Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexei Sayle once joked about 'Howards End on the Nintendo' but here's a game that's pretty much Barry Lyndon on the Switch. It's a game of cheating via mini games and multi-tasking. There's a demo on the shop and it's rather good.

Comment

Played through The Artful Escape over the last couple of days. Most prominent impression is that by golly, it is a beautiful game. Even the intentionally mundane parts are well crafted, but then it launches itself off a springboard into a vibrant and varied array of colours and characters that are all beautiful to look at. Gameplay is basic, and the story is similarly simple, but has a great and resonant message to it. I got to dress my character in corpse paint, double denim, fingerless gloves and pink suspenders, and then topped it off with a green mullet. Beautiful.

Comment

Absolutely wonderful game!

Comment

I'm still playing Elden Ring. Please help I think I have a problem

Comment

Been away for a few days, so all mobile gaming, mainly on the Switch.
            Trying to find something my daughter could play, I restarted Mario Odyssey and she was Cappy.
            Did the first couple of kingdoms and then my son became interested, so he took over as Mario whilst I washed some clothes and other chores. They were on for aaages!

Such a lovely game, isn't it?

Comment

One of the best. A brilliant game and truly all ages.

Comment

The first stage in particular blew me away. They really went all-out. What a way to start the game.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Played through The Artful Escape over the last couple of days. Most prominent impression is that by golly, it is a beautiful game. Even the intentionally mundane parts are well crafted, but then it launches itself off a springboard into a vibrant and varied array of colours and characters that are all beautiful to look at. Gameplay is basic, and the story is similarly simple, but has a great and resonant message to it. I got to dress my character in corpse paint, double denim, fingerless gloves and pink suspenders, and then topped it off with a green mullet. Beautiful.
                  I played this in one entire sitting, on a tablet via the cloud with headphones on... truly an escape from the world for a few hours.

Such a simple title but one of the reasons I love this sort of stuff hitting game pass... everyone has the chance to give it a try.

Comment

Still working through Sniper Elite 5... about halfway but mopping up all the side objectives.

Gave Chorus a whirl for a few hours as it's hit game pass and first impressions are very positive. It looks fantastic, very crisp visuals with zero motion blur and great lighting. What's not good is the cringy voice acting but if you can look past that the dog fighting and general combat is excellent. I'll be coming back to that one.

Comment

Replaying all the resident evil games.

Resident Evil remake is still brilliant. It's odd and B-Movie like and I loved playing through it again.

Moving to Resident evil 2 it's clear this remake is more based in 'reality' and action oriented. And MrX absolutely ruins the game, especially the Ada section were you can do nothing about him. It moved from a puzzle game to trying to get from A to B without getting punched to the floor. Yes you can easily avoid him, and because of that he doesn't add anything to the game either.

Resident Evil 3 next... Nemesis... So that should be fun too...

Comment

Played through most of Yurukill: The Calumniation Games on the weekend. I started a first play for that, but roughly speaking I think both halves of the game (VN / shmup) are serviceable but are slightly compromised for the sake of the other. I've still not tried the 'HELL' difficulty yet, but I suspect if I go back that is where I will need to be be spending the most time to continue to find fun.

A Memoir Blue is a short little "interactive poem" thing from Annapurna. It's not a traditional game - blah blah yadda yadda - I think I have made it clear in the past I'm all up for this kind of thing, and given how subjective these experimental titles can be, the publisher's done pretty damn well by me to date. That said, it's also unsurprising that one of these finally missed the mark. It's clearly trying to tell a very personal story and I like that, but it's handled through snippets of memories that fall short in emotional heft, and generally it is presented in a way that keeps you at such a distance that I never really got drawn in.

Also started Kirby and the Forgotten Land. So far: looks and feels pretty great. Already been surprised by the prominence of combat sections. This one might take a while though, as we're using it as a means to expand my partner's gaming repertoire, meaning it'll be the odd 30 minute session every now and again.

Comment

Spent far too long trying to glitch my way up a mountain in Skrim VR, because I CBA to find the path up.
                          Made it to the top and some dudes taught me some dragon stuff.

Comment

Decided to give Resident Evil 7 PS4 a go and I got some motion sickness after a while. Seems the PC version has more display options like FOV but PS4 only lets me disable camera bobbing. I wasn’t enjoying the game enough to persevere with settings so I’m packing it in.

The only other games to do this were Mirror’s Edge on PC (at 60fps; I had no problems with the 30fps Xbox 360 and PS3 versions) and an old Xbox fps by Namco called Breakdown.

Comment

Resident evil 3 remake

It's OK. Its the first time I've played it. It's less puzzle and more action. Nemesis ruins it again though, preventing you from taking much of the game in because you are forced to keep moving.

Resident Evil 4

It seems with every new title Capcom moved further away from the original game. This is pure run and gun with no puzzles or item box. The FOV and single stick controls are your real enemy in this game, preventing you from seeing very much or reacting to it when you do. The remake should sort that out though.
                              However, it's fun nonetheless. Feels like it belongs in the arcades.

Comment

I'm a little bit of a way into the original Luigi's Mansion whilst picking at the initial version of Super Lucky's Tale. I'm also a third of the way through Resident Evil 4 VR atm

Comment

Working...
                                X