This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, wrong thread.
    Last edited by fallenangle; 28-04-2021, 15:24.

Comment

Going to be Returnal this weekend and hopefully starting on the PC backlog that's building. Switch wise I think a replay of Mario Odyssey is next on my tour through the 3D entries.

Comment

Picked up MotoGP 21 on a bit of a whim. I love the sport but haven't played any of the games before. From what I gather a fairly easy going series went far more hardcore sim as of last year. I've started in the lightest class (Moto3) with the aim of building slowly to the premier monsters. It's takes time to get used to. Putting a good lap in requires the spinning of a number of plates, but when it comes together it feels really good. I've done one race weekend complete with testing and qualifying and it was brilliant. Placing in the top 10 feels like an achievement. I doubt I'll be world champion but I will feel like I've competed. The presentation is barebones but the track time is very good indeed.

Disco Elysium. My investigations have moved into a different part of town. I still have to force myself to not play too much. I've never known a game that has such a powerful atmosphere and gets inside your head so much. It's remarkable. But it's not 'feel-good'.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Switch wise I think a replay of Mario Odyssey is next on my tour through the 3D entries.
        I've played through it twice. So amazing both times. Along with World it's probably my fave Mario game.

Comment

I'm expecting to enjoy it a lot more second time as it'll just be a completion run rather than a 100% run like the first which I think was largely responsible for killing my enjoyment in the later hours

Comment

I'm really bored of Spider-Man, but still find myself doing the spot crimes on the way to story triggers for completion reasons, rather than enjoyment.

Comment

Vitamin connection has been a crazy & wonderful experience so far the soundtrack is GOD tier it is a very strange mix of songs they are like retro swinging 60's pop but also jpop & even fake eurobeat it's amazingly cheesy & i love it all. So far completed the story but not gotten all the stars in each stage to unlock the bonus stages and a new pro story mode has unlocked so there's still tons of stuff to do the minigames have a warioware ware vibe when you get to the title screens on them it's a very quirky and stylish game i love the 60's artstyle aesthetic. It's like some odd kuru kuru kururin mashup.

cheesy eurobeat

60's lounge music pop

japanese weirdness

Seriously tempted to see if they released a full ost for this outside of the limited edition limited run did.
              Last edited by importaku; 01-05-2021, 00:02.

Comment

Started Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition. I think I'll enjoy it but I'm baffled by the lack of strafing while sprinting. W & D become turn keys but I can already turn significantly faster with my mouse? I want to circle strafe. Its aping the Gears of War control setup I suppose but in an FPS it just feels weird.

Comment

Picked up Missile Dancer on the Switch. It’s like the love child of Layer Section and Soukyugurentai with Raiden style visuals. Very nice shmup indeed.

Comment

Returnal - I'm not starting a First Play as frankly I'm already done with it. I can definitely see how it's going to have its fans and it plays smoothly and well, like there's a much more fun game in there desperate to come out. But keeping expectations in check helps too. The game is absolutely not a Sony AAA title, bar the framerate it reeks of PS4 AA. It's incredibly repetitive too, the Souls style system of dying and working your way through again really drawn out here by how samey everything is. Being a shooter with platforming elements it feels intuitive to play enough but after a weekend of play I'd be hard pressed to recall having fun with the game at any point. It's going to be a niche game making that £70 price all the more bemusing. It'll certainly be some peoples GOTY but nah.

Comment

Been playing a bit of Sonic Adventure DX on Gamecube this week, first time playing SA ever apart from the demo in the shop on the Dreamcast back in the day. Super buggy but did my best to get through as Sonic and then decided yesterday to play through Big the Cat's story which I actually quite enjoyed.

Best part was playing it with [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] whilst I did Big impressions and commentary throughout which had us in stitches. Really nice afternoon even if it did hurt my throat talking like that for nearly an hour.

Comment

Bulletstorm is a really gorgeous looking end of era 360 game that feels like it caps off the bro shooter genre with how over the top it is.

I'm loving it

Comment

Been playing 2 games that i recently discovered on switch, say no more is hillarious it has the weird artstyle similar to incredible crisis/katamari. It's just pure silly off the wall madness where you just say no to everything. Something amusing about the artstyle been full of hipsters, so satisfying blasting them through windows with a well placed NOOO. There are different modes to saying no and it's a lot of fun to switch between them as you sarcastically laugh in their faces or slow clap before unleashing your reply some people can only be gotten past by specific methods of saying no.

The other is rain on your parade where you play as a cloud where your only mission is to ruin everyones fun, the levels are short but there's lots of them and this one is hillarious too so many ways to wreck peoples enjoyment as well as completing specific tasks in each level. If you ever wanted to play as a mean spirited cloud this is the game for you lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                            Picked up Missile Dancer on the Switch. It’s like the love child of Layer Section and Soukyugurentai with Raiden style visuals. Very nice shmup indeed.
                            Looks great, cheers!

Comment

Always love your posts about unusual choices, [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]!

To balance it out, I've been incredibly mainstream, hammering the races in GTA Online. They're surprisingly good, really varied and people can make their own tracks.

Last night I finished off Spider-Man.
                              I think the initial excitement faded once it felt like a repetitive collect-a-thon.
                              Arkham Knight followed a similar framework, but enjoyed every minute of it and mopping up the leftover achievements, but found Spidey to be a bit clunky in combat and Web swinging compared to Bat's graceful flight across Gotham.

NYC is a LOT prettier than Gotham's permarain!

Comment

Working through the catalogue of stuff Sony keep throwing at me.

Horizon Zero dawn - This is a big game. I've wandered in to the DLC too which has made it even bigger.

Wreckfest - Free this month and I'm hooked already. Great game with nice weight to the cars and impact. Very much like Destruction Derby.

Ratchet and Clank - Keep dipping in to this. Its not really grabbed me but I'm chipping away at it.

Soulstorm - Chipping away at this too, although I find the controls difficult. Half the challenge is figuring out were my fingers are on the controller.

All this stuff came free!!

Comment

Working...
                                X