Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm playing Mad Max after picking it up for £6. What a gem... Really nails the setting with great landscapes and storms. I'm about halfway through playing an hour or so a night... Thank god for xCloud streaming, I can play in bed!

Also started Spec Ops the line... Very early into it but might finish off Max first.

Comment

Friday Round Up:

Nintendo Switch
      Paper Mario: The Origami King and I'm in the lead up to third area now

Nintendo 3DS
      Approaching mid-way into the first dungeon on The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Nintendo WiiU
      About to start Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush

PlayStation 3
      Will progress on Call of Duty: Black Ops one day

PC
      Going to be returning to the lone idle save file in Borderlands 3

Comment

Carrying on with witcher 3. Did about 4 hours today, maybe 5 side quest and exploring. Still never leveled up. I like a slow game but this is just taking the piss slow. I'll still grind along with it.

Comment

BallisticNG on and off.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Knocked 6s off my best time. Plenty of room for improvement. Aiming for a world top 20 time.

Comment

Just been playing Xenocrisis (had no idea it was like Smash TV ) and Demon's Tilt. Both on Gamepass. It's like having a mini arcade full of new games ... few credits here and there, quick game of that. Brilliant stuff.

Comment

Overwatch. Fun.
              Undertale. 2 hours of corny jokes in a dreary gameworld so far. Not quite understanding the praise that has been lavished on it.

Comment

Elite in VR. Pure awesomeness. I’m literally a space pilot (using a hotas too)

Comment

A friend kindly borrowed me FFVII Remake so I got started on that a week ago. At the part before going to the Shinra building which might be the end couple of chapters for this first part of the planned remake.

Graphics, combat, story and characterisation are all great (there are moments for Aerith, Barrett and Tifa that got me emotionally which is a good sign. Cloud becomes less distant as you progress which is good for his character growth as well). It feels great when you have a character use their ability, then switch to another character to pile on the enemy whist having Barrett provide cover fire or Aerith cast a powerful spell from afar. The systems click and that's when this remake is at its best. The boss battles and their musical themes are mostly superb too.

I'm not a big fan of the side quests as they feel like the element of modern gaming that SE has shoved into the remake to lengthen the runtime. Everything else is on point though and as friends havevmentioned it does a great job of bringing the charm and appeal of the original to a modern audience.

Please don't drop the ball with the next one or two parts that are on their way Square Enix. Hopefully we don't have to wait another five years for Part 2 😔
                  Last edited by Paddy; 16-08-2020, 15:15.

Comment

That's the Modern Warfare replay done, now scraping the barrel a bit with games I have that are downloadable and going to restart Alienation. After that, god forbid, I might actually have to buy a game.

Comment

Has anyone played Genesis Alpha One?

Comment

Has anyone played Super Hydorah?

It looks a lot like Nemesis/Gradius. I see it's on sale on the Switch for just under a tenner, but it's also on PS4/Vita cross-buy, but not currently on sale (£16). That seems a better fit for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          First one pal. I’d forgotten how good COD games used to be, they’ve done a nice job with the remaster too.
                          All the iw ones are... if only you cave them a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            All the iw ones are... if only you cave them a chance
                            I’ve probably played most of them, you seem to have it in your head I don’t play any modern games.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              I’ve probably played most of them, you seem to have it in your head I don’t play any modern games.
                              So what Call Of Duty games have you bought and played over the last 13 years?
                              Last edited by Team Andromeda; 17-08-2020, 13:32.

Comment

I've felt a bit lost since finishing Ghost of Tsushima.

The last few days I've played a little Judgment and a little CoD: MW.

Judgment is great but playing it in the evening makes me sleepy as the music and atmosphere of Kamurocho relaxes me too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X