Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally reached the end of Deemo and the ending hit me like a ton of bricks, never thought a music game would end up making me cry but there we are. The ending is brutal doesn't help that a lot of the tracks are not only really beautiful pieces of piano music but really emotional too. I swear this game has a ridiculous amount of content so far i have unlocked 45 song books which range from having a few songs to ones that have 10+ songs in them there's easily way over 200 songs in there now the main story goes round 3 loops each one telling a bit more by the time you get to the end but there's hidden stuff in the enviroments that unlock more music too. Just when i had been hit with the final ending it threw some more song books at me and took me to Alices room where it says you can use the forgotten hourglass to start another playthrough from the beginning but it will have different conversations and new stuff in. So thats where i am in playthrough from the beginning take 2 and already it's now throwing extra pieces of sheet music that add another difficulty level beyond hard for certain songs. Some of them on hard are already brutal especially when you change the song modifiers to add in more keys and now there's even harder stuff.

Not even started on the gallery and video sections that are there to fill, love this game to bits and makes a nice pace from diva and taiko as it's a more gentle feeling game and a joy to play using touch controls.

Comment

I've been getting into Burnout Paradise Remastered.

I needed an arcade racer to tide me over for NFS Hot Pursuit and honestly I've owned Burnout Paradise twice now (original and remaster) and not played more than a few hours.

I don't like the map GPS system or the fact races are open route but this has really started to bed in with me now and I am enjoying the game. I'm appreciating the differences between the different car types and modes, plus enjoying going around the city finding all the secrets.

Probably stuck a good 10 hours into it now.

Comment

Witcher 3

Was having fun doing some missions in Velen, enjoying the view and looking for additional stuff in the map

Comment

Pinball FX3. Williams Pack 6 just landed ... Funhouse is such a great table ... I love the ones with a carny vibe

Comment

Decided to treat myself to a spoopy game on PS4 seeing as it's halloween season been playing through layers of fear, jumpscares a plenty and a messed up story as i'm piecing it together. Damn that house has some creepy ass sound design the silence is quite overpowering at times when all you can hear is the faint electric buzz of the sparse lighting well assuming crap hasn't gone sideways and the room is in full poltergeist mode.

Loving the harry potter style paintings doing their best to shave months off your life expectancy with jumpscares as they morph into messed up stuff. So far it's been fun but not sure it's the best game to be playing on headphones around midnight when i have work in the morning, will i ever be able to sleep lol we shall see.

Comment

Detroit (PS4)

Wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the demo last year, and I noticed it's dropped to a tenner on the JP PS Store so I snapped it up. It's bloody brilliant. Just done a few chapters so far and can't wait to carry on.

Comment

Weekend Round Up:

Nintendo Switch
                Started Untitled Goose Game, early on - it's okay

PlayStation 3
                Call of Duty: Black Ops, endless I know but half way through now!

PC

Halfway through Dear Esther: Landmark Edition and also starting Ghostrunner

Comment

Finished 2nd run of Resi Evil 2 Remake, which was fab. Then on to Slay the Spire and Hades, both on Switch. Absolutely glorious fun, pure gameplay.

Comment

Wife bought Ni No Kuni on PS3 recently and has been loving it.

I stayed away but found the Switch version on the UK eShop for £8 so I bought that. It’s lovely. I’m only an hour into it but I’ve been playing it on the train to/from work and during my lunch break. It’s wonderful.

Comment

Playing God or War on the ps4 this weekend. One of those games that sucks you into the world. The massive boss enemies are outrageous. brilliant stuff. Playin on the higher framerate mode as I can barely see the difference between that and the checkerboard 4k mode on my tv. it's only 43" though and one of those LG rgbw panels so maybe that's why.

Comment

Still on my new play through of Just Cause 3. I honestly forgot just how long it took me to do first time around, so I've probably got about six months of play left in it!

Comment

Just RDR2 Online.

Comment

This week:

Nintendo Switch:
                            Dabbling with the smaller stuff, trying to clear the indie stuff etc to free some memory

PC:
                            Currently inching through The Avengers, Ghostrunner and Lonely Mountains: Downhill

Comment

Currently on destroy all humans this weekend. Just what i needed to blow off steam, it's like mars attacks meets GTA i like how the threat level escalates so you can keep milking those dumb army guys/poice/majestic for their DNA. Loving both the soundtrack and the art style it's cheesy 1950's B movie perfection.

I keep giggling like an idiot when pox screams PEEEERFEEECT! or EXCEEEELEEENT!

only done the first 3 areas so far but i like how each level is a mini sandbox to cause carnage in, i'm totally crap at the stealth bits but it's a stupid amount of fun.

Comment

I've packed my ps4 up for sale so I've got the Emulators running instead.
                                Haven't played DoDonPachi or espgaluda for ages. Love it. Should be a fun few weeks nailing some arcade games.

Comment

Working...
                                X