Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terraonion MODE - ODE for Saturn and Dreamcast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terraonion MODE - ODE for Saturn and Dreamcast.

Well I wasn’t expecting to see something like this. Works with 20 and 21 pin Saturn models as well as 5v and 3.3v Dreamcast systems. Apparently it just autodetects which model you have plugged it into.
    It also features automatic region patching and allows you a choice of storage medium so you can go with a USB drive, Micro SD card or 2.5” SATA drive.
    Sounds great. I think I’ll be ordering a couple.

Video - https://youtu.be/IVpnjd8QVks
    Last edited by CMcK; 18-04-2020, 05:58.

They sound great, company is terrible though.

Comment

That looks brilliant. I might even buy a Saturn again one day.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        They sound great, company is terrible though.
        I've never had an issue with any of their products to be fair. Just more with how they're not 100% honest about the P&P. Don't care mind, ordered 1 and if the product works as well has in the vids, will also get another one for the DC

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          That looks brilliant. I might even buy a Saturn again one day.
          How could you even sell your Saturn LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            How could you even sell your Saturn LOL
            I know, right!? I sold everything not-current gen years ago mate (bar one or two things) ... just needed the cash for other things at the time and tbh I haven't really missed anything ... but an affordable way to play PDS again ... that might get my attention

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              I know, right!? I sold everything not-current gen years ago mate (bar one or two things) ... just needed the cash for other things at the time and tbh I haven't really missed anything ... but an affordable way to play PDS again ... that might get my attention
              I know, like I was telling Van I've downsized and sold a lot of my older gaming stuff and even sold a ton of Mega Drive and Master System games. I do sort of regret getting rid of my Amiga and Atari Jaguar mind (its amazing how onthe day you post the item you sold, you acutally want to play it LOL) but it all helped to paid for the OLED TV and a bunch of UHD BluRays

Comment

I wonder just how flexible this ODE is? If it can operate on multiple models of consoles could it be updated to work with other systems like the 3DO, PlayStation and CD32 for example.
                I’ve ordered a couple of these MODE devices as the prospect of a shump jukebox on the Saturn and Dreamcast is just too tempting. Plus I can play stuff like Taromaru and Panzer Dragoon Saga without forking out silly money.
                Hopefully the wider availability of an ODE for the Saturn will encourage more homebrew development for the system and fan translations too.

Comment

Anyone have any of their ODE's? How easy is it putting games on the cards..Am hopeless with things like this, I can barely figure out how to use the interweb

Comment

I have their other ODEs and can confirm they are easy to use. Just format a card and copy the files across. I use a folder for each letter of the alphabet to aid searching. I think there is a limit on the number of items in a folder but it’s a lot.
                    You can download the instruction manuals from the product page on the Terraonion web shop.

Comment

cheers Craig

Comment

I would have killed for one of these devices a few year back, but Saturn and DC emulation is so good now that I don't think I would ever go back to the original hardware, despite having them still setup and ready to play.

Comment

Just bought a white saturn in preparation for this

Very happy about this as the rhea/phoebe is always sold out and theres no other alternatives. Plus terraonion did a great job with the MegaSD.

Comment

There are other options but there’s a few drawbacks.

https://www.fenrir-ode.fr/ - Only compatible with certain models at present. Not for us white mk2 owners.

https://www.patreon.com/prof_abrasive - The Satiator was top of my list previously but seems to be taking forever to get released. Beta units are in circulation now and it should be very easy to install.

Comment

Working...
                            X