Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tidbits like the BF2042 Beta aside I'm currently back on Mass Effect: Definitive Edition. The way missions are headed I'm very sure I'm into the last hours of the game now. I'll definitely want a break before starting ME2, I imagine this weekend Metroid Dread will become the next focus

Comment

In a break with tradition of adding a PS+ game to my library and letting it languish in purgatory, I actually downloaded and played a bit of Morga Kumba X.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Mortal Kombat X and 11 are both totally overloaded with DLC, it's pretty ridiculous. I think X only includes half a dozen stages in the base game.

I think you would enjoy the story mode though @QualityChimp so give it a try if you haven't played it. It's easily the best single player story of any fighter I've ever played. And as a complete fighting game weakling I find MK's noob-friendly, dial-a-combo special moves nice and doable.
      Thanks for the tip, mate, because it really has been nice to play a fighter with quite a decent amount of story.
      I like how the cutscenes turn into fights too, that's really nice done.

I did the first section with Johnny Cage and now I'm playing some random dude I've never heard of.
      It's hilarious how these ridiculous looking people are just milling around like it's perfectly normal to wear a gold-lined robe, cybernetic eye and a giant feathery headdress. Do they grab a Pret looking like that?

Need to put a bit of time aside to learn some combos and a FATALITY .

Comment

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)

Well, it would've been Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, but I wanted to play the Spider-Man Remaster's DLCs first. However, I wasn't aware of the PS4/PS5 save game shambles and no longer own the PS4 game.

I did start Spider-Man Remaster from the beginning but got bored and ordered a used copy of Spider-Man PS4 which will hopefully arrive this week so I can transfer the save game and play the Remaster the way it was meant to be played - with a Spidey mohawk!

I did play a bit of Horizon: The Frozen Wilds in PS5's boost mode and it is sublime. I finished the game during the summer but wanted a break before taking on the DLC.

Comment

Won a couple more fights on Mortal Kombat X, then my mates came online and we played some World War Z together.

Such a great game - dripping with tension and terror as you're either waiting for something to leap out of the shadows, or you're dealing with a swarm of undead. Maxed out the Gunslinger class (rewards for lots of shooting), so moved onto the Dronemaster, which loses the grenades, but you have a drone following you that zaps the undead. Hella useful when you're pinned by a special!

Comment

I actually got Mortal Kombat 11 in the Switch sale. It doesn't look great on the Switch at all and really reminds me of the Vita version of MK9 in that it feels like the system could do way better. Not that it was going to do PS5 graphics or anything. Just that they could have made far better choices on what to cut down and how to optimise it.

But it's okay in spite of that. I liked the story mode and they do that really well now in MK. The character roster is pretty good although I really would have preferred more MK characters in favour of the novelty guest appearances from the likes of Rambo or the Joker.

Everything else seems needlessly complex and drawn out. If I unlock an outfit, make it easy to select. Don't give me many types of in game currencies and make me feel like I'm grinding to unlock stuff. It all takes too many steps to do anything. That's less time actually playing the parts I want to. And half the stuff that gets unlocked in this I don't even understand. No idea what it does. So I'm kind of done with it already but I enjoyed what I played.

Comment

I'm just in such a slump at the moment.

It was Uncharted 2's twelfth birthday yesterday so I thought, "ooh, I'll fire that up and have a good session" but ended up just, well, not.

This time last year I was rinsing everything I played. I'd played through TLOU2 TWICE and 100% Ghost of Tsushima and was excited for PS5 launch.

This year, meh! The only thing I'm looking forward to is Advance Wars 1&2 on Switch but that's going to really depend on reviews and how much WayForward mess with the OG games.

Comment

I'm also slumping again and it just depresses me to hear UC2 is 12 years old already

I went through the Library on my PS5 and hid all of the stuff I've overplayed, Beta's, F2P so that it just presents me with my owned library of games from when I picked up the PS4 at launch onward. Starting with the very oldest software in the list I've started downloading and working through a tour of the stuff I own, picking at it every now and again. I'm currently halfway through The Unfinished Swan but I need to start something up on PC or bring myself back around to continuing Metroid Dread

Comment

Thinking about this year I've played an absolute string of fantastic games.

Horizon zero dawn
                  Ghost of tsushima
                  Death Stranding
                  Final Fantasy 7 remake
                  Doom Eternal
                  Senran Kagura
                  Hades
                  Demon Souls
                  And more...

I don't think I've ever had a year like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post

Horizon zero dawn
                    Ghost of tsushima
                    Death Stranding
                    Final Fantasy 7 remake
                    Doom Eternal
                    Senran Kagura
                    Hades
                    Demon Souls
                    And more...

That's a good way of approaching your gaming time. It felt like I spent an age playing Trails of Cold Steel IV on and off for about a year but managed to finish it last week. I did manage to play other titles (RE8, Guilty Gear Strive, SOR4 and bits of games on the Switch) but now its finished I'm managing to get into some of the games I bought some time ago (I made a start on Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and am quite enjoying it).

Comment

Played through Alan Wake Remastered last week. I really liked it on release and had always wanted to replay it. After having played Control, you can definitely see this as the bridge between Max Payne and that. Enjoyable romp but with some frustrating enemies spawning behind you encounters and a dodge that doesn't have enough invincibility frames on it.

Comment

Horizon zero dawn
                        Ghost of tsushima
                        Death Stranding
                        Final Fantasy 7 remake
                        Doom Eternal
                        Senran Kagura
                        Hades
                        Demon Souls
                        And more...

Great list... this is likely me next year, if I pick up a PS5 early next year I'll be dipping in to the back catalogue and playing through a tonne of titles I've missed.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                          Great list... this is likely me next year, if I pick up a PS5 early next year I'll be dipping in to the back catalogue and playing through a tonne of titles I've missed.
                          I did basically dodge all the PlayStation exclusives on PS4 because I'm not really a fan of exclusives and I thought 'nah, none of these are for me.' I was wrong. You'll be in for a treat if you do.
                          If I'd already played them all, my ps5 playtime would be much less though.

Comment

Played through the whole of Streets of Rage 1 with my son on the Switch and I bloody loved it.
                            Moved onto SoR 2, but had to stop. It plays soooo much better. Bigger smoother sprites, enemy health bars, special moves and double-dash moves. Got to the bridge level before stopping.

Comment

I did basically dodge all the PlayStation exclusives on PS4 because I'm not really a fan of exclusives and I thought 'nah, none of these are for me.' I was wrong. You'll be in for a treat if you do.
                              If I'd already played them all, my ps5 playtime would be much less though.
                              From memory I have God of War, Uncharted 4, Last of Us Remastered and Horizon Zero Dawn ready to go...

I'm just in no rush given the current hardware situation and the fact that over the year Sony has gradually brought 60fps patches out for some of them.

With the sequels approaching I'll definitely be jumping in but right now just waiting. So yeah 2022 should be a bumper year.

Comment

Ghost of Tsukiji (PS5)

Cor blimey, this is what I’m talking about.

I’m sure it’ll have some annoying stealth bits but so far it’s pretty much action stations. I’m still very early on in the game(just started following the wind) but, yeah.

Cor blimey.

PS5 is blowing me away and I haven’t even played any proper PS5 games, yet!

Comment

Working...
                                X