Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, ME2 was just amazing. I always heard that the love of ME was that it was less of a corridor shooter but that hasn't felt like the case at all. It's the same but with much less well designed locations and less scale.

Comment

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Switch)

Wife and I the first few hours wondering wtf was going on(it’s still not obvious to us who’s won until we see the victory pose!) but it’s slowly starting to come together. I dunno how deep the mechanics are but I’m trying not to play it alone because we’re quite evenly matched right now.

The stages are brilliant and matches are fun when you click with a character.

Star Wars Battlefront II

Crikey. Action-packed right from the start where you play as an Imperial commander shooting up Rebel scum

Comment

Also grabbed Street Fighter Anniversary (Switch) in the sale.

It’s got barely any options but that means I can concentrate on the games themselves instead of faffing around with CRT shaders.

I’d been ignoring my Switch for fighting games and forgot I can use my 8bitdo M30 natively or my Mayflash Magic Pro thing to connect any other controllers. I might even consider that Hori joycon with the dpad, although I have trouble with the dpad location itself.

Comment

Picked up the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone Bundle on sale via NA PSN. It's a lot harder than the older games, I think this one is based directly off of the arcade game? Lots of different inputs and holds flying around the screen and I'm just not as quick with the D-Pad.

I'll adjust I'm sure and the amount of content in this bundle is insane, but F/F2nd on PS3 remain my favourite in the series.

Comment

Not much because I was away, but dipped into Xeno Crisis, which was good fun, but quite tough!

Comment

Well Eastward on switch has enchanted me 6 hours have gone by in a flash, the story got pretty dark though now in the 3rd city with no idea how it's all gonna pan out in the end. The environments are a joy to explore they are just so detail packed & beautiful. Screenshots really don't do it justice.

Comment

Senran Kagura burst
                Never played one before and its just what I needed. Just fun nonsense action.
                I mean, there is probably the unnecessary T&A in there, but gameplay wise it's good fun.

Comment

LoZ: A Link Between Worlds - Absolutely adore this game, a great way to while away an hour in a comfy chair. The puzzles are brilliant and the music is some of my fave ever (esp that rooted in the history of the series).

Comment

Persona 5 Royal (still). 106 hours and into the 'Royal' extra content/term. Just spent 8 in-game days walking around the subways and streets, meeting one person per day to trigger a short conversation before heading home to bed and repeating the next day. No other activities available. The game has artificially lengthened this by forgetting the fact that fast-travel was unlocked about 80 hours ago. I'm never not amazed by the ingenuity of the devs here to come up with new ways to waste the player's time with bloat. Over the last 15 hours even the NPCs have been coming out with things like "When will it end?" "What, another area?" "More of them, aargh!" "I guess all we can do is keep going!", etc. Anyway, only 23 in-game days of game left to go...

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      Star Wars Battlefront II

Crikey. Action-packed right from the start where you play as an Imperial commander shooting up Rebel scum
                      I've had this installed unplayed for months finally got some time to game on the weekend, thought why not & played the single player. So far it's great!

Comment

I've been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, still. I just finished all the 200cc cups with three stars the other day. Really enjoyed that, although a couple of tracks were a complete ball ache (modern Rainbow Road and Dragon Driftway in particular).

Now I'm working my way through the staff ghosts on 150cc time trial to get the gold wheels so I can be fully blinged out when I play online.

It's just such a fun game. The changes versus the WiiU game, which I played to death, are more significant than I had first thought. There are definitely a lot of balancing changes, and miniboosts seem to be a lot more powerful than they were before.

At first I defaulted to prioritising speed over everything, which was always the best strategy on OG 8 (and before that 7 and Wii). But actually I think you're better off with a lighter build with a slower top speed, but strong acceleration and miniboost. The latter seems to make up for the lost top speed pretty comprehensively.

I have also just found out that you can access your weapons early by pressing L at the exact moment when the second loop of the 'slot machine' jingle plays just after hitting an item box. That is something I'm 99% sure wasn't in the WiiU game - at least, if it was, I never knew about it. That's a really fun little wrinkle.

There are some fun tools around online for comparing builds too, like these:

We never had those back in the WiiU days, and they're interesting for comparing and contrasting.

It's like the bloody Dark Souls of kart racers. Love it. I just wonder where they can go from here.

Comment

Just finished Psychonauts 2 yesterday and now just mopping up the collectibles for the achievements.

I think it's a solid 9 from me... It took me a while to get into the groove and the characters but I really liked the final third of the game and it wraps things up in great style. Even though the platforming itself isn't anything new the story writing is top shelf.

Also sets itself up for a potential third outing which I'm totally up for.

Comment

I'm now on the last main mission of Mass Effect, after that I'll be into the endgame missions but I've stuck a pin in it again as today the postie will be delivering Lost Judgment

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                              Persona 5 Royal (still). 106 hours and into the 'Royal' extra content/term. Just spent 8 in-game days walking around the subways and streets, meeting one person per day to trigger a short conversation before heading home to bed and repeating the next day. No other activities available. The game has artificially lengthened this by forgetting the fact that fast-travel was unlocked about 80 hours ago. I'm never not amazed by the ingenuity of the devs here to come up with new ways to waste the player's time with bloat. Over the last 15 hours even the NPCs have been coming out with things like "When will it end?" "What, another area?" "More of them, aargh!" "I guess all we can do is keep going!", etc. Anyway, only 23 in-game days of game left to go...
                              You've summed up in a nutshell how I've been feeling about Trails of Cold Steel IV recently. I know its heading to the climax and will conclude eventually but the amount of dialogue between characters on the way is to the point where I'm ready for it to end. At the very least after clearing either of these JRPGs anything you play next that's not another RPG will feel like you're time travelling (it was an odd experience clearing ToCS III given its length, then playing Ys 8 and realising I got so much done in 2-3 hours).

RPG devs got the game length right generally in the past. It seems in the last ten years some devs want to give you RPGs that last 100+ hours but I think 50-60 hours is still the right length for a decent RPG.

Comment

Between various games i have been mainly playing Eastward for most of the week now at chapter 6 and it's been a blast so far. You can literally screenshot anywhere in the game and it's a piece of art. It really reminds me of a storybook come to life, so much detail packed into every environment. Have had it crash a couple of times where it just noped out back to the system menu but thankfully in the 9+ hours so far it's only happened 3 times & because there's checkpoints all over it really isn't far between them so it hasn't been frustrating but hopefully they polish the final rough edges off.

Finding the story & characters enjoyable i stop to chat to everyone as i want to experience it all. The ruined world is interesting to the point i wanna find out exactly what happened something that in a lot of rpg games i have played in the past have been boring in this respect, find it amusing that some people online are bitching about there been so much reading involved gamers really have become pathetically lazy this isn't the first time i have heard people moan that they don't want to read in a game. With the generous save points it's something i have been jumping in & out of in nice bite sized blocks. Love how there's a full 8bit rpg inside the game played about an hour of that alone but will finish the main story before i go back to that i think. Hoping there's some new game plus type of bonus to find the stuff i missed along the way, if not i'm more than happy to go back around again.

One thing this game needs badly is a huge thick artbook, something like the cuphead one as i wanna see that concept art, all of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X