Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of my time lately's been on NEO: The World Ends With You. I thought the original was brilliant, and this one is too - great, unique battle mechanics, loads of ways to tinker with and play with party setup, and all layered on top of a colourful and stylish take on Shibuya with a real broad spectrum of catchy tunes over the top. A lot of these are borrowed from the original, but I think it's been long enough since I've heard them that I don't even mind. Story and characters arguably do a better job of being modern and youthful than the likes of Persona, and it's much snappier too. Feels like a total sleeper hit; despite mostly positive reviews, I have barely seen a whimper of interest anywhere online.

Comment

played some arcades in southend for the first time in since Bury late 2019 or early 2020, mario Kart GP is still great, Halo was a bit boring with just 2 players on the huge ass machine and Crusin'whatever (newest one, forgot the name) was absolute crap, just 1 peddle to accelerate... long gone the heady days of 2049.

Comment

I got to the last boss on Slay the Spire and died. I managed to work his attack down to 26 HP and I had exactly 26. If I'd had 27 I would have survived one more round and done him. I was nearly crying. Genuinely.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          I got to the last boss on Slay the Spire and died. I managed to work his attack down to 26 HP and I had exactly 26. If I'd had 27 I would have survived one more round and done him. I was nearly crying. Genuinely.
          Faaaark...

Comment

Got to the last boss of Slay the Spire again and died again and nearly cried again. Damn this game. Mind you, my deck building skills need work. Decks way too big. 35+ cards, bloated, when they should be around 20-25 for maximum synergistic goodness. Somehow I just can't say no to all those lovely cards.

Comment

Finally bought Gang Beasts, when I've meant to for years.
              Played my son and it was hilarious but ridiculous.

Other than that, the zeitgeist game all the kids are talking about, Brink Cascade.
              Brink CascadeBrinBrink Cascade

Comment

Yet more Slay the ​Spire. This time the tears were tears of joy as my Ironclad vanquished the fell beast atop the Spire with a toothsome combo of strength buff and exhaust buff cards. What a fabulous game. I love boardgame deck-builders in general (Clank, Gloomhaven, Mage Wars) so this was so much fun. As soon as I finished I got back into dabbling with the other characters, which are really distinctive to play. I even love the low-fi visuals which remind me fondly of Bookworm Adventures Deluxe. Tempted to get Monster Train at some point but there's plenty of game left in this deck-builder for a good long while.

Comment

Started ff15 the other day, 3 hours in and i can safely say this is absolute garbage, what exactly were the devs doing for all those years? Looks and runs like a ps3 game as well even on ps5.

Then went onto ff7 remake 2 hours in and absolutely fantastic, will be sticking with this now.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Started ff15 the other day, 3 hours in and i can safely say this is absolute garbage, what exactly were the devs doing for all those years? Looks and runs like a ps3 game as well even on ps5.

Then went onto ff7 remake 2 hours in and absolutely fantastic, will be sticking with this now.
                    Yep. I never got on with FF15. Tried it twice.

FF7R on the other hand is brilliant.

Comment

I'm playing the Avengers campaign on game pass and I'm actually really enjoying it.

Don't think I'll stick around for the grind but so far the story is good and it's a fun ride.

Does anyone know if the DLC is worth it? On particular the Black Panther stuff.

Comment

I’m playing Avengers too and it’s great!

I’m still early in the game but the early bit where you can be each Avenger was groovy. The cutscenes are fantastic.

Comment

I'm playing Death Stranding
                          And I'm playing through Doom and then Doom Eternal.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            I’m playing Avengers too and it’s great!

I’m still early in the game but the early bit where you can be each Avenger was groovy. The cutscenes are fantastic.
                            Yeah the character work on is too notch. Despite not being the MCU movie versions I really like the main voice acting and the expressions and interactions of the characters is just great.

I'm getting strong Tomb Raider vibes which is understandable.

I understand the main campaign is only about 10 hours and I'm already halfway. It's good enough that I'm enjoying it solo but I think once I'm done with the main storylines I'll put it down .

Comment

Played the updated World War Z last night with a couple of mates.

Did the Rome missions (new) and the Tokyo ones (old).

Constantly torn between using weapons that I've maxed out or ones I haven't, so I can gain XP with them and upgrade them.

Been playing as the gunslinger and I think I'm level 28 of 30, so I've unlocked most of the perks, but I don't have enough in-game currency to upgrade the guns and buy the perks. My character starts with a fully-specced and silenced primary and secondary weapon now, which means you're a ninja badass from the start (until it all hits the fan in the finale)!

Comment

In between other stuff been playing the demo of hypnospace outlaw as i only just recently discovered this was even a thing. It's so weird & very clever at the same time totally nails the feel of janky 90's internet i love how you have to really dig deep to solve the puzzles and not just clicking on pages from what i have ready you have to go into the code and alsorts of other ways to solve some of the cases, think it's gonna keep me occupied for hours just reading all the weird stuff. The demo sadly only lets you do one case but you can still explore a lot of the pages to your hearts content i have a physical copy on route to me i'm trying very hard not to go looking for playthrough vids on the net. Did treat myself to a new mouse for my switch as i heard it's got full keyboard & mouse support in this game so it'll make navigating a bit easier but even using switch controls there's a wealth of options hell they even let you use the joycon as a wiimote style pointer.

Still can't believe that a game so old & weird managed to pass me totally by unnoticed.

Comment

Working...
                                X