Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on Beat Bullet last night it’s a proper gem with such variety across the levels. And after the inevitable patch back on Gears 5. Still enjoying it but it could be paced a little better at times with for my tastes too much dead time.

Comment

Weekend Line Up:

Nintendo 3DS
      Now on World 6 of Super Monkey Ball 3D

Nintendo Switch
      Dabbling with Let's Go Pikachu but so far it feels pretty redundant having done Sword

PlayStation 3

Still idle, waiting for me to return to Black Ops

PlayStation 4
      Anxiously seeing if The Last of Us Part II makes a better impression than Part I

PC
      Dipping in several things but getting a strong focus too this weekend as space is needed on the HDD

Comment

FINALLY in the mood for DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION. It's a game I've owned five or six times on 360 and PS3 and I've always started it and quite liked it but have always given it away five or six times.

Anyhow, Eidos stuff is dirt cheap in Xbox sales and this was, frankly, absolute peanuts for the whole thing (all DLC but it's not the DC version). Not only that, it's digital so I can't give it away this time.

It's fab playing it on XB1. It's also quite tough to begin with. I'm very early on, where you go through the factory and end up in the officey bit (the bit I usually leave it at then meander towards other games) but I'm really enjoying it this time, I'm just playing it as a total killer who's quite polite yet horrible to tw@s. Pritchard's a good example.

Anyway, I'm not pussyfooting about this time around. Last time I was scared of losing out on missions by offing NPCs. But not this time. Everyone dies. Everyone.

I've tried to jump straight to Mankind Divided but every time I play it I feel like I've missed out on playing this when it really is such an epic game.

I'm glad it's finally clicked. I'm loving it. Only thing that's causing a bit of unrest is online chat about certain, frustrating boss battles that haven't occurred for me yet but lie in wait, ominously.

As I'm playing the OG version, does anyone have any ideas what are the best augs to get before I face these annoying bosses? Just to ease frustration. As it's about the seventh time I've tried to get into it, I really wanna manage that feat this time!!!

Comment

Zelda BotW

Wife has started going into the office some days so I've been taking the Switch to work and PLAYING ON THE TRAIN.

It's lovely. A few days ago I was telling my wife how I wanted to just play it forever. But the next day I just wanted it to be over. I want to finish it and play something else, like Horizon.

Comment

More Human Revolution. I'm stuck on the cardboard boxes. OCD stuck. Gotta smash 'em all. Am finding myself unhappy to leave areas unless all boxes have been busted.

Bustin' makes me feel good.

Comment

Harris In

Comment

Zelda BOTW

I really want to just finish this. I'm worried I'll lament all the things I missed. There are parts of the map I haven't even looked at, yet. I saw a spiral island yesterday that I've never set foot on.

So I've devised a plan: I'm in Hyrule Castle now and I'm going to just finish the game and watch the ending. Then I can just watch my wife playing it to see other stuff. I'm now ahead of her in the game so she doesn't come in the room when I'm playing for fear of spoilers.

I'm enjoying how cocky I am - like I'm going to just beat Ganon on my first try. Maybe I will?

Comment

It probably depends on a lot of factors but it’s doable. There’s just one frustrating bit...

Comment

Saw Minecraft was £3 on Xbone, so played that with my son for a while.
                    I love any game we can play together.
                    It rebuilt a world I was playing on 360 and took us ages to find each other!

Other than that, I installed Titatanfall 2, which I bought for about £1.97, but didn't play it as it took to long to install.

Played some more Metal Gear Solid 3. I'm a bit bored with it, tbh, and want it to wind up, if I'm honest with myself.

Did some more of The Forest. Mammoth late night session on Friday and we got to the end of the game, but it's all behind a locked door, so a bit more exploring is required. Bloody tough to get there and when we reload, all the enemies will respawn.
                    Dipped into some other people's games, which was intriguing.
                    First game was great - helped the players out loads, gave them weapons and built zip wires to transport us and logs around and got a friend request.
                    Second, I never saw anyone.
                    Third, I found the other players, they killed me and they quit out (there's a "friends only" option they ignored!). Would have loved getting revenge...
                    Fourth game seemed to be on creative mode with one guy magicking up logs, sticks and stones from nowhere. That took the thrill out for me, so went to bed.

Bloody brilliant game, though. Like a scary Minecraft.

Comment

I finished Bioshock on the Switch. Plays great on the system and it's a good game. A classic for a reason, I guess, although I find it gets a little less interesting as it goes on and the final boss feels at odds with the feel of the rest of the game.

Started Bioshock 2 and, in my view, this game is better in almost every way. Obviously it has the original to build on and improve. It looks gorgeous, with beautiful colours and the decay they add to Rapture really adds so much character and life to it. And there are lots of little gameplay improvements, like being able to use EVE hypos while firing a weapon rather than it interrupting the action like in the original. Feels like there is more to explore while also keeping aims and mechanics clear. It's good.

Comment

My problem with Bioshock 2 was the plot of the game and its predecessor was saying about how everybody using the EVE hypos went nuts and homicidal.
                        Great, better say no, kids.
                        "Inject the fire/ice/electricity hypo to get past this obstacle!"
                        You said drugs were bad, m'kay, but you're making me become a junkie to continue!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          My problem with Bioshock 2 was the plot of the game and its predecessor was saying about how everybody using the EVE hypos went nuts and homicidal.
                          Great, better say no, kids.
                          "Inject the fire/ice/electricity hypo to get past this obstacle!"
                          You said drugs were bad, m'kay, but you're making me become a junkie to continue!
                          Yeah, you're not wrong. I obviously don't let my kids play it but my eldest saw me playing it for a little bit and asked me about the story and pretty much said exactly that. She thought it would be a big part of the story. "So you'll go nuts too, right?" Well, no because... well, I don't know why. That said, it could probably be explained away because both the main characters of the game are essentially manufactured by those who also manufacture other beings who harvest and protect the EVE so there is some in-game lore established that could make it fit.

Comment

Yeah, I can't remember it ever being explained away.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Yeah, I can't remember it ever being explained away.
                              Well it wasn't. But what I'm saying is that it might not need to be. In both games, your main character is significantly different from the general population and that alone might make the question itself irrelevant. But I did ask it too.

Comment

I'm not into drugs anyway, so the thought of shooting up about ten minutes in seemed a bit dramatic.
                                There wasn't any gateway EVE reefers or anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X