X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    Snip....
    Weirdly i can't mention you using an @ as the site defaults to someone else so i'll quote instead.

You might find the post above this one useful i found a password for tsuri spirits as you are the only one i know on here that has it besides myself.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]

Cheers for that

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]

Cheers for that
        Enjoy

Comment

Omno.

On Gamepass. Very easy 1000G for people who like that sort of thing. It’s a serene explore-me-do with various light-touch puzzles based around a developing skillset. Each area is self-contained and you have a few things to grab/find, before moving onto the next. There’s no combat at all, so it’s quite relaxing. Except when the sticky jump button fails to execute properly, which is quite frequently.

Comment

Yeah Omno is lovely isn't it... I'm on the 4th or 5th level and I'm only really playing one at a time when I'm in that mood. Lovely little game.

I'm currently playing Psychonauts 2 and it's easily moving into GOTY contender territory for me. Fantastic game

Comment

Still playing DCS but I now have an RX 6800XT card so I'm in VR and the graphics are turned way up and I'm usually getting 90fps. If it dips below that the reprojection kicks in (and I can't even tell). Super smooth the whole time. Absolutely incredible experience now. We found a section of the Caucasus map that can pass off as Vietnam and we're flying Hueys through the valleys, following the river with appropriate tunes at various points (Jefferson Airplane for example). The most amazing gaming experience I've ever had.

I might give MSFS a go now, if I can get a dirt cheap month of game pass.

Comment

That sounds incredible [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]. I'm well jel. Can we get some pics of your setup please if you get a chance?

What headset do you use btw, are you still on the HP Reverb?

Comment

Played some RDR Online with mates again last night and we were howling with laughter.
                  We all got pissed on moonshine, slapped each other about, then drunkenly danced.
                  We also played poker, hunted a bounty down and started one of the new missions, but failed miserably as we'd set the difficulty too high.

Such a brilliant game and so much to do.

Comment

I've been thoroughly enjoying the PS Vita again. TxK is such an amazing Tempest game, maybe my fave, and somehow works perfectly on the Vita, especially with a set of headphones on. As does Hotline Miami, another pick-up'n-play masterpiece.

Comment

Played and finished Paradise Killer. Loved it.

Comment

Tried Splitgate, to be honest it did little for me. Managed to score very well after a couple of matches but ironically it was by avoiding the central portal mechanic. Whilst portals give you fast strategic access and escape points from and to enemies, they're also largely inward facing of the arena. Skirting the outer edges of the arena nearly entirely protect you from them and the rifle is more than potent away to easily wipe out enemies across the other side of play. Very easy to pick people off with minimal resistance thereby making it a campers paradise and quickly dull.

Comment

Finished Battlefield 4. What a rollercoaster!

I’ve downloaded Battlefield Hardline and will hopefully give it a spin later today(took the day off work cos I’ve had a super headache since yesterday so I’m not in the mood for hardcorps gaming).

Comment

Still continuing in my efforts to get my head back into a gaming space, hard when time for it remains limited thanks to the kids but what little windows I've been finding I've returned to try and press on with:

Mass Effect
                            Jesus does the Citadel suck in this game, it was a real slog to get through a recent section but I'm finally through and pressing on again. It remains the case that the tweaks have improved the experience but by a long shot (based on memory) this remains by far the weakest entry in the trilogy. It's fine but such a flat experience, determined to plug on though.

Psychonauts 2
                            Returned to this too and probably approaching about a third of the way through. It's definitely impressive that it's managed to avoid the cutbacks that come from crowd funded origins a lot of the time. I can see how fans of the first would be well served by this faithful sequel but the more I play the more claims that its mental health angles have any depth at all to them or that the game is high quality platformer etc seem laughable. It's a resolutely PS2 era title, not even a top tier one by that bar. It's passable mostly by virtue of being true to the original and in not being frustrating to play but this is basic stuff, a time filler game that tickles an itch before being just as quickly forgotten. I've seen GOTY mentions on Era, man... barely in the top 3 platformers released in the last 6 months.

Comment

Battlefield Hardline is wicked!

Seat of your pants stuff. You’re Miami cops on a heroin case which may involve a crooked cop or two. You can press LB to hold your badge up at perps and shout “freeze!” or you can stun them or just do it the old fashioned way with a bullet to the nads.

I’m also trying out Forza 7 to see if it’s worth buying before it’s delisted next week. It’s really good. I spent twenty minutes just doing the experimental drag racing. I might bite cos it’s so cheap and more fun than GT Sport.

Comment

Been enjoying some video game pinball. Firstly The Pinball Arcade both on PS4/5 and iPad too. These are choc full of licensed tables I bought over the years so it's nice to re-download them and pick through some classics. Pinball FX3 beats it in technical terms but there's something down n dirty I like about The Pinball Arcade (they don't censor tables for starters) and it gives you more of a back room bar feel over something overly sterile. Played The Twilight Zone and both Elvira tables last night. All top notch.

If you didn't buy in the past though the table selection now is poor these days (no Bally/Williams tables). I might try Ghostbusters and maybe Big Buck Hunter at some point though ... they look interesting. Not so sure about Woah Nelly! Big Juicy Melons though
                                Last edited by Atticus; 09-09-2021, 12:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X