This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by endo View Post
    Street Fighter V, squeezing the last out of it with the final character DLC, which I picked up a bit cheaper in the sales, before SF6 drops.

Halo Infinite. Fully addicted to the multiplayer currently. It's ****ing great.

Need to finish off Resi 8 as well, which I might try to do this weekend.
    Are you enjoying playing as Luke? The FGC didn't take warmly to his appearance but pros have said he's a decent character (almost like the dev team knows what they're doing when it comes to making characters).

Comment

I watched my son play Dark Souls for the first time lol it was both painful and enjoyable. Now he hasn't come in completely blind, he's watched me play loads of Souls and he's watched a lot on YT BUT its the first time he's actually played the game himself. He was WAAAY better than me when I played it for the first time that's for sure

He still hasn't worked out run away and live to fight another day yet!!

Comment

Only thing I played this weekend was a bit more Split/Second, which I'm still getting a real buzz from.
        The races are really exciting and competitive and the time trial levels where everything explodes is a proper thrill and I'm constantly swerving flaming debris and going "blimey!"

I'll be honest, I was desperate to play Sifu, but funds are still tight after Christmas and had to be sensible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          Fired up streets of rage 4. I still suck at it but it's great fun.
          I've given up on this. The enemy hyper armour is taking the piss. Every enemy has at least 1 uninterruptable attack. Fine when it's one on one... A screen full of em? No chance.

Yes it's fun, but I can't possibly expect to get any better at it.

Comment

Hydrophobia on Gold. I didn’t bother with this originally, but fired it up at the weekend.

The graphics are really showing their age in some respects, but the water movement and sense of place are rather good. The soundtrack is oppressive and relentless, and it was just about the right length to make me wish they’d continued the series. I really grew to love the wading through corridors and the way the water buffets you around.

Comment

Going into this weekend: Uncharted 4, Star Wars Arcade and Taiko no Tatsujin

Comment

Back to 'Slay the Spire'. Finest game ever, not quite sure why I bother playing anything else.

Comment

Finished Unpacking last night, which was very nice and contains some of the smartest environmental storytelling I've ever seen. I rambled about this in First Play already and it comes recommended.

Then stuck on Wide Ocean, Big Jacket, which I didn't realise was only an hour long, and finished that too. Yes it was short, but also very good. Not much traditional gameplay, but really funny and nicely written. It's about a young teen couple going camping with the girl's aunt and uncle, and is mostly about the conversations they end up happening with one another, which navigates through some awkward topics with muddled profundity without ever feeling contrived.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Argh, it's back to a tenner in the PS4 sale. Really tempted but I need to save all my money for fuel, apparently.
                    It's great, and by far the best one. It needs to be the next game you buy.

Comment

Finally getting around to playing Kena , not feeling the love if I’m honest but I’ll stick with it a while

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        It's great, and by far the best one. It needs to be the next game you buy.
                        I think I'd rather play Sifu at the moment.

Actually, Double-D, I was thinking how much Sifu would sit with you because it's giving me Godhand vibes with its difficulty, but rewarding complexity. You love games that really push you to master the game mechanics.

Comment

I am still playing Disco Elysium

I love it, actually. It's such a cool, absorbing game. The best bit is the buddy cop interplay between yourself and your partner Kim. I really like him! I don't want to let him down! And in the game I can do, if I want (but I try not to). How cool is that?

It's really excellent. I'll share more fulsome thoughts once I've gone all the way through it.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Actually, Double-D, I was thinking how much Sifu would sit with you because it's giving me Godhand vibes with its difficulty, but rewarding complexity. You love games that really push you to master the game mechanics.
                            It sounds sick, but I don't have a PlayStation.

Oh wait, there's a PC version? That's the second time this week this has happened. I was semi-interested in Elden Ring, but was put off by thinking it's a PS/XB only affair.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              It sounds sick, but I don't have a PlayStation.

Oh wait, there's a PC version? That's the second time this week this has happened. I was semi-interested in Elden Ring, but was put off by thinking it's a PS/XB only affair.
                              Right over her, bro:

However, it's got stylised graphics, rather than hyper-realistic, so I don't think you can do your usual trick of fine-tuning the graphics the photorealism!

It's had some brilliant reviews and I think you'd love it.

Disappointed nobody has started a First Play thread.
                              The wife wanted the heating on for half-an-hour extra at the weekend, so I can't afford it now.

EDIT: I should probably mention I tried playing some games I actually own before buying more games. Crazy, right?

Anyway, I'm chipping away at Split/Second, which is still properly thrilling. People wanting to talk to me whilst racing is really annoying, though, as you really need to concentrate!

Bit more Hong Kong Massacre too. I was really rinsing the game, replaying each level until I did it under the challenge time, with no slo-mo and one-hit kills, but it was getting stressy and sapping the fun.
                              Enjoying just completing the levels and looking cool as I dispatch all the Triads in my way.
                              Last edited by QualityChimp; 15-02-2022, 13:55.

Comment

@dataDave, this should be a red rag to a bull for you!

Sifu players are struggling to get past the game's second level.Sloclap's kung-fu action game launched last week and ha…

Sifu players can't get past the second level

"Sifu players are struggling to get past the game's second level.

Sloclap's kung-fu action game launched last week and has already become notorious for its high difficulty level.

Looking through trophy data rustled up by PushSquare, however, shows just where those difficulty spikes are: namely, the second level.

The game's Prologue has been completed by around 97 percent of players (easy enough, considering you can't die), and the first level has been completed by 82 percent of players.

That then drops to just 34 percent of players finishing the second level - clearly a huge brick wall for many.

Completion of the subsequent level then drops by almost half to 17 percent of players, and then down to 11 percent for the next. Beating the final boss has been done by 6 percent of players, while the platinum trophy remains ultra rare at 1 percent."

The Eurogamer review is awful though, give it a swerve...
                                Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-02-2022, 08:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X