X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    Horizon is WICKED.

I’m a couple of hours in and it hasn’t let up.

The script is atrocious, undermining the frankly jaw-dropping facial animation (people’s eyes quiver and occasionally dart around like real eyes) and some occasionally decent voiceover work. I could listen to Teb all day!

I know it’s clichéd, but there are times I can’t believe this is running on a PS4.

One thing I wish it had was motion control for aiming, even as an option. I loved that in BotW. Even so, combat is fun and some of the enemy machines are wonderfully horrific.

Anyway, you probably know it’s free right now on PSN so grab it pronto.
    I second this. I have somehow avoided all videos and knowledge if this game so I went in completely blind.
    Its basically Witcher 3 with Robots. And I put in a lot of hours in to Witcher 3. Really enjoying it.

Comment

Played GTA Online with mates on Monday. Exclusively racing.
      We've made more of our own tracks and bookmarked some interesting ones on the Rockstar Social Club website to play later.

There was a stunt track that was so clever, where you car clips the track on jumps so you do really precise flips and land on your wheels. Really impressive.

My daughter asked me to play something with her and she spotted Parappa the Rapper, which I thought would be family fun, then I got to Cheap Cheap the Cooking Chicken and I was close to screaming profanities as I stomped on the pad.

There's something off with the timing on the remaster as pressing on the marker drops you down to awful in a couple of verses.

I watched a video saying you had to press just before, but that failed too.
      In the end, I was getting through the first section by tapping the button before it would let me input on my turn, so you pressed it as soon as possible.
      Still failed by section 4.
      Such a shame as it's a bonkers and fun game ruined by the error on this one level.

"Daddy, do the chicken level. You gotta believe!"

Comment

Same issue with Donkey Konga when I got a flat screen. Basically unplayable unless you're on a CRT that game.

Comment

To be honest I always found Parappa next to impossible, even on a CRT.

Comment

The first few songs are fine, it's just the chicken 🐔 one on the remaster that's borked.

Comment

I've actually had a couple of sessions of Battlefield 4 ; I'm rusty AF but it's still a bloody fantastic game.

Comment

Demon's Tilt - Just bought this in the sale on xbox and it's phenomenal. If you liked anything about Devil Crash then this dials the concept of occult pinball up to a million. The brilliant table design is backed up with a booming soundtrack and screen melting visuals. When it all kicks off it's just gaming heaven, in a hellish way. There are so many worse ways to spend £8 (currently 50% off). Class game.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Demon's Tilt - Just bought this in the sale on xbox and it's phenomenal. If you liked anything about Devil Crash then this dials the concept of occult pinball up to a million. The brilliant table design is backed up with a booming soundtrack and screen melting visuals. When it all kicks off it's just gaming heaven, in a hellish way. There are so many worse ways to spend £8 (currently 50% off). Class game.
                  Yeah fantastic game. It was in game pass last year on both console and pc so I was regularly giving it a bash between work.

Comment

Another fan of Demon’s Tilt here! An awesome homage to the Naxat games.

Comment

Playing Taiko on the Switch, Warzone on PS5. I really need to start working on something on PC but I keep getting distracted by the simple pleasures file management on it

Comment

Just picked up Under Night In-Birth on the Switch. If you like Arc Sys games then this one is another absolute treat. Lovely combo’s are very easy to pull off.

Comment

I'm back into the GBA. So I have been playing FF Tactics and some Advance Wars.

Comment

Demon's Souls remake. It's good to be back in Boletaria but I'd forgotten how grindy the game is compared to the Dark Souls and Bloodbourne.

Comment

Just started Watch Dogs: Legion. I tried with Immortals: Fenyx Rising but whilst I can recognise some of the things it does well I just couldn't stomach an even more soulless version of BOTW than we already have. Legion, well, I'm early in it on PS5 and some things are better but I wish I'd gone with the PC version as it feels rough and frankly the hacking stuff is still rubbish. I'm not sure how long I'll last with it, certainly I've lost a lof of enjoyment for Ubisofts output.

Comment

Yesterday I played Metroid Prime: Federation Force with two friends online. We had previously played a few missions and now made it to Mission 15. I think it's a good game, and would love to see a sequel on Switch. It's certainly not perfect game, but it's enjoyable co-op game. It could do with a little less Samus mentions, it seems like most of the mission briefings mention Samus in one way or another. I have played the game pretty far in single player and it's fine and nothing special when played that way, but multiplayer is much more enjoyable, but I do have to say that the worst missions are still really bad, thankfully there are not many of the really bad ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X