This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a good session on these yesterday with a few beers;

Titanfall 2 multiplayer - still the best MP game out there- just hit G50 - gameplay heaven, fast, slick and adrenaline fuelled.
    Uncharted 4 multiplayer- decent; picked this up from my old save. Very unbalanced at times with pay to win seeping in
    Far Cry New Dawn - enjoying this much more than 5; still a bit clunky but enjoyable
    Wreckfest - nice in small sessions. Love seeing crash damage on cars? then this is for you!
    Doom Eternal - much better than the last one a real hoot with the classic weapon pose and gun sfx. Adrenaline fuelled and teeth clenching

Comment

I've been playing walking by the canal this afternoon which was enjoyable but very warm and draining.

Games-wise I've continued to progress through One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4. Sure its a little repetitive but it hits the spot for a series fan such as myself (nearly at the end of Whole Cake Island now so not much more game left to go).

EDIT: Cleared WCI which included trying to stop Big Mam in her tracks, playing as the Germa 66/Vinsmoke family and a pretty great fight for Luffy vs Katakuri (they have devil fruits with similar abilities but his opponent's more powerful in almost every way). It felt like a challenging battle like it did in the manga/anime so I'm happy it was well-realised here. Now on to Wano (which is pretty much old Japan) and the world's strongest creature, Kaido!

I haven't really played Treasure Battle Mode much yet but it seems to be a good 'what if?' mode where the series characters have battles with each other. I'm still enjoying it as you unlock moves that the characters learn as they progress through the series (Luffy learning his gears and haki abilities, Zoro doing an enhanced version of sanzen sekai, Sanji using Diable Jambe and Sky Walk, etc.)
      Last edited by Paddy; 26-04-2020, 18:14.

Comment

The last few days has been mostly see how much I can drink to make the ****ing misery of life disappear.

So far I'm a crate of corona and a bottle of rum down and I'm still sober.

Guess I'm **** at this game.

Comment

Maybe stay off the drink, FammyDodd?

Comment

Yeah, be kind to yourself, mate.
            Sorry you're struggling.

Comment

Stupid fammydodds

Comment

Hope you get sorted mate. The booze thing is deffo kinda doable, even if it doesn't seem like it is. It is. But I know that will be no consolation right now. All you can do is keep going mate.

Back on track, just took quite a hefty punt on a £7.79 Xbox sale game called DARKWOOD, based on a review that said it was terrifying.

It's gripping. I deffo need a bigger telly, now, this is highly intricate, overhead, almost 2D stuff with lots of tiny details going on.

It's got a mesmerising, oozingly sinister night time atmos, dangerous. It reminds me a bit of how MANHUNT felt. Not many games manage that.

Comment

Quite enjoying Everybody's Golf and the expansion to The Division 2 at the moment in this lockdown. Quite eerie seeing New York shut down on the News and they playing the game with the empty streets
                  Last edited by Team Andromeda; 26-04-2020, 06:57.

Comment

Animal crossing obviously, started playing FFVII for the first time properly on the switch last week (I have attempted 2x and briefly played up to the first reactor in the past on PC and PS1 versions but [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] looked into it and recommended the switch one for convenience.)

Played, well, tried to, play the Beta of Ninjala on the switch last night but during/ after the match the servers were clearly overloaded and it never worked again. [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] got cut off before the end of his match whilst I did surprisingly well running first and just being beat at the end, only to receive some bonus points which put me first which was cool. Certainly enough to attain my interest into getting it in the future as long as the servers work!

Played a little When Ski Lifts Go Wrong today just before heading into work, fun and worth the 70p I got it for.
                    Played PAN-PAN a couple of weeks ago after getting it in a sale, really enjoyed it, would like a sequel.

Comment

This weekend the playlist is:

Nintendo Switch - Animal Crossing: New Horizons
                      Nintendo 3DS - New Super Mario Bros 2
                      PlayStation 3 - Heavenly Sword
                      PlayStation 4 - Final Fantasy VII Remake
                      PC - Moss

Comment

Streets 4.
                        Nier Automata.
                        Civilisation 6.

Finding the latter almost unplayable due to the image stretching beyond the limits of the screen. No matter what settings I alter - on the tv and the console - it won’t correct. All the icons and numbers frame the screen, so I don’t have a clue about things like gold levels. And when you’re playing a resource management game, it’s a bit restrictive.

Comment

It’s all about Streets of Rage 4 this week. Thorougly enjoying it. And a wee bit of Ghost Blade HD too. Oh and Pong on my watch too. It’s a strangely compelling time waster.

Comment

The weekend has been dominated by Streets of Rage 4 (a great scrolling beat-em-up), some playthroughs of Granblue Fantasy Versus' arcade mode and a few rounds on SFV with friends. An enjoyable weekend with minimal frustrations.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                              Animal crossing obviously, started playing FFVII for the first time properly on the switch last week (I have attempted 2x and briefly played up to the first reactor in the past on PC and PS1 versions but [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] looked into it and recommended the switch one for convenience.)

Played, well, tried to, play the Beta of Ninjala on the switch last night but during/ after the match the servers were clearly overloaded and it never worked again. [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] got cut off before the end of his match whilst I did surprisingly well running first and just being beat at the end, only to receive some bonus points which put me first which was cool. Certainly enough to attain my interest into getting it in the future as long as the servers work!

Played a little When Ski Lifts Go Wrong today just before heading into work, fun and worth the 70p I got it for.
                              Played PAN-PAN a couple of weeks ago after getting it in a sale, really enjoyed it, would like a sequel.
                              Have you added your friendcode to the online animal crossing thread?, come join us all we need more connected players.

Comment

I've just started playing Metal Gear Solid V...

I'm in a backlog clearing mood at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X