This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    All these posts about Elden Ring has made me finally cave in and join in roaming an ancient land teeming with friends and foes alike and brimming with swords and sorcery.

Yup, I finally started Skyrim VR.
    Did the first section a couple of times as I'm going to do a ninja archer, but unsure if High Elf or Wood Elf is the better class.
    Absolutely loved mooching around and skewering enemies with a sword or bow.
    I'm using the Move controllers and you actually swing an axe or pull back the bow and arrow!

Yeah, I love it.
    Archery ninja elf? Dark Elf, dude, Dark Elf. Dunmer that **** up. I always play thief/assassin archer Dunmer, ever since I was a dorky teenager playing Morrowind. The most cliché TES and D&D character going. Love it

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
      @QualityChimp: I thought it was amazing but couldn't see myself immersed in a headset for hundreds of hours. Seems like Red Dwarf's Better-Than-Life game, that caused people to forget to look after their kids and forget to eat, etc.
      It's a shame you can't flit between screen and VR modes - it's VR or nuffin'.

So I started again last night and I was playing like a right doofus.
      Basically, I Hoovered up everything I could find in the opening mission - had about triple my carrying wait.
      Thankfully the teleport movement mode makes it fairly easy to get about.
      Tried to store my stash in the trunk in the dude's house you escape in, but when you try and retrieve your stuff, it says it's stealing!

So I looked for a good place to stash my shizzle and heard about a witch's pad nearby.
      Headed over and nearly drowned trying to cross the river whilst carrying a metric tonne of swords, garlic and wooden bowls.
      Made it across to find the witch DEAD! Worried I couldn't store it without killing her first.
      Reloaded - still DEAD!
      Reloaded and moved quicker - pair of necromancers killed her! Then killed me!
      Reloaded moved even quicker - found them before they found her, but they killed me again! (remember, I'm carrying a the whole of GoOutdoors in my pockets).
      Reloaded, moved as fast as I could - no necromancers. Found the witch "I'm just a humble old lady". She's not, she's got a bloody incantation table in her secret basement and planned to start a coven!
      Killed her, which is impressive considering I looked like this:

So, I can store stuff in her cupboards, but it doesn't say I'm stealing my stuff, only the stuff already in there.

Went looking for those necromancers as I had a score to settle now I'm no longer moving at 1cmph.
      Couldn't find them. Did find a tower with some bandits in. Messed those mofos up and stole their stuff.

Retraced my steps to the cave and started looking for some bits nearby (flawless gem and some lifting boots).
      About to attack another bandit camp with some goodies like a one-handed fighting boost, but I literally drew back my bow and arrow and the Move baton died.

Thought it was a good time to stop and I think I'd been playing for about 2 and a half hours.
      I bloody love it, though.
      Part of me wants to follow the guides to level up fast, but I also think just enjoying the world and letting stuff unfold naturally might be a less meta way to play.

Comment

So, having eased off in March I'm back up to speed again. Now in the final chapter of Ghostwire: Tokyo and I'm just starting Life is Strange 2: Episode 2

Comment

Had time to play Skyrim again and I just love the way you see an undiscovered location on the radar and just go exploring.
          It's one of my favourite elements of these games.

Went back to the shack to dump my gear and found a horse just stood around.
          Dead bandit was behind it. It didn't run off, just looked at me so I got close and it let me get on!
          Caned it around on the horse for a bit and went to the snowy temple ruins near the start town, but some bandits were there and started shooting arrows. Got off but hit the horse, so the horse is then stamping on me and the bandits.
          Killed them and got back on the horse and it seemed to chillout again.
          Found a cave full of wolves. Killed 'em got the loot.
          Horse gone. Sad.
          Found another cave (elementals?) walked in and got spotted, but could see by who.
          Then a weird tree thing appeared, went invisible, then with the sound of 1000 bees, just instakilled me.
          Tried again - same, bailed for when I'm tougher.
          Found some tigerfaced dude called Barry Liar or something, just banging on about nonsense.
          Found an archery target range.
          Found some elf patrol.
          Guy gave me an axe to look after, another guy asked after the first, then he saw him and killed him and the little story came to an end, but I have a flaming axe, so that's nice.

Comment

Haha, Ma'iq the Liar, he is a great character.

Comment

I went back to Crysis, now playing on the Switch. Back in the day, it took me quite some time to get into but, eventually, I loved it. I'm finding I have to go through that process all over again now. The controls are very fiddly and I keep making mistakes. But I'm starting to get into it now.

Tempted to pick up 2 and 3 on Switch too. I have played through 2 before but not 3. Seems weird to me that Warhead hasn't been released. I much preferred that to 1, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Haha, Ma'iq the Liar, he is a great character.
                That's him! Told me his name was Barry! What a liar!

Comment

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
                  Such fun

Divinity Original Sin 2
                  Awesome, but makes my brain hurt with its complexity and variables

Comment

Been dipping into Castlevania Advance Collection throughout the week; had a bit of a ramble about two of the games in these over in the retro area just now. Considering trying to mop up the last few trophies, but a couple of them will be a slog...

And today? Norco. I already rambled about how it caught my interest in the PC/Steam thread, but today I actually sat down and played it, beginning to end. I loved it. Felt like it appealed very heavily to my sensibilities, and it was just the right thing for me to totally engross myself in today. I feel I may be banging this drum for a while to come.

Comment

I finished Crysis on Switch yesterday. I remember there being more to it, but I could be mixing Warhead up into the experience in my memory. The ending is kind of weird.

Anyway, on to Crysis 2 now.

Comment

Playing Rune Factory 5 with the Mrs. The game runs like garbage and has some GC level geometry / textures in parts. All of the money seems to have gone into the character designs and cutscenes which tbf are top notch.

The game itself has been a lot of fun so far though. The farming, story and side quests have a relaxing, laid back feel. We're enjoying it a lot even if it is a bit jank.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          Been dipping into Castlevania Advance Collection throughout the week; had a bit of a ramble about two of the games in these over in the retro area just now. Considering trying to mop up the last few trophies, but a couple of them will be a slog...

And today? Norco. I already rambled about how it caught my interest in the PC/Steam thread, but today I actually sat down and played it, beginning to end. I loved it. Felt like it appealed very heavily to my sensibilities, and it was just the right thing for me to totally engross myself in today. I feel I may be banging this drum for a while to come.
                          Hadn’t heard of Norco but it looks awesome. Will pick that up for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Hadn’t heard of Norco but it looks awesome. Will pick that up for sure.
                            Yeah, looks great. Hope it comes to console.

Comment

Love reading the [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] Skyrim adventures! More please.

I got Skyrim VR for pc the other day (found a good deal) but not played it yet.

Comment

I've been playing Isle of Man TT. The onboard camera mode is quite thrilling. I was on the edge of my seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X