No announcement yet.

The Lockdown, Up-skill, Tear-down, Catch-up and Refurb Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plaster finally fully dry so painted the fourth bedroom this week along with the landing, stairs and hall. Still magnolia but looks so much brighter and cleaner.

Another couple of trips to the tip to get rid of excess decking wood and loads of other tat.

Spent 4 hours this morning removing wooden gravel boards in the back garden and replacing them with concrete ones. Managed to finish before a torrential rain storm.

Feeling a little better as I've kept busy. Next week is going to be mostly garden based provided the weather holds. Cleaning decking, painting it and the fence. Building the raised beds out of old scaffolding boards.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I've just ordered an RC car to build with my son.
      Could be a costly dust-gatherer or an amazing bonding experience.
      Worth a punt.

Comment

Excellent! Top class willy pics, QC!

Comment

Loving that [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] ... that's a great thing to do with your son. I always wanted a Tamiya RC car when I was a kid, looking at them in Littlewoods catalogue every year.

Comment

Dug a Triffid out of the front garden on Monday. Took almost two hours to get under the roots to get it up and out.

I thought I'd won. I was wrong. My back is now in absolute agony and I've taken to dosing up on my wife's old painkillers she was given when she had her tonsils out two years ago.

Can't stop though, was told we could start being called back to work next week and I've got a fence and decking to paint still.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Loving that @QualityChimp ... that's a great thing to do with your son. I always wanted a Tamiya RC car when I was a kid, looking at them in Littlewoods catalogue every year.
              Yeah, me too!

Definitely a bit of nostalgia for me too, but it was really important that we built it together.
              He learned to cleanly clip the parts out and put it together and see how it worked as it went together.
              Infuriating at times, but he really enjoyed it and loves driving it around.
              He particularly enjoyed painting the driver!

Comment

Yeah, me too!

Definitely a bit of nostalgia for me too, but it was really important that we built it together.
                He learned to cleanly clip the parts out and put it together and see how it worked as it went together.
                Infuriating at times, but he really enjoyed it and loves driving it around.
                He particularly enjoyed painting the driver!
                As the forum Tamiya fanboy, I regret to inform you that all your tire treads are the wrong way round

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                  As the forum Tamiya fanboy, I regret to inform you that all your tire treads are the wrong way round
                  I wondered why it was going backwards!

Ha, no I've sorted it, but got no newer pics.

Comment

Wheely anal, aren't you Pebble?

Comment

Been busy this week!

Managed to roll and remove the 5m X 3.5m AstroTurf from the back garden and replace with 30+ rolls of actual turf. Feels nice to walk on proper grass.

Built 2 raised beds out of old scaffolding boards on Wednesday which was fun. Just need to paint them, the decking and a few fence panels and, from a layout perspective, the back garden is finished. Just decorations to sort so it looks nice to hang out in.

Double glazing being changed next week.

Started using Noom a couple of weeks ago and, if my scales are to be believed, I've lost 4.2kgs (2/3 of a stone already). All the gardening, lifting stuff and extra walking is certainly helping with that. Still have 3 stone to go though!!

Comment

Good work all round, Teddy!

Comment

Painted some more fence panels today. Difficult in the heat!!

Comment

Got back from two nights in Filey, earlier. Never thought it would happen, was expecting a lockdown announcement earlier this week and was very surprised we actually got to go...it's prob gonna be my only getaway of 2020 so I'm pretty stoked it all worked out amidst the chaos.

Great time, had fish n' chips thrice and ALL were gorgeous, I ate EVERYTHING. Love Filey. It's small, compact and nice. And the VIEW across the sea...!

Comment

Brill QC, brill, brings back some great memories.
                              I used to have one of these, bought probably around release in 1981 or 1982;
                              Tamiya 58024 Sand Rover - Here are pictures from a Tamiya 58024 Sand Rover Box. The front of the box shows an accurate image of the model. The classic "x-ray" view shows some nice details. - Tamiya Box Art database with colour images of Tamiya RC boxes

I replaced the 380 motor with a 540 and also shoehorned some tyres from the VW Sand Scorcher;
                              Tamiya - 58016 - Sand Scorcher - The Sand Scorcher... Possibly the most iconic RC model ever. For Tamiya the trick was to use the durable chassis from the Rough Rider and add an already iconic body; the Beetle. Some new wheels were added as well as styling inspired by the American desert racers from the 70's. Tamiya had made a winner.

By the way that Tamiyabase website is the dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                                Brill QC, brill, brings back some great memories.

I used to have one of these, bought probably around release in 1981 or 1982;
                                Tamiya 58024 Sand Rover - Here are pictures from a Tamiya 58024 Sand Rover Box. The front of the box shows an accurate image of the model. The classic "x-ray" view shows some nice details. - Tamiya Box Art database with colour images of Tamiya RC boxes

I replaced the 380 motor with a 540 and also shoehorned some tyres from the VW Sand Scorcher;
                                Tamiya - 58016 - Sand Scorcher - The Sand Scorcher... Possibly the most iconic RC model ever. For Tamiya the trick was to use the durable chassis from the Rough Rider and add an already iconic body; the Beetle. Some new wheels were added as well as styling inspired by the American desert racers from the 70's. Tamiya had made a winner.

By the way that Tamiyabase website is the dogs.
                                Sounds awesome! I had the re-release of the Rough Rider, the Buggy Champ, and I also had the Super Champ version with the bottle of shock oil on the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X