This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION]

I don't think it's possible with the Wii version of the game. But since the Wii is back compat with the GC, there is nothing to stop you acquiring a GC version, and playing it on your Wii. That would actually require you to plug in a GC pad and memory card - so there will definitely be no motion controls that way.

The only problem you'll run into is that the GameCube version of the game will run you about £80 on Ebay!

I would definitely avoid the Wii version. I remember the motion controls being really bad.

Comment

Had ONE chance to get the GC version in a sale for £19.99 around the time of release but foolishly passed it up, not knowing how rare it was gonna be, duh! Heard the Wii version is curiously mirrored, left is now right and all that.

Damn, gonna have to hack a Wii, I hear it isn't hard. Not right now, tho, I'll have to put my Zelda urge on hold. Too bloody warm to do owt.

Comment

Getting into another week and the playlist is now:

Nintendo Switch
        Animal Crossing: New Horizons with a lighthouse now in place by the dock and nearly 1m in Turnips waiting for a decent price to bank roll into next week.

Nintendo 3DS
        Kirby Triple Deluxe which, likely because of the clean visuals, feels like a lovely showcase of the 3D effect.

PC
        Back into another replay of Tomb Raider (2013), not that far into it yet but at the bit where I'm now armed and getting dangerous.

PlayStation 3
        Third chapter of the choppy Heavenly Sword

PlayStation 4
        About to kick start Judgment chapter 5

Comment

^HEAVENLY SWORD...is it worth bothering with at all in 2020? I've had it since 2012 and I've tried to start it a coupla times and it looked ambitious but also kinda floaty and none too elegant.

I know it's got Andy Serkis in it, and he's good. But he's an actor, not a sprite. He was in THE DARLING BUDS OF MAY the other day, I was watching it after my first bin run of the day.

He was best in that BBC adaptation of A TALE OF TWO CITIES, as that evil Frenchman. Proper great n' evil, one of the best-played baddies I've ever witnessed. Gollum isn't even close (and wasn't tangibly real to the touch, which doesn't count in my rulebook. Also see Snoke. Or 'Chode' as I see him in my mind).

Comment

Only as a curio I'd say, the progression from it to Enslaved to dmc for the studio was a pretty good one

Comment

Yeah, I think those two games are great, especially the latter at 60! Can't see myself bothering with HS, then, although I won't get rid of it (ya never know with gaming moods).

Comment

Finished Ys VIII on the Switch and really enjoyed it. Though it slowed down at times in the second half of the game it kept my interest until the end (not an easy feat to achieve for an action RPG). I'm trying to complete the additional dungeons now before I move on but it comes as recommended for anyone who's interested in trying it out.

Comment

I'm still working my through Deus Ex Mankind Divided. I really like it apart from the energy limitation on the augs, I know why it was done but it still feels scummy.

Comment

Death Stranding. Surely at the last chapter now.

Beat Higgs, which I thought would be the end, but now Cliff has shown up a kidnapped Amalie and Deadman so I need to go deal with that. Loved the 'good old fashined boss fight' with Higgs :-)

Comment

Still playing Stardew Valley. Jesus I'm addicted to this. I didn't even think it would be my sort of thing, I bought it on a whim.

Comment

Chapters 16 to 18 of U4.

The overgrown, organic splendour of New Devon is a sight to behold. I find the paths through hyper-contrived, but it wouldn’t be much of a game without them. I’ve just entered Avery’s mansion, and the journey to get there up rivers, muddy roads and through the Enslaved-esque buildings was fabulous.

I’ve found myself trying to use stealth to clear the ‘outposts’ en route, but usually by halfway though, I’m in a firefight. Those shotgun guys are a pain, but otherwise, the combat is serviceable and isn’t outstaying its welcome.

The awkward moments between Nate and his missus are nicely put together. There’s some nicely-programmed touches, too. Clambering up separate routes to get to the mansion, I managed to reach the same area as Elena. She was just ahead. Nate said an offhand ‘hi’, as did she. That wouldn’t have happened if I was a few seconds later. It’s a small thing, but drags you into the immersion of the world to an even greater degree.

Comment

Prinny, have you tried UC4’s multiplayer? It’s fantastic.

Comment

I've managed to do a little bit of gaming as it's a nice distraction, mainly with friends whilst we chat.

We've been playing and enjoying World War Z, and if one person buys the new levels in France and hosts, no-one else needs the game.
                            It's a nice upward cycle of getting XP to level up and money to upgrade weapons and perks that unlock as your character improves.
                            Unfortunately, the one mate rinsed it and was levelling his last class whilst we were completing our first, so we started looking for another game and we plumped for The Forest as it was on sale at £7.

It's like a cross between Minecraft, Fallout 4's base building, Lost and The Descent.

Had a go with two of my mates and we reeeeally got into it!
                            You constantly find yourself going "I'll just lop down these branches to make a log carrier so I can carry some logs to make a log cabin, then make a rabbit trap to make a bed, then..."
                            We stopped playing at 2:30am!
                            Then spent the next day watching videos like some 8 year old watching Stampy Minecraft YouTube vids. Ridiculous.

A very welcome distraction, though.
                            I can heartily recommend it if you like open-world survival games tinged with horror.

I bought "Not A Hero" for £1.99 after [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] pointed it out.
                            Had a little blast and it's like a pixelart Elevator Action, with the humour and violence of the original top-down GTA game.

Comment

I haven’t. I may have a stab when I’ve finished the main story :-)

Comment

U4.

I’ve done the mansion, the caverns with the mummies, then onto the ships’ graveyard. I’ve just completed the race through the town as that armoured car tries to nail you, and Sully saves your ass.

The balance is firmly on action now. Which is fine. I always feel like a win is achievable, even when I get nailed.

The lighting effects in the caverns were absolutely lovely, and the graveyard contained a fabulous sense of scale, that really facilitated the panic I felt during the ambush. I sprinted around, diving for cover, purely on instinct. No strategy, no plan. Just pure survival. Great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X