Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuser - Me, being the massive RHarmonix fan that I am, felt bad for not buying this at launch but, £60?!?!!!
    On sale on PSN for £25 at the moment so took the plunge after enjoying the basic demo.

It's fantastic! DJ Hero on steroids but with no plastic instruments.

I've clocked 12 hours already and the "one more go" factor is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      EDF5 has been great to dip back into, thanks for the help, [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION].

Bought a few games for my son from the Switch multiplayer sale for the Easter break:
      Rekt
      Tinker Racers
      Urban Flow
      Conduct Together (thanks [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION])
      Lego Undercover

Apart from Lego, they were all about 96p.

The only one I played was Tinker Racers, which is an unashamed Micro Machines clone. Sadly, I took to it better than my son.

I wonder if I quit so easily and played something else when it was tough or I had less games, so persevered more? ��

For myself, I dipped into GTA for some general hooning. Driving people around in my turbo boosting car for laughs.

Last night's co-op session was back on Strange Brigade, which has been brilliant.
      Like a 1920s Left 4 Dead with mummies and skelegogs and pirates.
      It's actually really funny, with a well-written narrator.
      Recommended, if you're a co-op fan.
      The base game was a fiver, but I got the DLC megapack for about £7 in the last PS sale.

We almost didn't want to kill the pirate boss as he was so funny, knowingly banging out all the piratical clichés he could. Almost

One mate went to bed, so the three remaining tried Horde Mode and it was really good! You defend an area from increasingly difficult foes, earning cash to buy weapon upgrades and unlock new areas.

15 waves long, but we managed to survive the first level, but it was crazy-intense and we finished about 1am, having lost track of the time and had to try and sleep with adrenaline properly pumping!
      If you like Strange Brigade you should give Zombie Army Trilogy a run. I think the fourth game (one I've not yet played) is free on PSN this month.

Played through all 3 of the original trilogy with a mate last year and it's great fun

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        If you like Strange Brigade you should give Zombie Army Trilogy a run. I think the fourth game (one I've not yet played) is free on PSN this month.

Played through all 3 of the original trilogy with a mate last year and it's great fun
        Cheers buddy, I'm on it!
        It's been on my wishlist for ages, but it's overlapped a few of the other games we've played over Lockdown, so haven't played it.

I made sure we all got it today to play once we've finished Strange Brigade, but I appreciate the recommendation!

Comment

Monster Hunter Rise (NSW) - Amazing game.
          Street Fighter V (PC) - Fighting game has become probably my favourite VS Fighting game after some strong updates.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Cheers buddy, I'm on it!
            It's been on my wishlist for ages, but it's overlapped a few of the other games we've played over Lockdown, so haven't played it.

I made sure we all got it today to play once we've finished Strange Brigade, but I appreciate the recommendation!
            No worries. It's more of the same of course just with that sniper elite x-ray stuff going on, oh and nazi zombies obviously.

I'm hoping these games receive and FPS boost on Xbox now because Sniper Elite 4 at 60fps is wonderful and all these spin offs are the exact same engine.

Comment

Actually just found out Zombie Army 4 is coming to Game Pass in 2 days...

Comment

Absolutely loving breathedge on PS4, it really is subnautica in space. So far it's been hillarious it totally takes the piss at all times nothing is ever serious and the trophies are just as amusing as you do stupid stuff to find them. The crafting mechanics are similar to subnautica too you get enough pointers to explore and slowly find blueprints and needed materials, it was slow going floating out in space on my own but i discovered the shwarma and managed to craft a fart propelled suit booster upgrade. Then i found the vacuum cleaner bike and now i can whizz about like nobody's business but the area you explore is vast and i'm trying not to go too far out till i can get a bigger oxygen tank but now found out you can actually build a base using modules which means it's going to be a delightfully long experience as i scan and find blueprints just like subnautica to add technology & furniture to your space home.

