This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What You've Been Playing This Week

Two years on and just in time for the weekend round ups, it's finally time to lay the fourth thread to rest and begin chronicling our play in this fifth incarnation of the thread.

I'm currently looking over what to best revisit on the Xbox One X at the moment as there's not much that the system has to call it's own so I'm focusing on rounding up my farewell tour of the system.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 07-07-2023, 08:17.

Okay, so here's what I'm looking at over the weekend:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    Six mystery island tickets used today and still nothing new but I'm resourced up and cashing stuff in later ahead of Sunday once more. I'm a long shot off paying my current loan but hopefully by mid-next week I can at least clear half of it.

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
    I think I'm getting to the end of the first third of the game when the second island should open up.

Forza Horizon
    Quite late in this as it turns out so a little revisit of sorts

Comment

FarCry Blood Dragon: Fantastic spin off from the main series. Been meaning to play it for years but never got round to it. Yes, the story can be done in under 4 hours, but the 80's clichés and references are worth the price alone. The final scene of the story is just magnificent too.

EX Troopers: Went back to this after about five years, just to complete the story. So far it's really enjoyable with just the right difficulty level. Shame online is dead due to it selling about 12 copies.

Comment

Just got through a very long dungeon in SMT: Soul Hackers. I think I just have one more dungeon to go. I'll see if I can fuse my sword with a higher level demon before going for it, but I think I'm decently prepared unless the game throws something out of left field.

Comment

[MENTION=6808]Cepp[/MENTION] Thanks for keeping up the impressions on Soul Hackers. How's the story? And would you say the game is worth it on the whole, or a slog as these types of games can be? It's always been one that's intrigued me.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            @Cepp Thanks for keeping up the impressions on Soul Hackers. How's the story? And would you say the game is worth it on the whole, or a slog as these types of games can be? It's always been one that's intrigued me.
            It's really good, very intuitive and quick paced. You have access to a mobile computer referred to as a COMP that lets you install different modules (no back attacks, ability to speak with dark demons, heal with every step...etc). One of the modules lets you save anywhere which has smoothed things out massively, especially in the larger dungeons. The game doesn't mess about with status spells however, so you can't just hammer the A button mindlessly.

The only dungeon I would potentially consider a slog is the one I mentioned in my last post. Lots of back tracking between floors in that one but the ability to save anywhere, combined with consumable items that stop enemy encounters made it quite manageable.

I'm loving it. The story is interesting yet brisk, it complements the dungeon crawling nicely and lacks all of the social crap that bogs down the newer Persona games (imo). It's also not too long, I'm at 31 hours and I'll probably be done by 35 hours max.

I would say give it a go personally, I think you'll enjoy it.

Comment

That's great, thanks Cepp! Looks like digital is certainly the way to go - the sale has ended but it's still only £8.99.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                That's great, thanks Cepp! Looks like digital is certainly the way to go - the sale has ended but it's still only £8.99.
                Yeah, that's not bad at all! Some of these 3DS SMT games are quite pricey on eBay now.

Comment

Yes, I wish I had bought it when it was £29.99 new. I knew it would become an expensive one. Still, not the end of the world.

Comment

Getting into this week and trying to really focus efforts for trading purposes so:

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
                    Just as I was feeling a little burnt out I've moved on to the second island giving more nostalgia so back to progressing fine.

Xbox One X

I'm kind of fluttering through bits on a nostalgia tour before the system gets flogged. Gears 3, Gears Judgment, Conker and Halo Collection are the remaining things installed so I'll see how they hold my interest.

Final Fantasy VII Remake
                    Not actually started it yet, just installed, but it's the next one to try out

Hopefully done with the current loan within the next 48hrs

Comment

Finshed SMT: Soul Hackers at just over 35 hours. The final boss is tough, I had to had to completly re-arrange my party and fuse new demons to beat him and even then it was touch and go.

He does not mess about.

Comment

Still working my way through Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. The games is bloody huge and also freaking harder than I remembered it to be on the PS3.

Comment

Weekend round up:

On the verge of the next home expansion so that'll be the weekends main focus on this

Sonic Forces
                          Up to Stage 15 out of the games 30, making quick progress even if the game remains a weak one

Conker: Live and Reloaded
                          Last game I'm going to revisit on the XBX, just up to the little hub area with the exploding mouse. Still a nice game to revisit and still looks nice.

Comment

Continuing with the PSVR fun I had a few rounds on Everybody's Golf VR. Still not consistent with my technique but it feels pretty good when you hit a decent shot.

Other than VR I'm struggling to get into anything. Can't motivate myself with Animal Crossing or FFVII Remake ... maybe I'll go back to those ... I know what the problem is though, Doom Eternal spoiled me ... it's the best game I've played in absolutely ages ... pure wall-to-wall gameplay.

Comment

I understand this. It took me ages to enjoy anything after Witcher 3. Playing something like Everybody’s Goff can help to reset your expectations.

Had a go on Uncharted last night. It was ok. Just twenty minutes of it so far. The gunplay is a bit stiff, but I like the concept.

EDF is still my timesink. 101 hours now at 30% completion precisely. I’m not going through hard on every level with every character. I’d prefer to stack the completions on Hardest.

Had a really good run through with the Air Raider. A potent character, when used as support. My Wing Diver loadout continues to frustrate. My Fencer loadout and abilities are an absolute joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X