Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing the Guilty Gear Strive beta and realising that the damage output in the game is a large departure from previous entries. It looks as nice as the Xrd titles for sure but we'll have to see if the recent changes are for the better.

Also still playing SFV online and storing fight money. I paid for the season 4 characters and Gill/Seth via the Champion Edition update, however I've managed to build up some FM again so I might just be able to get the next round of DLC characters for free unless Capcom moves the goalposts.
    Last edited by Paddy; 20-02-2021, 16:47.

Comment

Detroit (PS4)

Had a nice, long session with this. Wife enjoys watching it unfold, too, which helps. The graphics are sublime, but there was a particular section in a rainy junkyard at night that looked incredible and creepy as heck!

Comment

Discovered the pedestrian on PS4, it's not like anything i have played before. I love how you play in 2D but in a 3D world interacting via the signs & posters as you shuffle them around to get your little stick man to the exit.

Comment

Thought I’d try New Super Lucky’s Tale on the Series X given it is on Game Pass and had the frame rate boost. It’s actually quite a charming little game if a bit on the easy side initially. A nice change of pace and quite relaxing.

Comment

I was playing Spider-Man before GTA Online took me over and popped it back on at the weekend and I'd forgotten all the controls, which is awkward when loads of people want to beat you up.

Managed to refresh myself and got back into it, but it's definitely feeling repetitive.
            I've done all of the tasks in each borough that it'll let me do, but there's about 3 or 4 fields in each list that are locked and I'm not sure if it's fun or just padding. Think I'll just plough on with the story and not worry about 100%ing it, because I have loads of other games to get started on.

Comment

Control UE on PS5.

Fired it up just to see how different it looked versus the PS4 version and got sucked back in again! The aesthetic, the atmospheres, the graphical upgrade (60fps) and I'm hooked again!

Comment

Just finished off yakuza 6, for a game that's not my usual kind of game i go for i enjoyed it quite a bit the fighting was super satisfying i never tired of smashing people across the face with a traffic cone or elbow dropping a bike onto them i actively went bad guy hunting due to how much fun the combat was. At some point i'll enjoy the new game plus as i didn't do a lot of the side stuff would be fun to get everything completed. Now curious to see if the rest of the games in the series are as good as 6 was.

Comment

World War Z on the PC. I've never seen anything like it. Astonishing really. A literal pile of bodies trying to climb up each other to kill me. Controls are a little off, but overall, pretty solid.

Comment

I picked up little nightmares 2 as I fancied a change of pace. It’s pretty good if not a little frustrating in some places if you don’t pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                      I picked up little nightmares 2 as I fancied a change of pace. It’s pretty good if not a little frustrating in some places if you don’t pay attention.
                      I played the first one, but didn't really get on with it. Not sure why because I really enjoyed Inside and Never Alone

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        World War Z on the PC. I've never seen anything like it. Astonishing really. A literal pile of bodies trying to climb up each other to kill me. Controls are a little off, but overall, pretty solid.
                        Had a real blast with this last year on my co-op nights with mates.
                        We rinsed it and the DLC, although it's a lot like Left 4 Dead.

We've just picked up "Strange Brigade" for our next game as it's £3.99 (standard)/£7.79 (deluxe) at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          I played the first one, but didn't really get on with it. Not sure why because I really enjoyed Inside and Never Alone
                          Not my usual flair, needed a distraction. Control is next on my list, it’s taxing my 3080 @ 4K

Comment

Finished off the last few levels of the pedestrian this evening, my goodness what a fun & unusual game. The story actually is very intriguing once you get to the final level there's more behind the fact you are just controlling a little man in signs, it leaves a few mysteries that make me wonder if it's going to continue someday. The music is wonderful throughout, the puzzles are overwhelming at times but once you sit there and think the solutions eventually come to you well apart from the puzzle before the very last one i sat going back & forth on the rooftops till i noticed something & felt really stupid at what it meant the solution to solving was right next to the puzzle. Once i saw that it was a matter of figuring the order out.

As puzzle games go i put it in my top ten faves ever.

Comment

Super Turbo on the PS4 Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collection. I suck so bad at that game!

Comment

Restarted FFXIV using the free trial. Never got too far last time and just want something to veg out with for an hour or so a night atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X