X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Who wants to tell him?
    Haha, don't worry, I played some of the later disappointing entries here and there (although at no point did I wobble on a plastic skateboard in my front room).

I'd really like to see what Vicarious Visions could do with a next gen THPS on the strength of this though. I really really enjoyed playing it.

Comment

I’ve just started playing Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. It combines 2 of my favourite things (FotNS and Yakuza games) into an interesting (but non-canon) story of Kenshiro trying to find Yuria and making millions of people’s heads burst in the process. I’m only 5 hours in, but so far it has some of the Yakuza humour, but nothing like a full on Yakuza game. Apparently the main story is only about 20 hours, so hoping to just blitz through that doing a few side missions if I so choose.

Comment

Gradually completing everything on Perfect Dark (X360). I only get an hour or two a night.

Some of the later challenges are tense.

Comment

Been trying to get further in Slain back from hell on switch during my lunchbreak at work today, god damn the game never lets up on it's difficulty. So far i have managed to struggle my way to the wolf caves but there are some seriously cheap enemies ones that just keep spawning again and again so there's no pattern i can see for dealing with them without taking damage. And they rape you from both sides but i refuse to give up this game is not going to beat me, plus the artwork is quite frankly stunning the lighting and pixel art is just so damn lush i wanna see it all.

Comment

Finished:

Ark Survival Evolved
            Subnautica
            A Plague Tale: Innocence

And now trying out The Gardens Between.

All free on game pass.

Comment

Testing out YAKUZA KIWAMI 2 on XB1. It's mesmerising.

It's a whole new engine from before, it's 30fps now and gets even choppier at times on my basic XB1 but I'm quite a forgiving sorta chap and it's not like this game is about slick fluidity, innit.

The lighting feels much more atmospheric, the rain residue on signs and stuff looks uncanny valley nice, I'm happy with the drop in framerate for this new, atmospheric vibe. And VIRTUAL ON!

Comment

Also, a £1.59 sale game called SUBMERGED. Seems really nice, only gave it a five min blast but deffo worth the wong.

90% off RRP and good reviews on YouTube. I say get get GET. There's also an even cheaper, BIOSHOCK-style pointy/clicky thing called ABYSS something something, that's 90% off, good reviews, I bought that also.

Comment

I was tempted by the £1 Game Pass offer but my Xbox is BETTER than Game Pass, so I didn't bov.

Comment

Ended up buying and playing parappa 2 today as i randomly found it on the ps store i had no idea it had been remastered man i havent played that in over 20 years soooo much fun going back the timing is so much better which allows you to freestyle you ass off already on the 3rd loop with the pink hat just a few more stages then i'll have the yellow and unlock the record shop. Managed to finish 2 stages with the cool rating too, seems my parappa skills were archived into long term memory as i managed to blast through the entire game without a single stage faliure lol if only the 1st game was as easy with timings.

Comment

More RDR2 Online. Great fun, but I'm wondering when the daily tasks stop being enjoyable and start becoming a chore.
                      I wanted to watch a film on Saturday, but spent all night trying to do all of the daily tasks, but one random event didn't trigger, annoyingly and I stumbled to bed defeated, so I'm no longer going to try and do them all, just the fun or easy ones.
                      You just have to do one challenge to continue the daily streak for a gold multiplier bonus.

I actually spent money on this though!

I earned 15 Gold bars in-game and bought 25 in this one-off £4.49 deal.
                      Then used the 40 bars to get the Outlaw pass.
                      I've also added my Prime Gaming account and between these I'm getting loads of stuff thrown at me.
                      Treasure maps, gold bars, money, fast travel passes and so on.

You get one free job role outfit and I'd just unlocked one for the Naturalist role, so I'm supposed to look like a botanist, but I actually look like a pimp, but that's fine with me!

It's funny playing the poker because you get to see some great outfits. My fave is still the guy who looked like the KFC Colonel.

Comment

Started playing Injustice - Gods Among Us and yo, this is really good. it's so over the top, I love it. I'm playing through the story mode which is essentially a long episode of Justice League.

Comment

No Man's Sky (PS4) - Started a fresh game (after having no idea where I was in my old save). It's really relaxing (apart from when I went to mine an egg). Quality game. Still quite the feat.

Densha de GO! 2 (Dreamcast) - I've set my DC up under my computer desk to have a few sneaky stops. I might have to get the DC controller!

Comment

Perfect Dark (XBLA)

What makes the missions so good... You get absolutely brutalised on your first attempts, you chip away section by section repeatedly until you get things down to a fine art. After a couple of hours you completely Tom Cruise it like Edge of Tomorrow, but because you've had the routine drummed into you all that time it's just not enough, you don't want to let it go. You know exactly where all the enemies will be around that corner at precisely 5m24s, ripe for the headshots - You could possibly do things a little neater, certainly a lot quicker. You go online to see how others are tackling things and discover that there is a cheat to unlock if you beat the mission in under 3m20s, but your time is well over 6m! Oh my!!

I'm trying to go for the 200% completion. It's going to take a while.

[MENTION=221]nonny[/MENTION] - Drop everything and get on this now!

Here's one of the missions I was playing last night. This is the N64 version. These frame rates are perfectly playable, but "ouch" at the resolution:

Last edited by dataDave; 05-10-2020, 10:47.

Comment

^I reinstalled the old XBLA version of that version last week! Been planning on getting back into it for a while and now I will...it's brill!!!

Comment

Ok Dave... I'll make it my new years resolution.

Comment

Working...
                                X