• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My top 3 this year
    1: Horizon Zero dawn
    2: FF7R
    3: Ghost of tsushima

All three are close to 10/10.
    Horizons character animation doesn't get enough attention though. Moving her around the environment is such a joy because she has so many animation types per bit of terrain it feels so organic.
    In fact, I'm going to play through it again!

Comment

Went back to my island, doing the usual daily activities, trying to keep my villagers happy by sending gifts, partaking in events and dealing with an autocratic landlord who charges inflated prices for everything.

That's right - ​Dead or Alive Xtreme3 Scarlet Switch

Comment

Originally posted by kellog7 View Post
        Went back to my island, doing the usual daily activities, trying to keep my villagers happy by sending gifts, partaking in events and dealing with an autocratic landlord who charges inflated prices for everything.

That's right - ​Dead or Alive Xtreme3 Scarlet Switch

Played a bit more WWZ with mates. We're all working on upgrading our kit and new classes. Survived a "normal" difficulty, but ain't going no higher yet! This really has been a great game. Nice it's had a second and third wind as they've added DLC. Pretty cool that only one person needs to buy the DLC and host, rather than insist everyone buys it.

Comment

FF7 remake PS5 update. 15hrs in and holy moly this looks amazing, played the PS4 demo quick when that came out then thought no ill wait for Ps5 version. Does not disappoint in any way

Its like what you had in your imagination when playing the original, and thinking how good could this look in the future with all the same story. Well now we know.

Comment

Not getting a lot of gaming in at present with one thing and another but I managed to get some more time with Far Cry 6 last night. For yet another typical Ubisoft map-em-up it's a lot of fun. One of those games where the main missions take a back seat to the exploration and many deviations. I just want to be everywhere and do everything. I'm getting killed plenty too. Having to rethink my approach and try different things. And somehow, turning a red flag blue manages to make me feel good. Someone on here referred to the modern Far Cry games as playgrounds and I think that's the factor I most connect with.

Comment

Wow, that sounds great to me.
              I always explore a map in an open world game before getting on with the game!
              (See Fallout series, Red Dead series, Crackdown, GTA, Oblivion etc.)

Comment

I re-bought PS4 Spider-Man to import my save game from a year ago into the remaster. Just started the first DLC with Black Cat and, naturally, I’ve forgotten all the moves!

Still, it’s nice playing the game with the DualSense instead of my DS4 which would go clackety-clack against my wedding ring

Every time I see a backpack icon I think “WWQCD?”

Comment

Just finished Halo Reach last night. Over the last month or so I've played through most of the MCC with only Halo 3 ODST and Halo 4 left to go.

Thoroughly enjoying them as they now play in 4K120 on the Series X and load super fast.

Also just started checking out Echo Generation which is a turn based RPG set in the 90s with a sort of voxel look to the graphics a bit like the Touryst. Gameplay reminds me of the recent South Park games. It only hit game pass a day ago... fun little title with a lot of style.

Comment

Playing Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania and struggling with 7-1. Just can't seem to make it onto the final platform.

Comment

Cod Infinite Warefare. Pretty good campaign full of spectacle.

Comment

Cannot stop playing Death Stranding Director's Cut. Going for the platinum. I wasn't in love with the game first time around because the story kept getting in the way of just hiking. Now I'm in the post game with very few radio messages from the characters constantly nagging me, I'm having a wonderful time trekking between all the different preppers. I have an awesome network of ziplines and I'm just whipping about getting every prepper to 5 stars.

Comment

Am I the only person who has never platinumed a game before and likely never will?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Am I the only person who has never platinumed a game before and likely never will?
                            Nope. I’m the same.

Comment

Finished Gleylancer the other day even videoed it, solid shooter never had a MD copy, but won't be buying one any time soon due to the price. Has some nice visuals for the system.

I do Warframe on and off, just started the new No Man's Sky Expedition event, certainly add something to the game with these single player events. Even if they do take hours. Grabbed the Mummy Demastered on sale decent Metroid game has a lot of flaws and a death mechanics that can make the game very very tricky. Nice 2D graphics, but the stage design is a bit average and some of the upgrades are rather odd. One just upgrades your run speed.

Comment

Bit of Titanfall 2 (Thanks [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION]!)

Comment

Working...
                                X