This is going to keep me going till below zero arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  Disco elysium.
                  What a great game! I'm a completely off my rocker drug addicted cop and I wouldn't want it any other way.
                  I sunk a few hours in this last night. It actually kept me up late, I didn't want to stop playing. And while I'm loving it I'm still learning it. No tutorials throws you in at the deep end a bit but the discovery element all adds to it. Experiment. Give something a try. Things fail but that's okay. It makes it all the more satisfying when something clicks.

It feels like a point n click with rpg stats but detective work is the crux of the game. I'm not a fan of big conversations in games but they're involving and enjoyable in this ... which is good because there's a lot of them. All voiced too. It's an astonishing amount of words in one game. But they form the twisted narrative of your experience and they work really well.

I still feel like a stranger in a strange land (I don't fully understand all the systems/mechanics yet) and that suits the experience it offers. It's a world I love being in and exploring and meeting new peeps.

Very impressed so far.

Comment

PC
                    Probably try Marble Odyssey next

Switch
                    Just finished Mario 64 so possibly move on to No More Heroes next. Also:
                    SM64 > SM3DW > SMS

PlayStation 5
                    I need to start Watch Dogs Legion but likely just Black Ops matches this weekend

Xbox Series S
                    Set ups fully done now, might leave Retroarch and clear something from the XB backlog

Comment

Played a bit more Control UE on PS5 this week. I'd been stuck for a while (despite having finished it on PS4, I just couldn't remember what to do! Sorted now and enjoying the destruction again.

Destruction All-Stars - I love it. Yes, there are issues but it's just great fun to stick on for 20 minutes and level up a couple of times.

Fuser: My goodness - this is just phenomenal!! Best played loud for maximum smiles when you get a beat to drop at just the right moment.

Comment

Mostly Hades on Switch and chess chess.com, peppered with some occasional Splatoon 2 salmon run and Mario Kart 8 battle mode.

Comment

I've revisited BF4. It's still amazing

Comment

EDF 5 100% completion.

A few minutes shy of 452 hours.

Kills:
                            Ants - 46850
                            Spiddas - 26455
                            Giant ants - 218
                            Giant spiddas - 142
                            Araneas - 399
                            Woodlice - 8248
                            Tadpoles - 7480
                            Giant tadpoles - 91
                            Whesps - 22207
                            Queens - 162
                            Big frogs - 4151
                            Greys - 2254
                            Drones - 8811
                            Red drones - 113
                            Type 2 drones - 2513
                            Imperial drones - 115
                            Shield bearers - 178
                            Deroys - 549
                            Hives - 10
                            Teleportation ships - 424
                            Anchors - 1346
                            Outposts - 5
                            Erginuses - 75
                            Archeluses - 46
                            Motherships - 6
                            Silver Man - 7

Health:
                            Ranger - 17055
                            Wing Diver - 10904
                            Air Raider - 16031
                            Fencer - 17890

Comment

What an achievement. Congratulations, pal.

Comment

It was very, very tough in places. You can do most of the later levels on Inferno with three Air Raiders continually bombing the battlefield, but it triples the number of times you have to play the missions. Basically, you have to agree, as a squad, to rotate the Air Raiders, to enable everyone to complete it with one of the other classes.

Loved playing the WD for timed ‘smash and grab’ rapier/phalanx attacks. You can cause major devastation to greys, frogs and mother monsters with that aggressive play style, but you really have to watch your wing energy and plan ahead. Many was the time that I got stranded with no juice, getting spaffed and jizzed on. WD is useless for distance stuff, and armour acquisition is very poor.

Loved the Air Raider. You can level a map completely, taking out hundreds of enemies, if you time things effectively. It’s all about the timing. Some people are very lazy in their categorisation of the game as a mindless shooter. It’s not. If you want to do well, then you have to have a continuous cycle of timed attacks and planned tactics, using carefully-chosen weapons, and balanced with other classes.

The Ranger grew on me. With his perks, he can be speedy and highly effective. The blazer weapon burns through even the toughest of enemies in a single clip, if used accurately.

Fencer? Still a slog. Speedier than before with the right kit, and can be used like a WD to great effect if you practise, but still the character I experienced least joy playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X