This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Days Gone.

Clocked about 12 hours on it last week. It's properly got it's claws in.

Comment

Got fed up constantly playing EDF 5, so had a look in my online library to see what I could download for a change of pace. Spotted Iconoclasts, a game I’d loved when I had my Vita but hadn’t realised must’ve been a cross buy. It’s been a long time since I’ve played it so I’ve forgotten pretty much everything about it, but now I’m loving it all over again. Such a great wee game.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Got fed up constantly playing EDF 5, so had a look in my online library to see what I could download for a change of pace. Spotted Iconoclasts, a game I’d loved when I had my Vita but hadn’t realised must’ve been a cross buy. It’s been a long time since I’ve played it so I’ve forgotten pretty much everything about it, but now I’m loving it all over again. Such a great wee game.
        Ssssh, don't let [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] or [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION] here you say such inflammatory things!!

Comment

Banned from the 'Grove.

Comment

The man has no fight in him. All sick burp and no vom.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              The man has no fight in him. All sick burp and no vom.
              Because EDF is the only game you play, right? I must’ve just imagined that SOR4 first play thread.

Comment

Rotated between Forza Horizon 4, Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Animal Crossing New Horizons the past few weeks - it's made the time pass I'll tell you that!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  Because EDF is the only game you play, right? I must’ve just imagined that SOR4 first play thread.
                  Ssssh. Concentrate on vomming.

Comment

Trying to clear current stuff within the next 24 hours saying goodbye to most of this slate hopefully:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Or Nintendo Turnip Simulator 2020 as it should be called

Final Fantasy VII Remake
                    So very nearly done and so much better than I expected

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Refuelled
                    It's fun but truly - it's got nothing on Mario Kart

The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners
                    I won't finish it but what I have played suggests its a good VR game

Comment

Bank Holiday weekend line up is:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
                      Those damned Nooks are still only offering 50-65 bells for Turnips so they better pick it up tomorrow

Kirby Battle Royale
                      Very simple and somewhat repetitive game but it's short, just starting the penultimate cup now

Resident Evil 3 Remake
                      Finally, just about to start it

The Last of Us: Remastered
                      Gonna pick this up again for its final replay to warm to be more and before Part II arrives

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                        Streets 4.
                        Nier Automata.
                        Civilisation 6.

Finding the latter almost unplayable due to the image stretching beyond the limits of the screen. No matter what settings I alter - on the tv and the console - it won’t correct. All the icons and numbers frame the screen, so I don’t have a clue about things like gold levels. And when you’re playing a resource management game, it’s a bit restrictive.
                        Have a look at the back of your TV and try adjusting these:

Comment

^^^ knob twiddler.

Finished the first Uncharted on the Collection today. It was ok. Very last gen.

Gash:
                          - headshots that don’t count as headshots. Haway man, four into one bloke’s head?
                          - terrible final encounter
                          - stupid environmental limitations
                          - the camera angle could be dreadful
                          - those zombie things, straight out of The Descent.
                          - platforming controls didn't feel tight enough. Sometimes the camera caused a straight jump to float 10 degrees off kilter.

Decent stuff:
                          - visuals are still decent
                          - gunplay/cover mechanic are solid enough
                          - story is pacy and appealing
                          - voice acting was ok
                          - setting was neat

Maybe a 6/10 now? There’s too much action for it to be a platforming puzzle adventure, and far too much puzzling platformage for it to be an action game. The balance felt slightly skewed towards the action. I got tired of the vast courtyards where you just knew there would be 10-15 blokes coming out of the woodwork to attack you. And the zombies? Urgh. At one point as they started to clamber out of Nazi pipes into a central room for the 3rd time, Drake says, “Oh no, not this again.” And I couldn’t have agreed more.

I’d have been more forgiving of the dross parts 12 years ago, but not entirely.

Comment

Played a bit of Uncharted 2.

The visuals are better. The structure of the story seems decent.

It still seems hamstrung by lousy design sometimes, though. During the museum heist, in the open courtyard where you’ve got to take out all the guards. It seems totally arbitrary as to whether or not you get seen. Men who didn’t see you taking out another guard suddenly turn Hawkeye and spot you. The guy at the fountain - it seems totally random as to whether or not he sees you.

Of greater stupidity concerns controls. I cleared the area and shimmied to the exit. You have to drop down to a ledge. I pressed the button. Nothing. So I pressed it again. Drake dropped. Then dropped again, falling to his death.

Not my fault. Lag between input and result. It’s ridiculous. As is falling to your death a shorter distance than the game demanded that I jumped safely another time.

There’s definitely a lack of polish in some areas.

Comment

Duh. Initially posted in older thread, I'll just reiterate:

"Currently on XB1 YAKUZA 0. Even on basic XB1 it's hitting 60fps 97% of the time and, tbh, it's a miracle. Lush.

This time last year I never thought I'd be playing this. It was the only exclusive that made me want a PS4 if the truth be told. But now I'm playing it.

What a story. What a cool, cool game."

Comment

I never got into Uncharted 2, btw. Started it about four or five times but found it a bit meh. Maybe it's just me? Liked the new Tomb Raider much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X