Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears 5. Garbage. Gave it a few hours but it’s just dull as anything. Graphics technically good but seemed flat and didn’t like the style. Deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      I found the

parry bit really tough because I hadn't used it in the entire game. So had to wait for that guardian to charge up who does it automatically. That was the only part I found really hard.
      Ah, yes. I'm not great at parrying but I'm decent when I get into the rhythm. When I first started getting good at it, I would actively seek out those walking Guardians. My wife is always impressed when I head towards a bunch of Moblins, WHISTLE TO GET THEIR ATTENTION("it seems Shorty couldn't hear your call") and then waltz around them like a ballerina.

Comment

Breath of the Wild was such a great experience once I stopped trying to go into areas where I was underpowered and dying in one strike (such a fantastic world).

After clearing TLoU Part II I had a cool down for a couple of days on some fighters (GG Xrd Rev2, GBVS, SFV and Samurai Shodown) then took the plunge on Judgement. It still uses the Kamurōcho setting but feels different enough to the Ryu ga Gotoku games with Yagami being more mobile/agile than Kiryū. Its another tale of chasing a neighborhood murderer who's killing off members of an outside yakuza clan but story progression is good (i.e not drawn out) and the mo-cap is some of the dev studio's best to date.

EDIT: Making more progress in Judgment and moving through the chapters isn't taking so long (about 4-5 hours each for the ones I've covered so far). I'm glad to see the actor who's likeness they took for the main role isn't precious about his appearance as his in-game character has already received a good kicking by yakuza clansmen and has the leftover facial bruises to prove it. Its good attention to detail and is keeping my interest so far.
        Last edited by Paddy; 30-06-2020, 22:10.

Comment

So we finished off The Forest and we all had a blast with it.
          It's the kind of game some people have been playing for years and really mastering it.

You can play the story, you can explore the island looking for special weapons and tools, you can build bases with loads of traps or you can set it to peaceful and just have fun building.

We were properly crying at one point when we built these zip wires and were flying back and forth, ignoring the crazy cannibals like some insane Go Ape course.

I could play it more and maybe refine my base with loads of traps, but one guy dropped his gear in the toughest cave in the game, so he's done and I doubt we'll go back in.

So we've lined up the next couple of games for our co-op sessions.
          We normally play of a Monday night, but if a games grips us, we'll play a few times a week.
          Payday 2 was about £4 in the PS sale, so we've got that.
          Diablo III is about £13 in the weekly sale, rather than £55+. One mate got it and we all crumbled like dominoes.
          Not sure what we'll play, but I did the first mission of D3 and it was fun, but a bit simplistic. I presume it'll get a bit more in-depth as we progress.

Other than that, I installed Titanfall 2 on the One, but didn't even get past the intro before getting interrupted.

Dipped into EDF5 a few times and found a few good games, filling in a few blanks on missions I'd not done with the Air Raider or Ranger. Hardly done any missions with the Fencer. I just find him a sluggish bore to use, unless you compromise your weapons to have a booster set.

Comment

Finished The Last Of Us (again, PS3), The Last Of Us 2, Uncharted 4 (again) and now on Uncharted The Lost Legacy (again).

A whole bunch of retro on the mini consoles.

Really need something new but don't know what to buy. My nephew recommended The Witcher III but not convinced I'd enjoy it.

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] Ghost of Tsushima is out on 17th July.

Made by SuckerPunch who made inFamous.

Comment

Bit more DEUS EX HUMAN REVOLUTION. Not really advancing the game much now I've opened up the main city hub and got five or six Praxis waiting to be used.

Yeah, I'm just killing hobos, picking them off one by one. Or I WAS. Now I've found the police station, I'm figuring out a way to pick off the coppers without getting caught.

These aren't soft touches like the hobos, they're HARSH, they shot me to death for trying to hack an office door!!!!

So far, only one officer down, stunned but not dead, trapped in a toilet cubicle with wazz all over the floor. Don't have a silenced pistol so a single shot to the dome alerts the other coppers and they just kill me to death.

I will find a stealthy way of making him die. I have to.

