Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got any suggestions for 4-player co-op games where you can hoon around in vehicles, like GTA?
    Does Battlefield 4 let you do that or won't it let you play with just 4 people?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Perfect Dark.
      Haha... Not yet.

Comment

Been playing a game I've been curious about for yonks, ANIMA: GATE OF MEMORIES on XB1. This and its other game (not sure if a big add-on or not yet?) were both in a sale and I finally splurged my splurge and glad I did.

So far it's like a bleak cross between DMC and sorta the Souls series. Looks a bit like DC game or maybe early 360...but is 60fps rock-solid smooth and plays really quick, it's very responsive and compulsive fun, you can just hop straight in.

Check it out if you like this type of thang, I know I do.

Comment

Still chipping away at The Hong Kong Massacre. I just do a couple of levels here and there just to get a fix of it. Alongside that I've been replaying Infinite Warfare. A slick but ultimately joyless game. I feel no excitement toward it at all, which is pretty much the same as first time around on release. I may not succeed in fully trudging through it this time though.

Comment

I think it's safe to say Astro Bot is one of my favourite games of all time.
            It feels like they've outMiyamoto'd Miyamoto!

Everything about this game is wonderful.
            There's a sense of wonder, exploration, scale, humour and joy.

Every time you think of something, it feels like the developers have already thought of it.
            Yes, there are invisible walls and not everything is destructible, but usually, if you think of something, they also have and the game interacts with you.

It's beautiful, too. It's cutesy, but it works so well. It doesn't mean they're bad graphics. For example, the water effects are amazing as you squirt your water jet or get splashed. Some surfaces are really detailed like the grain on a wood wall panel or a sheet of glass is transparent, but light can also reflect off it, revealing it's not a smooth surface.

Astro Bot himself is enough of a blank slate to not irritate, but has enough personality to endure you to him.
            Like you'll be looking around for the Chameleon bonus and when you turn back to him, he'll give you a friendly wave.
            Or on the lava level, he'll wave, but he'll panting from the heat.

Brilliant.

Comment

I agree with all of that, an utter joy of a game and a title that will ensure my PSVR never gets sold.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I think it's safe to say Astro Bot is one of my favourite games of all time.
                It feels like they've outMiyamoto'd Miyamoto!

Everything about this game is wonderful.
                There's a sense of wonder, exploration, scale, humour and joy.

Every time you think of something, it feels like the developers have already thought of it.
                Yes, there are invisible walls and not everything is destructible, but usually, if you think of something, they also have and the game interacts with you.

It's beautiful, too. It's cutesy, but it works so well. It doesn't mean they're bad graphics. For example, the water effects are amazing as you squirt your water jet or get splashed. Some surfaces are really detailed like the grain on a wood wall panel or a sheet of glass is transparent, but light can also reflect off it, revealing it's not a smooth surface.

Astro Bot himself is enough of a blank slate to not irritate, but has enough personality to endure you to him.
                Like you'll be looking around for the Chameleon bonus and when you turn back to him, he'll give you a friendly wave.
                Or on the lava level, he'll wave, but he'll panting from the heat.

Brilliant.
                Went round my mates to try it and VR in general, didn’t leave until I completed it. One of the games on the generation.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Went round my mates to try it and VR in general, didn’t leave until I completed it. One of the games on the generation.
                  I'm enthusiastic about games I love but not one for hyperbole, but Astro Bot has been a joy to play and agree that it's a game of the generation and easily one of my favourite games of all time.

Comment

Not much this week to be honest.

Since completing Ghost of Tsushima I've felt in a bit of a funk.

I've downloaded loads of various GamePass games but nothing has really grabbed my attention.

Played a little Judgment but it's something I find difficult to have long sessions on.

Comment

I finished Spider-Man yesterday.

Incredible from start to finish.

Unlike Zelda BOTW with my paltry 35% completion, Spider-Man is at 87% so I'm going to try and 100% it.

