X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    i'm having to relearn the buttons as on PS4 they feel a bit odd
    I play it on Switch using a PS4 controller and have had no problems. I definitely remapped dash to something else, but I did that on the Joy-Con as well.

Comment

On my Monday night co-op session, we played some CoD WWII, then we played Payday 2, which was a real change in pace.
      One mate ransacked some shipping containers in a yard, whilst I played lookout on a rooftop giving instructions when to hide and when to move like some insane Pac-Man game.

Last night I worked late, but squeezed in a game of PinballFX VR, then did an EDF5 mission, but kept the goggles on and it was epic!

Comment

Completed Ruiner on PS4 so started hunting through whatever I had in the house to play again. Ended up going for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. Wish I hadn't. I remember not thinking it was a patch on Rise Of The Tomb Raider first time around even though I slogged through it until the ned, but this time I just didn't have the patience for it. Deleted it after the first hour.

Hey-ho, Cuphead downloading now though!

Comment

I finished Bioshock Infinite on the Switch yesterday. It's a good game and looks gorgeous but falls down in just not realising its potential, in my view. Even having played it before so knowing exactly what was happening, I don't think the end was well set up and that's partly a noise issue. There are too many audio recordings, too many world elements, too many droning speeches from too many characters and the parts that are directly relevant to the story your player is experiencing are like little needles in that noisy haystack. So the ending is ambiguous in ways I'm not quite sure were intended, complicated by Burial At Sea which I played through first this time.

Still, it's a polished game and it controls and plays well but ultimately its a shooter with a nice lick of paint. But it is a very nice lick of paint.

Comment

^it's pure eye candy, innit? Remastered looks even more sugar-packed. It's a game I didn't gel with at first but began to love. I don't think I could face that final boss battle again, though, aaaargh.

Currently on STATE OF DECAY: YEAR ONE. I love how it feels, it's got a great feel of "walking in the woods" about it and I love its foresty colour scheme. Trouble is, I just end up walking about in this, it's got such a woody environ. It's basically a crisper version of the 360 version but about 33% more woodlandy and that's a goooooood thang.

Comment

Halo 3 is on hold because my PC can't keep up with the awesomeness of the later stages. I've just been double-crossed by the Flood but decided to be calm and order a new graphics card before I continue.

I've been Halo-crazy these past few weeks. I think it's the heat coupled with listening to the soundtracks every day at work.

After finishing Halo 2, I scoured the internet for a high-quality version of the Halo E3 teaser and found a 720p WMV file someone ripped from XBLA many moons ago.

WMV!

Comment

Friday Round Up:

Nintendo 3DS
                Onto a replay of Kirby: Planet Robobot. Nice to revisit this as it looks good plays well, pretty brisk little action entry and a peak in the series.

Nintendo Switch
                On hold for the weekend, onto World 2 of Paper Mario: The Origami King

PlayStation 3
                Still on hold, any playtime would be the campaign of Call of Duty: Black Ops

PC
                Still chipping at Teknoparrot, several arcade titles including Initial D 8: Infinity, Batman Arcade and Sega Race TV to go

Comment

Been enjoying a rare stint with the Switch this week. Picked up Paper Mario Origami King on a bit of a whim and I'm really enjoying it. It's happy and relaxing and a nice change. Also picked up the physical release of Streets of Rage 4 ... absolutely love it, though I'm no SoR purist. Lastly my son asked if we could bust the drum out and play some Taiko No Tatsujin and it was great to bash out some beats again, though we're a bit out of practice

Comment

Yakuza zero. Never played a Yakuza. It's really good. Enjoying it.

Alien Isolation. Played this before and gave up. I'm about ready to give up again. It's a really well crafted game. I can see and appreciate the love... But it's just not fun at all. No game should be a chore to play.

Comment

Civilisation VI finally has a patch that fixes the screen issue. So I’ve been playing that. Still rock hard though, and I’m nowhere near to winning a round.

Clipart Rage 4. Had a quick blast of stage 4 with Adam. This game has a great feel to the combat.

PES 2020. Got totally PES’d by Hull. I was winning 1-0 comfortably when their winger went on a pitch-long run that ended in my keeper making a double save, but the ball falling kindly for a tap in. No matter what I did, I couldn’t bring that player’s run to a halt.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        Halo 3 is on hold because my PC can't keep up with the awesomeness of the later stages. I've just been double-crossed by the Flood but decided to be calm and order a new graphics card before I continue.
                        I bought a 1050 Ti and finished the fight at 1080p60 on Saturday evening. I'll start Halo Reach soon, but now for something completely different...

Mirror's Edge

Unlike Halo, I could already play this in 60fps with low settings at 1600x900 on my old card, but now it's 1080p with everything set to highest. This game is 11 years old but still looks beautiful(and nicer to me than Catalyst).

Comment

Picked up Battletech on humble bundle and loving it. Brings me back to my youth playing tabletop with mates and a few beers. Crescent Hawks Inception and Crescent Hawks Revenge were some of my earliest PC games and this reminds me of them.

Also finished off the campaign for COD: WWII. I actually liked it, some of it was pretty brutal on veteran and man it really can do checkpoint saves in the worst places. Do they even friggin playtest this? I quite like the zombie mode for this so will definitely play a bit of this to see if I can complete it. the alien one in Ghosts is still my favourite COD side mode though.

Still ploughing through AC: Origins. I love Bayek, he's awesome.

Comment

PES2020 again.

I've flogged my top scorer (77 OVR) in favour of bringing Gabriel Jesus in for a 6 month loan, at the cost of 33 million. I’m sick of cloggers up front and figured that I’d be able to spend 30 million plus in the Summer rebuilding if I get promoted.

Prior to this, I played a truly horrible game vs Swansea where I scraped a 1-0 win, but fell victim to some of the worst refereeing I’ve seen in a game. That Ayew is a little tosser, too. Then a bizarre game against Charlton. I went 1-0 down after 8 minutes. Dominated for the rest, but couldn’t score. Until, that is, the 90th minute, when the boy Rice burst through from centre midfield and scored off balance, while being fouled. After a brief celebration, I sat aghast as Charlton raced up from the kick off to score an outrageous volley, with my useless defence once more AWOL. Remarkably, despite injury time being up, from kick off, I passed upfield, and Rice scored a 94th minute equaliser, again stabbing home off balance while being fouled.

I switched it off after saving. You have to be brave enough do that when you’re getting PES’d.
                            Last edited by prinnysquad; 03-08-2020, 21:08.

Comment

About to start The Witcher III on recommendation from my nephew. Only £7.49 on the PS store so worth taking a punt on, we'll see how it goes!

Comment

It was [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] in this very thread talking about Ruiner that prompted me to go back and revisit the trailer. YouTube recommendations from there let me know that Susumu Hirasawa had a track in the game, which was that final nudge for me to dig out the physical copy I got before and didn't find the time for. I started it last night, and my first impressions of it are pretty damn positive. It's funny how the cut scenes jar and look worse than what's happening in-game, but in general I'm really digging the atmosphere of the hub city, and finding the missions move at a good pace and are plenty fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X