Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loop Hero on Switch. Been meaning to start this for a while. It's really ingenious, piling around your loop auto-fighting, laying tiles in the landscape to spawn enemies and unlock buffs, material and equipment, trying to maintain the optimum balance of risk/reward as you loop around and around like a mental, fretting whether to hightail it out with your booty or go a few more loops. Really appealing pixel art, too. Story also good:

the Roguelite set up makes sense in an overall narrative of a fantasy civilization scattered into oblivion, so with each loop you are effectively remembering it back into existence.

But wow, the controls. Obviously it started on PC but it feels like it was ported by someone who had never seen a console or used a controller. Not as bad in this regard as the Switch port of Darkest Dungeon, but not far off. Still, fun. Beat the first boss after about 6 attempts. I like how you get the option to keep looping after that to try to reap more resources from the monster-spawning machine you've made by that point, risky thought it is (if you die, you lose around 60%).

Also been playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5. This has really impressed me. Initially it struck me as unpleasantly reminiscent of the GTAs - what with all the lurid and puerile advertisements/media personalities that are baked into its world and bark at you with funnies from everywhere - but the proper meat of the story is excellent and full of countless well-crafted characters and quite affecting scenarios, even for stuff that would pass as grindy busywork in other open world RPGs. Customisation is great, with straightforward but effective - and immediately impactful - RPG pathways, and combat pretty meaty for an RPG of this kind. I'm going for a kind of hacker/samurai babe. Game's a real looker, too. Sexy time bits are fairly cringe, as they always are. Never played it in its debacle stage years back, but it seems to run really well now. Only seen a couple of trivial glitches. One thing the GTAs do have over this in terms of open world drive-em-ups, however, is the licensed music on the car radio. Music tastes in the future are proper crap, folks.
    Last edited by Golgo; Yesterday, 16:52.

Comment

Working...
    X