Comment

YAKUZA KIWAMI. Switched to 'Brawler' mode and having many less probs.

What a game. Have played the PS2 orig back in 2011 to completion and this somehow feels *exactly* like that did, 'cept is a remake.

It keeps the essence but enhances it slightly but not much and I'm lovin' it in 2020!!!!!

Playing it in bits n' bats. Just got past the 'funeral' bit (very early on, tbh) and have just beaten Shimano for the first time.

But he'll be back. He's a big, horrible dude who needs to be whacked around the head a lot, someone really needs to do that.

I am that man.

Comment

I've been playing Judgement some of the side quests are absolutely hilarious. The twisted trio ones I couldn't stop laughing. I love the sense of fun these games have.

I also finally picked up The Division 2 cheap - I'll probably only SP this for the most part. We shall see.

Comment

At the moment there's a few things dabbling:

Tell Me Why

Two of the three episodes down and to be honest, though it has Life is Strange's polish it's failing to meet the bar by quite a margin. Much has been made of it having a transgender lead which is part of the narrative too but the game is immensely misfocused. The end of each ep has hinted at a mystery that I feel (unless shocked in the finale) is all too obvious what it will be. It's a very small tale game and yet somehow is bloated beyond belief. The game has genuinely made me spend time taking stock taking numbers, sorting house furniture etc. If it needs that much padding in such a short experience it probably wasn't fit for greenlighting. It's intentions are in the right place but this is easily Dontnod's weakest game of this type so far.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
                            I still appreciate that this was an attempt to do something other than a direct sequel to Ocarina and there's some good content to it but it's easily one of the most hard work entries they've done and I can see why I've struggled with in the past, especially thinking back to the clearly inferior N64 version. It's impressive as a 64 title but the time management system sucks the life out of it, I've had to persevere hard this time to ensure I go to the end, I'm now just leading up to the fourth dungeon so getting there but I already know I'd never attempt this one again. Far, far inferior to Ocarina.

Paper Mario: The Origami King
                            On the pre-dungeon quest for the fourth area, it's definitely starting to feel like a cycle of padding has set in as the build ups to the dungeons feel like proper jobsworth tasks.

Hotshot Racing
                            Only had one GP. Need to get used to the steering, love the styling and the courses but unsure of the handling atm.

So yeah, decent progress but hotshots aside mostly games that need to wrap up soon

Comment

Sorry double post
                              Last edited by fallenangle; 07-09-2020, 13:24.

Comment

I did not have any problem with LoZ: MM on the GC. Enjoyed it as much as OoT. Time management issues never dulled it for me.

I'm not a LoZ fan - I find all of them, that I've played, relentlessly and tiresomely childish in presentation and style but like a good kids book even as an adult you have to recognise their sheer quality, depth, imagination and entertainment value. I do and even with those caveats as an adult my inner-child still had great enjoyment playing them because of that.

Almost done with XB360 Assassins Creed II GOTYE. I'm so near to 100% completion, 18 feathers to find and one task, apparently dependent on that, and it'll be 100%, all purchases, assassinations, items, achievement etc done.

Good game but there's a lot that could have been done better or been more polished. For instance after Enzio almost singled handedly fights off the invaders and saves Forli, why when he goes back there and climbs up to the rooftops does he still get shot at even when he's wearing the local colours? Why no significant consequence for accidentally killing civilians, which can often happens during melee fights? If you punch the annoying troubadours who get in Enzio's face you immediately get unwanted notoriety but not killing an innocent. There's lots of stuff like this throughout the game.

Certain aspects of the gameplay just feel like its been added to give the player something else to do and there's a lot of stuff that strongly suggests 'borrowing' ideas from other, better games to pad out the gameplay.

What can not be denied is that the back story is well told and the whole thing is undeniably attractive. Free running on the rooftops of a believable and believably populated medieval city is simply good fun.

However I'm not persuaded to try any of the later games when this is still regarded as the best of the series.
                                Last edited by fallenangle; 07-09-2020, 13:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X