Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dipped into GTA Online and I've started making a garage full of the movie-influenced cars like the A-Team van.

After chatting about it in the shmup thread, I cranked up Sky Force Deluxe, which is still a real joy to play.

Comment

I have been playing Demon's Tilt and Grindstone on Switch. Just fantastic games. Straight in, great mechanics, terrific presentation, no fannying about with stories or tutorials. Lurve, lurve, lurve 'em.

Comment

Couple of corkers [MENTION=3687]Golgo[/MENTION]

Comment

Never really completely sure what's going on in Demon's Tilt, but I love how it's always bonkers.

Comment

Put 7 hours into Persona 5 strikers, it's like going back and revisiting old friends. After royal i actually wanted more of the story to continue so this is my dream come true, so far i have been really enjoying it. The action based muso mechanic works rather well for persona plus it's fun trekking through Japan on a summer vacation with the gang.

Comment

Continuing to amass vehicles in GTAO, mainly so I can crash them while driving QC around (I wish that was a joke).
              Also fired up Game Builder Garage this week and have a couple of ideas knocking around as to what I can do with it. There's a thread in the online section if you are building too!

Comment

Just finished off Shadow of the Tomb Raider last night.

Loved it. Not sure what to pick up next...

Comment

Are there only Xbox games or not?
                  I'm playing mobile last week - the Infinity Kingdom is getting my attention a lot. Start to playing more mobile and small games coz have just a short time breaks for it

QC EDIT: I banned this guy because he's going to spam the forum about some crappy mobile game if I don't.
                  Last edited by QualityChimp; 15-06-2021, 13:55.

Comment

I played Vasara on the PS4 last night as it was about 84p in the recent sale.

I really liked it, but didn't know 100% what was going on, as proven when I got an achievement called "I don't know what's going on".

Then dipped into WWZ for the first time in ages, which is something I've been meaning to do after watching a swathe of zombie flicks.
                    It really is a great game, but could have done with playing longer.

However, a couple of mates needed to buy and download it, to we moved to GTA Online where we had some races, but it got ugly because one blew up my car between races and I was out for REVENGE .

Captured some footage as one mate did an amazing spin mid air AND landed it! H'amaze!

Comment

Now that worlds end club has turned up i can continue my game, i really enjoyed the demo it's an odd one for sure it starts out like some death game like the film as the gods will but turns into some post apocalyptic exploration game. The game recognised i had played the demo and asked if i wanted to skip to where i left off but then it told me there was new stuff to collect if i start from the beginning so it damn well got me playing from the start again. The collectible in question is BIKKURIMAN stickers hehe i never expected any game to parody those things. One of my weaknesses so i'm glad i restarted looks like i'll be scouring every level and puzzle solving to find them all as i love the art on those things, they nailed the artstyle perfectly.

It reviewed poorly on amazon as a lot of people are pissed at the instan game overs there are many times where it's a instant game over if you do the wrong thing or make the wrong choice. The game is filled with traps like that but there's a robust checkpoint system which meant so far i haven't been set back too far when i did the wrong thing, so far i'm loving the whole vibe of the game, it's cliche in parts but the environments are fun to explore.

Comment

Couldn't resist getting Mushihimesama on Switch after the surprise e-shop drop on Tuesday. I'd forgotten how gorgeous it was - from the detailed environments to the amazing insects, the spore covered carapaces of vast insects scrolling away below - and how fatal it is to be tempted to enjoy that. Been trying the Arrange and 1.5 modes, which are insane and mix it up nicely and make even a chump like me feel quite good. Still can't get into the third level without continues, mind. Looks great in TATE mode, along with Demon's Tilt, so I've got a nice little mini arcade thing going on.

Comment

Out of nowhere I had a craving to revisit Super Mario Odyssey. Diving back in its just as I remember, a total joy. Even with the familiarity of having been there and done it before. The sheer amount of depth and content and secrets and ideas. It's astonishing. I've said it before ... this is about as close to perfection as I've seen in any game.

Comment

Funnily enough this morning I finished Super Mario Galaxy
                            Easily still: SMG >
                            SMO > SM64 > SM3DW > SMS

Just sheer utter joy. The closest to a niggle would be the odd occasion where Mario spins a little when the controls seem unsure which direction you intend to go in but it never happened at a critical moment. It's crushing that the second game isn't on the Switch as well, I can dig it out but likely won't for a long while and it's the last stop on the replay journey. Epic and the series finest moment.

Over the weekend I should be finishing Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and then likely resuming Mass Effect. Possibly starting to look at R-Type Final 2 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Funnily enough this morning I finished Super Mario Galaxy
                              Easily still: SMG >
                              SMO > SM64 > SM3DW > SMS

I think I might play Galaxy next (3D All Stars). Loved the Wii game but never did finish it. Brilliant as it was I never felt 100% comfy playing with the wand & ‘chuck.

Comment

FF7 remake. Closing in on the final chapter now but God damn I've enjoyed the **** out of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X