Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished FF7 Remake. I really liked it... Except for the final ending. I suspect part 2 is going to let it off the chain and we'll be treated to Kingdom Hearts levels of convoluted nonsense. A league of time ghosts or something that just pile story elements on top of story elements until only the most dedicated know what the hell is going on.
    Still, really like it.

Comment

Back onto WWZ last night as another friend picked it up in the PS+ sale for about £7.

Really fun to get back into and play again. Ran through on easy as my friend was just starting out.
      Similar structure to EDF in that it's worth playing through the difficulties to learn the maps and increase your XP and weapon levels.
      Something that, despite enjoying, I thought Strange Brigade lacked.

The more you use a gun, the more XP it gets and you can upgrade it with in-game currency.
      The more you finish, the more XP your character gets and each level unlocks a perk to buy.
      The more you play, the more in-game currency you get.
      So, it's this constant cycle of satisfying upgrading of your class and weapons.

Having better perks and weapons means you can face the tougher difficulties a little better, but even on easy, with a couple of veterans, we just about snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

If you're a co-op gamer or love Left 4 Dead, this is on sale until today.

Comment

Sekiro. Still awesome despite me getting my arse kicked.

Comment

Gave [MENTION=11673]shinobi7000[/MENTION] a proper schooling on Tekken 7.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Gave @shinobi7000 a proper schooling on Tekken 7.
            He kept mentioning a politician's affair and the media evidence. And I had to wait like 5 hours while he practised.

Comment

Picked up mgsv for £2 on pc. Plays well! However, as it all came back to me I set the PS4 up and have started playing it on that instead. Looks almost as good as pc and the audio from the controller is cool! Fix engine is awesome

Comment

I’ve been playing the Cris Tales demo from the Switch e-shop. The game is truly stunning and a refreshing take on the often tired JRPG genre. I also read in Wireframe how the design takes inspiration from magical realism, in particular Garbriel Garcia Marquez’ 100 Years of Solitude. Having travelled through Colombia, I can see the local references as well with the game world looking much like the colonial towns and cities such as Cartagena.

Definitely worth a try for anyone with a Switch IMO.

Comment

Nothing at the moment as such, I just wrapped up with Drive on the Switch, so will be looking at starting something new shortly. I need to boot up Mass Effect: Legendary Edition on PS5 to resume that and on PC I spent the weekend installing about 40 games from my Steam Library which create a massive picking list to work through to try and spur myself into making some backlog progress. I had been dabbling very early in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla previously but I don't know whether to press on... these games are just such utter **** since Ubisoft went down the Witcher path, feeling utterly pointless being labelled AC games at this point.

Comment

Disgaea 5. I like these games but you could play for 200 hours and still not feel like you've got anywhere.

Comment

managed to squeeze some Sekiro time in between working like a dog. It fantastic for unwinding from work.

Currently getting smashed by

Demon of Hatred

and after that the final boss! Fingers crossed.

Comment

Dipped into GTA for bonuses.

Tested Borderlands 2 one night then played it again with a mate another night. Love it! Weapons feel meaty and varied with great combat, but I don't like getting used to a weapon then having to trailer it again a few minutes later.

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise.
                        It's ridiculous bobbins, but so much fun doing the Hokuto Shinken finishers and making the wasteland scum's head explode.
                        Just killed an enemy the size of the Statue of Liberty. Bonkers.

Comment

Also dipped back into Dead Island, which I was really enjoying, but I got to the city and couldn't face any more. I've completed it on the 360, so don't need to plough on alone as we got it as a co-op game.

Like we did Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, which was good fun, but feels really clunky after GTA, with no real inertia to the vehicles. Looking forward to more, but feels a bit of an empty experience. Go here, kill these.

Comment

I finished Metroid Prime: Federation Force co-op playthrough with 2 of my friends. I was fun and I see myself going back to it at some point. I did not like the final mission of the game, it was a bit silly, and the game had a few really bad mission, but overall quite good game.

Comment

So, here's the state of literal play at the moment:

Switch
                              Gal Gun Returns - First time with this series and so far it's like playing Senran Kagura, barely any gameplay but easy

PlayStation 5
                              Mass Effect: Legendary Edition - Still just starting to get back into the groove of it, about a third of the way through the game

Quest 2
                              Pistol Whip - About halfway through both the campaign and the arcade mode

PC
                              The Darkness II - Last played this back on its original launch, it's incredibly simplistic but I've broadly been enjoying it and is definitely not at risk of going on too long.

Currently Xbox and WiiU are benched

Comment

I've played 5 games this week, but [MENTION=345]Neon Ignition[/MENTION] has only played 4.

This is an achievement worth noting.

Comment

Working...
                                X