Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that is probably the word I’d use to describe Crash 4. Serviceable. By the end I was very much ready for it to be over. That’s got to be a tough play in tandem with Odyssey - Mario's control is so much more refined.

Comment

Yep, with Crash it does the job and I get them wanting to make it appeal to fans of the remake trilogy but it strictly matches the play style of the older ones so there's nothing about it that drags the series into the here and now. Possibly why Activision seems to have shelved it again and put the studio onto COD

Comment

Played through the first Spyro in the remastered collection. Very fun if not occasionally frustrating. The PSX game still impresses me.

Nearing the end of Bulleratorm as well I think.

Comment

Stranger of Sword City on the XB1.

Already platted the vanilla version and Revisited on the Vita. One of my favourite games of all time. Though I may have to grind as I'm well ahead of where I should be at my party's current level.

Comment

Why the hell did nobody warn me that stardew valley is like crack. 25 hours of playtime already gone in a flash and my farm is barely making cash but i'm onto year 2 with nearly been at the bottom of the mines and most of the tools upgraded to steel or gold. May have well as just not bought those other games in my recent purchases as they have had almost no playtime at all since i put this one on, it may look basic but it has an obscene amount to do.

Comment

Be careful. Stardew Valley is like crack.

Comment

Yesterday i started playing at 11am and the next thing i knew it was 3am not many games have made me play that long in a block especially nowadays, it really should come with a warning

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  Yesterday i started playing at 11am and the next thing i knew it was 3am not many games have made me play that long in a block especially nowadays, it really should come with a warning
                  It's such a chilled out experience too. Sometimes I just stick headphones on and play it to relax.

Comment

Yeah i loved that too, been at the beach or hearing the cicadas in summer, sometimes i wish the music would take a backseat so i can just enjoy the environmental sounds but i do like the soundtrack to the game. My only complaint so far would be the game explaining what to do sometimes with how stuff works as it really doesn't tell you much, i had to goto youtube numerous times to find out how the hell to even do stuff like putting bait on a rod as the game doesn't tell you that it will only work on later rods so i'm tearing my hear out trying to figure out why bait & lures are not going on my rod.

Wish you could zoom in a bit more too, i love the pixel art but it would be nicer to have the option to go closer in. Haven't put it on today yet as i have stuff i need to do and once it goes on i won't get anything else done lol

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Yeah i loved that too, been at the beach or hearing the cicadas in summer, sometimes i wish the music would take a backseat so i can just enjoy the environmental sounds but i do like the soundtrack to the game. My only complaint so far would be the game explaining what to do sometimes with how stuff works as it really doesn't tell you much, i had to goto youtube numerous times to find out how the hell to even do stuff like putting bait on a rod as the game doesn't tell you that it will only work on later rods so i'm tearing my hear out trying to figure out why bait & lures are not going on my rod.

Wish you could zoom in a bit more too, i love the pixel art but it would be nicer to have the option to go closer in. Haven't put it on today yet as i have stuff i need to do and once it goes on i won't get anything else done lol
                      There is an option to increase the zoom. I actually zoomed out a bit to help manage the farm.

Comment

Half-Life 2 has a sequence where you meet up with the surviving scientists and there’s a speech from one about the honour of meeting the great Gordon Freeman.

I'm pretty sure those first impressions were undermined by me stood atop the shelves smashing every crate like a crazed imbecile.

Comment

Finished Ori and the Blind Forest on Switch. Pretty good Metroidvania despite a plot as twee as Lostwinds. Gorgeous to look at. But those timed/gauntlet sections were not enjoyable. So much screen-shaking and pyrotechnics going off that it was often impossible to tell which environmental hazard was lethal and which was there for effect. A blemish on an otherwise fantastic game. Could've done with one or two actual boss battles instead.

Also finished Warioland 4 on GBA after starting many years ago. Such a grin. But also with some quite annoying timed/gauntlet sections, by strange coincidence.

Comment

I’ve just started Clannad for Switch. Having thoroughly enjoyed Steins Gate and Worldend Syndrome, I’m fast becoming a VN fan. Not entirely sold on the manga style character art, although the backgrounds are lush, and early days yet so let’s see how this pans out and discover what all the fuss is about.

I’ve got Burning Stars still sealed and waiting to be “played” next!

Comment

Finished Bulletstorm and really enjoyed it; although we could have done without the post credit sequel setup.

I gave the new game mode a try with Duke Nukem and it seems decent enough just for Duke's reactions and not knowing why the hell he's there. I'll have to come back to it sometime and give it another run through.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                                Finished Ori and the Blind Forest on Switch. Pretty good Metroidvania despite a plot as twee as Lostwinds. Gorgeous to look at. But those timed/gauntlet sections were not enjoyable. So much screen-shaking and pyrotechnics going off that it was often impossible to tell which environmental hazard was lethal and which was there for effect. A blemish on an otherwise fantastic game. Could've done with one or two actual boss battles instead.

Also finished Warioland 4 on GBA after starting many years ago. Such a grin. But also with some quite annoying timed/gauntlet sections, by strange coincidence.
                                Yeah I struggled with this on Xbox on a big screen. I can imagine it being even more frustrating on the switch.

The sequel is actually better, but still has some tough chase sections.

Comment

Working...
                                X