Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing has gotten its teeth into me last week, which is a shame.

Bit of Lonely Downhill, bit of Control.
    Started The Gunk, which I liked, but there's a bit of swearing in it, which is completely unnecessary for the content.
    It's quite a nice platformer with space truckers more friendly than you're usual gruff guys.
    It's just a shame I can't now play it whilst my daughter is around.

I started Skyrim VR but it crashed in the opening cart section so moved on and tried the VR mode in Tekken 7.
    It's OK, but just a kind of 3D version of practice mode.

Want to tuck into something new, but also feel obliged to complete some games I'm part-way through.

Comment

RE: the swearing thing, I've heard you mention that before. There should really be a 'parent mode' in these kinds of games where the visuals and action are otherwise inoffensive that takes out the swears.

Comment

It really surprised me because it really is a lovely game, that could be played by younger gamers or at least whilst they're in the room.
        It's not a swearfest, but I know there are choice words in there now, so can't play it in the day.
        The kids are on the PS4 in the day in the playroom, so I've moved the XBone to the lounge and dip into stuff there, but still can't watch horror or play violent games.

I fully understand some parents don't care, but yeah, the option for no swears in a game that doesn't need it would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          Nice little retro inspired FPS bundle on humble bundle at the min which included Dusk and Amid Evil, I've actually been playing games for a few hours at a time and on PC wonders will never cease, I'm loving both!
          Dusk is utterly glorious. Best FPS ever. Join the love-in (of 1) on the First Play thread!

Comment

Gave Streets of Rage 4 on Switch a quick playthrough last night. Thought it was quite good but it ain't no Bud Spencer and Terence Hill: Slaps and Beans.

Comment

My playtime has ground to a halt again, spent the last week getting the new PC how I want it so the daily matches of Halo Infinite are all that have happened. Given the larger games backlogged I think I need to play 1 per system in rotation which would make returning to Horizon II: Forbidden West the focus now

Comment

Canabalt HD and Desert Golfing are still some of the best games on mobile. Installed them again and they still have that one-more-go factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                  Canabalt HD and Desert Golfing are still some of the best games on mobile. Installed them again and they still have that one-more-go factor.
                  My wife and I were playing Canabalt on our Apple TV recently. We’d swap the remote when we died. It was wicked fun on the telly and I’d never played it taking turns with someone else before.

Comment

My best effort to date on Nemesis '90 Kai on the X68000 core on my MiSTer.
                    So chuffed to have finally completed a 1-loop clear without using any continues! 😎

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      My wife and I were playing Canabalt on our Apple TV recently. We’d swap the remote when we died. It was wicked fun on the telly and I’d never played it taking turns with someone else before.
                      It's easily my favourite endless runner. The graphics, jump physics and especially the music are just perfection.

Comment

Finished my Gears Of War-athon and went on to try a couple of Marvel games that I just couldn’t get on with. Downloaded Aliens Fireteam last night and have played the first couple of missions which I’ve very much enjoyed, so should keep me going for a little while. I’ve downloaded Forza 5 as well and I’m looking forward to seeing how it’s developed as I don’t think I’ve played one since the second. Game Pass certainly proving worth every penny at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          Finished my Gears Of War-athon and went on to try a couple of Marvel games that I just couldn’t get on with. Downloaded Aliens Fireteam last night and have played the first couple of missions which I’ve very much enjoyed, so should keep me going for a little while. I’ve downloaded Forza 5 as well and I’m looking forward to seeing how it’s developed as I don’t think I’ve played one since the second. Game Pass certainly proving worth every penny at the moment.
                          You'll enjoy Forza if you've not dipped into Horizon since the 2nd outing. It's amazing

Comment

All these posts about Elden Ring has made me finally cave in and join in roaming an ancient land teeming with friends and foes alike and brimming with swords and sorcery.

Yup, I finally started Skyrim VR.
                            Did the first section a couple of times as I'm going to do a ninja archer, but unsure if High Elf or Wood Elf is the better class.
                            Absolutely loved mooching around and skewering enemies with a sword or bow.
                            I'm using the Move controllers and you actually swing an axe or pull back the bow and arrow!

Yeah, I love it.

Comment

I’ve been beavering away at Tetris Ultimate PS4. Interestingly, the music doesn’t skip and mess up on my PS5 whereas on my PS4 it would do that all the time(like a dodgy MP3 from Kazaa).

I looove the music. It’s so good that I mute the sound effects while playing.

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]: I thought it was amazing but couldn't see myself immersed in a headset for hundreds of hours. Seems like Red Dwarf's Better-Than-Life game, that caused people to forget to look after their kids and forget to eat, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X