This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lost Child on the Vita.

Pretty decent DRPG apart from a few glaring flaws. The initial load time from selecting your save slot to actually getting in game is 84 SECONDS!!! Every time you move up or down a floor it has to load and the actual movement around dungeons is slow, clunky and makes a hectic EDF frame rate look high!

Other than that, combat is decent and the story is pretty cool. Just a shame it's janky as f***! Anyone know if the PS4 version fares any better?

Comment

Decided to replay Fez today on PS4 already done it all on pc but never did the same on PS4 version, a total blast to go through again it really hasn't lost any of it's charm. Bollocks to waiting for the hands in the clock room it was straight onto changing the system closk as there's no way i'm waiting 7 days for the hand to move around. The PS4 version has some interesting extra things added, i noticed the light bar on the dual shock changes colour depending on the time of day in the game. Also there's a new 3D mode when you complete the game 100% and get the 3D glasses, on the pc version you just got the anaglyph option for red & blue but there's also a new mode for stereoscopic 3D without the need for red & blue. My tv auto detected the mode and switched to the 3D screen option so my screen was all blurry as i don't have a pair of glasses for it however i do have my PSVR gonna try later in theatre mode to see if playing fez makes the 3D effect activate while playing through that.

Comment

-Nintendo Switch-
        Started The Walking Dead: Season 03. Still at the start of the first episode, graphics are a little bit better but all new characters so far so still waiting for Clem and Kenny to dovetail back in.

-Playstation 5-
        Finished Sackboy and Miles Morales. I started Demon's Souls and got through to the Tower Knight without dying, took out the archers and about 1/3 health before being killed and reawakening back at the fire. That's when it hit me, this was probably the most I'd enjoyed a Souls experience and in the same stroke nothing felt more tedious than making my way back to the boss to try again. On to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          -Playstation 5-
          Finished Sackboy and Miles Morales. I started Demon's Souls and got through to the Tower Knight without dying, took out the archers and about 1/3 health before being killed and reawakening back at the fire. That's when it hit me, this was probably the most I'd enjoyed a Souls experience and in the same stroke nothing felt more tedious than making my way back to the boss to try again. On to something else.
          You're prob enjoying it more because you're playing it properly and not using cheats!

There is a whole bunch of stuff you can do at this point to take yourself forward which isn't just 'Do the run to the Tower Knight over and over', but it sounds like you've given up?

Comment

Launch day weakness It's about the 6th Souls release I've tried and I knew going in that I don't find the gameplay rewarding enough to enjoy without making it a fun walkalong beat em up like on PC. I was impressed I got that far without dying, certainly used to die a lot faster on PS3. It being a faithful remake was always going to be an issue so it all rests on my own purchasing weakness

Comment

Completed Pikmin 3 Deluxe's story and am currently playing the DLC and bonus modes. I'm surprised by how much extra content there is.

I think I'll start a second story playthrough soon, this time not letting a single pikmin perish. I used to enjoy no-death runs with the first 2 games, you have to be very tactical, very precise, very careful in how you approach each scenario.

Comment

God of War. I didn't bother with this when it first came out and I'm finally seeing what I missed out on. The combat is smashing good fun and the puzzles and rewards for exploration is top drawer. One of those great games it's hard to leave alone once you're into it.

Comment

Started DOOM Eternal, was forced to login to my old Bethesda account. The password screen showed my password as I typed it and I had to reset it anyway because I couldn't remember it. Tried to skip it all but it forces you to quit the game if you do that. Also had to reset my Epic Store account password earlier tonight because it logged me out for some reason (are Epic taking notes from EA?) and I couldn't remember that either. Main menu has all this mobile phone type ****e popping up when all I want to do is play the single player campaign. In-game items seem to have a super high contrast that jars with the look/atmosphere of levels.

Maybe I just got off to a bad start, but I'm not sure about this. I was pretty hyped waiting for it to download.

Comment

Dipped into RDR2 Online again last night with a mate as there's some new content.

They've made a few changes for the worse too, though, including ending the gold streak bonus.
                    Rockstar has a core of players who play every single day. How do they reward them? Remove the main motivation for playing every single day.

Anyway, we had fun, but I still feel we've done everything we need to.
                    If you've going to start playing, now is a good time as the passes are great.

Also played a bit more Spider-Man.

Comment

Spider-Man. I got the platinum in the main game which was a bit repetitive but then, a day later I realised I missed it, so before I move on to Miles I’m doing the DLC which is great so far, now the trophy hunting is out of the way I’m enjoying just doing what I want. Great stuff.

Comment

I largely use my Switch in work so having not been in the office much progress has really slowed hence:

Nintendo Switch
                        The Walking Dead: Season 03 - Still on the first ep, hope it doesn't sweep away my choices from the end of the previous season as it seems to so far. One annoyance has been the games might remember my choices but they make precious little difference.

PC
                        About half way through The Outer Worlds, in the end I kind of find the Fallout elements annoying, it would have been more fun as a straight FPS

PlayStation 5
                        Working through the VR demo's atm, tried the Kingdom Hearts one last night and about to do PS VR Demo 1, 2 and 3

Comment

Hollow Knight - White Palace section - I think it will break me

Comment

Played some GTAO due to the impending island add-on, it's just a horrible experience. Still gutting as the game itself is still fun despite now being 2 generations old

Comment

Been caning Spider-Man and the drip-feeding of collectables is so irresistible to me!
                              It's just started the Black Cat ones, which are fun. The research ones are a bit of a chore, tbh.
                              I like how the challenges gives you more points if you complete them in a certain way.

It's actually really nice to be able to play a game in front of the kids for once!
                              They joined in helping me spot the cats, helped choose my outfits and cheered me on as I fought the bad guys.

As opposed to GTA Online...
                              Played this with mates last night and we did a mission where you had to off someone who's been arrested, but in the police station.
                              We kept attracting police attention before it even kicked off, so we had to drop it to easy to complete it.
                              It was actually really exciting by the end as three guys killed the squealer, whilst I stole a chopper and got to the roof for a swift getaway.

We also did some races and then spent ages trying to steal jets from the airbase, which was a right laugh and a real accomplishment when we did it.

I must mention that we were on a private session and it was bliss without n00b_KILLAH_69 killing my guy with a helicopter when I just have a pistol.

Comment

Tried Shoot1Up DX last night on Series X. It’s a shmup with a difference. Instead of lives you accumulate more ships and your little armada has to be controlled tactically depending on the situation. Multiple ships can combine to create a mega laser but you have to spread them out to do so leading to a great risk / reward mechanic. When a ship is destroyed it explodes with a fair force dealing out local damage so can be used as a weapon to. There’s also charging shield with short range spread shot too. Very interesting game.

Comment

Working...
                                X