X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    Clicked on this thread this morning.

Was perplexed to see about 4-5 pages of new posts.

“There’s been a lot of gaming!” I thunketh.

Started to read.

Conclusion: Absolute drivel.
    Term Andormeda ader aderp!

Comment

Stay on-topic, please.

Comment

Couldn't resist playing some more Fall Guys, but didn't get further than the 3rd of 4 rounds.
        It's great when you have a good run and tackle all the obstacles right.

It seems to lag out on the egg stealing game, so I called it quits and played a bit more Dead Island.
        There are loads of side missions from survivors and some of them are fairly reasonable like "get medicine or this person will die", but some are ridiculous like get champagne, find my husband, get my necklace and find my teddy bear (from a grown woman).

Comment

Been giving the Switch some love in between Tsushima sessions (they need breaking up or the repetition would burn me out, but it's such a cinematic game I love to go back to it) ... so more Streets of Rage 4 couch co-op (love that this game appeals so much to both me and my son, we make a great team on them mean streets) and the wonderful Link's Awakening.

Comment

Undertale. Now 4 hours into this darling of the indie scene and playing it the pacifist way. Still not getting it. Will someone please tell me what it is I'm missing or doing wrong?

Comment

I've started playing The Golf Club 2019 PGA.
              A really enjoyable game once you get the hang of it. Now I want PGA2K21!

Comment

Played some more Fall Guys, but I was proper ranting at that useless marshmallow mother****ing piece of **** because he couldn't ****ing jump over a ****ing gap with out falling over, the useless marshmallow bastard.

Played a bit more later on with a mate, and it was actually even more fun with mates.

Comment

More BallisticNG.

I'm streaming live now and working on precision laps. Just set a world-class lap record so working on burning that into my brain before heading across to TT.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

edit: New PB. World #21.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 21-08-2020, 23:20.

Comment

I was house/dogs sitting for my folks yesterday and took my Switch round. Played a load of Link's Awakening and what a delight it is. If ever there was a prime example of quality over quantity.

Also, after talking about the Fight Night games recently I fancied a bit of fisticuffs and picked up UFC 4. I know it's not boxing but it's made by the same team as Fight Night and it's the closest thing ... especially as you can build your character as a boxer. The controls are dauntingly complex initially but the campaign handles them really well, taking you through step by step without feeling bloated and unnecessary. By the time you hit the UFC proper you feel genuinely ready. Fight camp is a great idea in the weeks leading to a fight, offering a wide range of ways to spent time and build your character/learn about your opponent/promote the fight etc, and the fights themselves are kind of like a violent chess match, managing stamina, understanding your opponents strengths and using your own game plan ... but also understanding your toolset enough to react quickly and turn situations in the moment. The fight mechanics are satisfying and diverse. It's an enjoyable fighting game. Interestingly the box says 'xbox one x and xbox series x' on it.

Comment

Witcher 3 still... Do I like it?
                      Yep, yes I do. It's taken me longer to get in to then I thought. I think it's because it presents itself as a different game then it actually is.

I'm also playing various retro games. Sonic 3 & Knuckles, some psp games and other bits and bobs.

Comment

I played through A Short Hike this morning and it’s adorable. Cute and wholesome and lovely. A gorgeous short little experience that you can do in a single sitting, although I think there is stuff I missed so worth another run through at some point.

Comment

I've played a lot of Judgment and a little bit of CoD4 MW Remastered.

Comment

Wife finished Zelda BotW and wanted the expansion pack so I bought it and fired up my completed save game.

I haven’t started the new quests but it gives you cool things to make the regular game easier/quicker: a medallion you can put down anywhere and warp back to whenever you want(saves warping to the nearest shrine/tower!); and armour for your horse that lets it warp to you wherever you are(within certain limits).

It has a great feature that plots your past 200 hours on the world map. It shows just how much - or how little - you’ve covered, and you can ff/rw the path or play it back at various speeds. If the playback hits a spot where you died, you hear Link’s falling scream. It’s hilarious/embarrassing when you reach a point where you died loads

But it’s great for me because I tended to warp a lot and take the shortest path from A to B, whereas my wife usually took the scenic route.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                              Started XB360 Assassins Creed II GOTYE.

Never played an Assassins Creed game before as I'd been put off by the hype and disappointing reviews the original game was given once that hype died down. But Assassins Creed II is generally regarded as the best so I thought I'd give it a chance. I actually received it as a present three years ago and its been sitting in the back of a filing cabinet ever since.

I'm impressed, it is at least as good as any of the Ubisoft Prince Of Persia games, in fact the platforming bit I've just done could have come straight from any one of those. But there's much more to it than that in terms of gameplay, in fact in every respect. Whilst combat is basically hack n' slash with a range of moves you don't need or can't use most of the time, its not awful.

But what I really like is the back story and setting: 15th century Italian city states and the families involved in all sorts of nasty subterfuge and corruption, financial, political, religious often resolved with assassination and violence. Its an historical period in Italy I know little about except the basics. I've not checked the history but it feels authentic and that makes it more interesting.

Also looks pretty good too.
                              The Ezio AC games are dope. The recreations of Firenze and Roma are truly magnificent and building an army of assassins in Brotherhood is really great fun.

Comment

I'm not sure how far I am in the game but still enjoying it. The assassin tombs are what I like most, my TR gaming DNA coming out, that and climbing to the viewpoints. Diving off those, sometime hundred foot plus towers, into a hay bail or wagon of leaves never gets old. Running around on the rooftops chasing thieves or being chased by the guards in the beautifully imagined cities is always great fun too.

Its definitely a game that borrows ideas from other games like the aforementioned Prince Of Persia series but there's also a big dose of Fable mixed in too. I think they should have made more of that - in Fable what you do greatly affects how the local population see you. Here they just get upset at the immediate violence, call Ezio a **** for robbing the dead but once you tear down a few posters they forget about it. The annoying troubadours who are always getting in the way and make up songs about Ezio are very like the unwanted admirers in Fable too.

I think a stronger RPG style character development tree and more things to spend your money on to enhance/develop your villa and town would have been a good idea too. As it is simply because the game does not make certain items available until you reach particular locations Ezio has far more money than he can possibly spend. That undermines his motives for taking on missions which end up only paying him a comparatively small amount.

I'd also like to have seen more interaction between Ezio and what remained of his family. Once you get to the villa all his mother does is pray, apparently 24/7 and, not much more. his sister just asks him whether he wants to to see the accounts. His uncle completely disappears despite the villa being his home.

Comment

Working...
                                X