Comment

Just captured another one!!! Dragged him into a storeroom, closed the door and chucked a big crate in front (but as he's also stunned but not dead, I'm sort of trying to 'kill him softly' at the same time by repeatedly lobbing said crate against the bloke's head in a vain attempt to gradually club him to death with a box. Possible???)

Anyhow, let's see how many I can capture. Maybe I can subdue them all then take their lives by means of a single bullet to the brain. It will take time but it will happen.

UNLESS it's possible to use the box-lobbing method.

Comment

I do love how Deus Ex tends to make people play a bit rogue.
                    Sketcz spent far too long blowing up tramps.

Did a bit more Diablo III solo, just getting used to the controls. There's a lot going on in there, but the game is buttery-smooth to play and there's a constant drip of loot and levelling. Halfway through one mission as my mates came online and we started Payday 2.

Pretty counter-intuitive at the start and overwhelming, but we eventually all got in the same mission to rob a nightclub.
                    It went South in seconds and spent the next ten minutes drilling safes and shooting SWAT cops, which isn't how I thought it would go.
                    Next mission saw us robbing a car dealership of four supercars, but we kept getting spotted.
                    We must've done it about 10 times, but each time we learned a bit more about what we were supposed to be doing, so by the final attempt, we managed to get it done with 6 seconds to spare.

It reminds me a bit of Hitman, where you can go in guns blazing, but there's a sense of achievement when you minimise casualties and they don't even know they're getting robbed.

Good fun and I'm looking forward to doing some more.

Comment

I finished Bioshock 2 last night and, yeah, I stand by my assessment that it's better than the original in pretty much every way. It just gets out of its own way and lets it be the shooter that it is with a clear structure and build up to a strong finish. And it looks lovely. They just went for it with the colours and lighting and I love that.

Only real downside to the game is that it never shuts up. It inherits that from the first one and I know it gets way, way worse in Bioshock Infinite but I really don't get how someone ever thought that having endless speeches play was a good idea. Feels like the game needs a mute button for speeches.

Going to play Minerva's Den next. I don't remember any details about that but I do remember thinking it was superb.

Comment

Uncharted Lost Legacy finished as well this week, it is pretty short after all, so back having a bit of time on Tetris Effect. I think I needed to play something a little less violent after a dream about chopping up zombies the other night.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          Uncharted Lost Legacy finished as well this week, it is pretty short after all, so back having a bit of time on Tetris Effect. I think I needed to play something a little less violent after a dream about chopping up zombies the other night.
                          I think I'll give it a look again after clearing Judgment. It was a decent spin-off from the numbered entries and its been a while since I've played it so perhaps its time for another go-around.

Comment

More MUGSTERS.

For like two or three minutes of fun interactivity.

So, so beguiling. Feels like a fully smoothed
                            -out 60fps cross betwixt CYCLONE and TRASHMAN on the ZX 48K Spectrum.

A wonderful combination. Doesn't tell you **** what to do but gives you a Postman Pat van straight from the off and I keep failing that jump off that coastline that reminds me off the cliffy bit in Scarborough.

Comment

Friday Round Up:

Nintendo 3DS
                              Just about to start Hey, Pikmin. Must say, the latter day trend in 3DS games to not bother supporting the 3D function is a little irritating.

Nintendo Switch
                              Just about to start The Outer Worlds, held off the previous releases and I doubted I'd hold my attention on it so will fare better at work with it.

PlayStation 3
                              Call of Duty: Black Ops, not sure this weekend but it's approaching time to push on with this.

PlayStation 4

Giving this a break this weekend, not sure if I'll work on something before Tsushima lands but if I do then it'll be the SP mode in Star Wars: Battlefront II

PC
                              The main focus this weekend, working through each GP in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX

Comment

More progress through Judgment and the plot thickens as it expands. Its still holding my interest now I'm on chapter 4 and just had a small nod to Gyakuten Saiban so that was good to see. Otherwise its a few rounds of SFV online with its temperamental netcode last night. I got Indivisible and Under-Night for Switch in the post this week so will be giving those a look as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X