• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    EDF 5 100% completion.

A few minutes shy of 452 hours.
    Originally posted by fuse View Post
    What an achievement. Congratulations, pal.
    That's more than an achievement, you should be on the news.

Can you just confirm that it is single player or online. If single player then it's eclipsing my paltry efforts.

Well bloody done.

Comment

Finished Titanfall 2 yesterday.

It was spectacular. Also, I played it on normal difficulty instead of easy like I've been doing recently.

I was wondering what to play next and my wife recommended Horizon (PS4), which she recently finished.

I started playing it and it's great, but I'd rather use the Xbox or Switch so we don't have to take turns on the PS4.

I've been umming and ahhing over Quantum Break recently...

I've also got Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy going on. I started Galaxy for fun last week and it's so good that I'm having trouble going back to Mario 64!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post

It was spectacular. Also, I played it on normal difficulty instead of easy like I've been doing recently.

I was wondering what to play next and my wife recommended Horizon (PS4), which she recently finished.

I started playing it and it's great, but I'd rather use the Xbox or Switch so we don't have to take turns on the PS4.

I've also got Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy going on. I started Galaxy for fun last week and it's so good that I'm having trouble going back to Mario 64!
        It is my ongoing duty to reply to this and state Titanfall 2 has the best FPS campaign of recent memory. I've replayed it recently on Series X and it's still every bit as good as I remember.

If we never get a Titanfall 3 it will be a crime against gaming...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          It is my ongoing duty to reply to this and state Titanfall 2 has the best FPS campaign of recent memory. I've replayed it recently on Series X and it's still every bit as good as I remember.

If we never get a Titanfall 3 it will be a crime against gaming...
          Protocol 4: reply to Titanfall 2 posts

It was glorious. I was giggling when fighting the woman who kept calling me all-manner of B-words, including bugger!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post

Quantum Break is a snorefest, I wouldn't bother. I so wanted to like it, too. But the core gameplay devolves into running around warehouses having mediocre fights and solving puzzles like 'Get the power back on for the elevator'.

Maybe if you can get past that the story is fun enough to redeem it - I'm not sure, I gave up.

Deffo hit pause on Galaxy I reckon - 64 is so rewarding if you push through it.

Comment

Heh, we've become addicted to making race tracks on GTA Online!

Comment

Progear - CPS-II (via. MiSTer)

You know you're in for a rough ride when learning the bullet patterns is the easiest aspect of the game. I can't get my fingers around the gem/rings shot switch scoring mechanics at all. I'm sucking up huge amounts of diamonds, and seemingly playing the first stage perfectly each time, but I'm not seeing anywhere near the scores on the videos I'm watching.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Progear - CPS-II (via. MiSTer)

You know you're in for a rough ride when learning the bullet patterns is the easiest aspect of the game. I can't get my fingers around the gem/rings shot switch scoring mechanics at all. I'm sucking up huge amounts of diamonds, and seemingly playing the first stage perfectly each time, but I'm not seeing anywhere near the scores on the videos I'm watching.
                  It's one I struggled with. It has a strange perspective change mid level were bullets just hang in the air. Its like it was designed vertical and they changed it to horizontal and it had some weird graphical twitches.

Comment

Back on the RESIDENT EVIL 6. About halfway into Jake's final mission, only one more scenario to do after this.

Gotta say Jake's bit is the dullest, so far. I think I got a lot further than I thought, back in about 2013, I must've given up about halfway through his scenario because I remember everything RIGHT up to his Chapter 3. I always think I played it for a few hours back in the day, never realised I'd finished half the game.

Anyway, Jake is dull, cold, boring, a bit of wet fish, Jake the Hake....Jake the Hake who takes the cake for the dullest character - ever - in a Resi game.

I was even really looking forward to his hand-to-hand abilities but you have to squeeze the L trigger and it just doesn't feel as fluid or fun as the satisfying gunplay.

Nah. Naaaaaaah. Jake the Hake strikes again.

Comment

More Disco Elysium. This is one deep game. It's a detective story and detective work has to be done. It's funny at times but it's not a happy experience. The world is oppressive and the characters are flawed. But that gives the experience its edge. Very much enjoying taking my time in the game ... loving it while it lasts instead of racing towards the end. I can honestly say I've never played anything quite like it. Also worth mentioning is it's much slicker after a couple of patches (PS5 ver). Really special game. One to savour.

Comment

DCS got volumetric clouds and a bunch of other stuff plus I just discovered laser guided rockets for the Harrier (and it can carry 28 of them!) so I've been blowing more stuff up in DCS basically. Plus Earthbound (which I posted in the retro what ya been playing).

Comment

Horizon is WICKED.

I’m a couple of hours in and it hasn’t let up.

The script is atrocious, undermining the frankly jaw-dropping facial animation (people’s eyes quiver and occasionally dart around like real eyes) and some occasionally decent voiceover work. I could listen to Teb all day!

I know it’s clichéd, but there are times I can’t believe this is running on a PS4.

One thing I wish it had was motion control for aiming, even as an option. I loved that in BotW. Even so, combat is fun and some of the enemy machines are wonderfully horrific.

Anyway, you probably know it’s free right now on PSN so grab it pronto.

Comment

Back on Resi 6, Ada's bit. Why does this suddenly look twice as gorgeous as the Jake bit? It can't just be Ada's big, sexy arse jutting out at you in shiny leather pants* as you crawl through air vents (which is pretty hamaze).

Nah, it just looks...BETTER...nicer lighting, colours etc. Much better than Jake's bit. Odd.

*so Wong it's wight.

Comment

Just clocked Resi 6, overall it's very fun to play but deffo one of the weaker Resis. Too much padding, there's like twenty Chapters and you'll be replaying a fair few sections that you've already played through.

Might farm some Skill Points for the New Game+ in a bit, gonna head straight to the Resi 3 remake tomorrow night after work before I do that tho.

Comment

Been on a bit of an action horror kick recently. I played through The Evil Within after not finishing it at launch. After that I went back to the Resi 3 Remake. I was really disappointed in it at launch but this time I went trophy hunting since it is a nice, short, well made game. Romped through a few playthroughs on easy to get S ranks and other trophies. I played through DMC5 Special Edition a couple of times recently and it's been fun to play liner games for a change. I love all the big RPG like games at the moment but wish more linear Japanese action games got made.

Comment

Working...
                                X