, "Tame Todger"?!

Comment

Worth a punt.

Comment

Awesome. I built that with my old man when I was about 11 (although then it was just Wild Willy and not Wild Willy 2). They can take one hell of a battering, excellent suspension for jumps and go like **** off a shovel. But beware they're so compact and the turn is so tight that it's very difficult not to roll them when cornering at speed.

Comment

I'm still doing Ring Fit, though I'd be lying if I said I stuck to every single day.

I'm pretty sure I've still gained weight during the pandemic, due to working from home and, honestly, some degree of comfort-eating due to how crap everything is. That being said, you have to reflect on how much you might've gained if you hadn't done any exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                                I've used a tissue wrapped around my finger to do that before. But I was also sealing up gaps in the kitchen to hold back a flood of cockroaches at the time!

Comment

Working...
                                X