Vertical gaming monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical gaming monitor

Hi all, I'm looking to get a gaming monitor to pair with my switch to play shmups in vertical mode. Looking for 27" 1080p , something cheapish but still good quality. Any recommendations? Thanks

The capability to tilt/rotate is less about the monitor itself these days - I think as long as you get a monitor that has a VESA mount, you can can get pretty much anything and then attach it to a monitor arm that'll do the work for you.

Comment

Not to mention that many stands allow to rotate the monitor vertically without getting an extra arm.
      Just a couple of things: double check the arm or the monitor stand can rotate both right and left: some low-cost arms only rotate on one side and some games might not have the option to rotate the screen +90° or -90°; decent arms (like those by Ergotron) can rotate both ways. And check the VESA mount size; most are 100x100, but you don't want to end up with an arm with 75x75 when the monitor is 100x100 or viceversa.

Comment

Cool thanks for this, I'll have a proper look and see what I can find

Comment

I use a brilliant brand of stand, which I will post later

Comment

Full vesa (75/100) and solid as a rock

Image 81-A607-C4-92-D5-46-A7-AD9-A-2-FF71-B8-BBDC3 hosted in ImgBB

Image D7-D7-EBD8-2447-49-E8-9-AD4-F881-B6-EA504-B hosted in ImgBB

Comment

You could look at basically any decent office monitor, it'll have a stand that allows for rotation. I know my Ultrasharp has very low input lag and such a stand, U2417H. They for sure make 27" variants too.

Comment

A proper stand will give you a full 360 rotate, where as most fixed monitor stand will usually only let you rotate one way (in some cases the wrong way)

Comment

That's true, although I've found most software tends to cater to counter clockwise rotation. Of course, not always the case. And if you're pairing with something like MAME then you can rotate how you like. An arm is a good shout though if your desk can facilitate it and frees up desk space to boot.

Comment

Working...
                  X